ADVERTISEMENT

The NBA Finals start on Thursday

And before this thread ends I want to give a shout out to Doris Burke. Imo, she is the best female sideline reporter I have ever seen, regardless of sport. A former basketball player herself she is capable of providing quality commentary. She does not have to do human interest stories because she's smarter than that. She's a good interviewer even Greg Popovich likes her. I've seen her do play by play, and analysis on NBA games. She is so much better than that punk Mark Jackson and annoying Jeff Van Gundy. Mike Breen is a quality play by play man. But put her next to him and get rid of MJ and JVG.

My .02 worth.

And before this thread ends I want to give a shout out to Doris Burke. Imo, she is the best female sideline reporter I have ever seen, regardless of sport. A former basketball player herself she is capable of providing quality commentary. She does not have to do human interest stories because she's smarter than that. She's a good interviewer even Greg Popovich likes her. I've seen her do play by play, and analysis on NBA games. She is so much better than that punk Mark Jackson and annoying Jeff Van Gundy. Mike Breen is a quality play by play man. But put her next to him and get rid of MJ and JVG.

My .02 worth.
Is there a "no like" button? Can't stand her! (BTW - I agree with your assessment of Mark Jackson and Van Gundy). Give me Hubie!

Correct Ray Allen is a futer HOF players. But when he signed with Miami he was at the end of his career. He came off the bench and was signed at a bargain basement salary. There is no question that the Miami bench was much better than the one he has in Cleveland.

As for 7 straight Finals appearances and weak competition. Maybe but 7 straight years in the Finals is a hard thing to do. Very few have done it. But lets be honest. There were only three teams in the NBA who had a chance to win the title. The Cavs, the Warriors, and the Spurs and when Kawhi Leonard went down the Spurs, and lest be honest, fell apart. I don't see that changing next year. It is what it is.
BTW - Ray Allen hit the 3 at the buzzer after the Spurs missed several free throws in last 25 seconds of Game 6 - LeBron has one gimme championship that year.

Correct Ray Allen is a futer HOF players. But when he signed with Miami he was at the end of his career. He came off the bench and was signed at a bargain basement salary. There is no question that the Miami bench was much better than the one he has in Cleveland.

As for 7 straight Finals appearances and weak competition. Maybe but 7 straight years in the Finals is a hard thing to do. Very few have done it. But lets be honest. There were only three teams in the NBA who had a chance to win the title. The Cavs, the Warriors, and the Spurs and when Kawhi Leonard went down the Spurs, and lest be honest, fell apart. I don't see that changing next year. It is what it is.
Um, yeah there is a question if Miami's bench was better than Cleveland's. Neither one was good. It's frankly laughable that you think Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem are good players. Go look at the box scores from Miami's finals and tell me how good that bench was.

Um, yeah there is a question if Miami's bench was better than Cleveland's. Neither one was good. It's frankly laughable that you think Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem are good players. Go look at the box scores from Miami's finals and tell me how good that bench was.

Bench players usually don't put up big numbers.

Yeah........Go look at the box scores, and compare Miami's bench to the opponent's.

But they were still a lot better than Cleveland's. Good lord Lebron and Kyrie had to play 45 minutes that wouldn't have happened if they had any kind of bench.

Seriously?
Kyle Korver?
Deron Williams?
Richard Jefferson turned back the clock last year and made a solid contribution but this time he looked like the 37 year old player whose best days are behind him.
Channing Frye gets paid $7 mil and he doesn't even play what does that tell you?
Iman Shumpert?

One more time. In Game 5 the Cleveland bench scored 7 points total. Andre Iguodala came off the bench and scored 20 points by himself.

One more time. Lebron's bench in Miami was a lot better than the one he has now.

I don't understand the point you are trying to make? Even if someone were to concede that the Miami teams were better than the Cavs, neither are or were anywhere close to good enough to for this Warriors team.

Reactions: diadevic
Bring on football. Basketball season is over. We're getting into the slow period for sports. All we have to watch is the CWS and MLB until football starts. It can't get here soon enough!

But they were still a lot better than Cleveland's. Good lord Lebron and Kyrie had to play 45 minutes that wouldn't have happened if they had any kind of bench.

Seriously?
Kyle Korver?
Deron Williams?
Richard Jefferson turned back the clock last year and made a solid contribution but this time he looked like the 37 year old player whose best days are behind him.
Channing Frye gets paid $7 mil and he doesn't even play what does that tell you?
Iman Shumpert?

One more time. In Game 5 the Cleveland bench scored 7 points total. Andre Iguodala came off the bench and scored 20 points by himself.

One more time. Lebron's bench in Miami was a lot better than the one he has now.

Yeah, and here is your bench in Miami:
Udonis Haslem
James Jones
Mike Miller
Juwan Howard
Mario Chalers

Sorry, those aren't good players. That crew isn't any better than Kyle Korver and co.

And again one more time, stuff like that also happened in Miami. For example,
Game 2, 2011 Miami scored 11 pts, Jason Terry scores 16 by himself (23 for the team).
Game 4, 2011 Miami scored 15 pts, Jason Terry scores 17, (28 for the team).
Game 5, 2011 Miami scored 20 pts, Jason Terry scores 27 (43 for team)

Game 1, 2014 Miami scored 20 pts, Manu Ginobili scored 16 (34 for the team)
Game 2, 2014 Miami scored 12 pts, Manu Ginobils scored 19 (37 for team)

Miami's bench crapped the bed on multiple occasions.

Sigh but in the ones they won they came through. Look you and I going in circles :)

You don't have to be Michael Jordan to realize that bench strength is critical if you want to win the NBA title. And nobody has the kind of bench Golden State has. I haven't seen anything like it since the Showtime Lakers.

Sigh but in the ones they won they came through. Look you and I going in circles :)

You don't have to be Michael Jordan to realize that bench strength is critical if you want to win the NBA title. And nobody has the kind of bench Golden State has. I haven't seen anything like it since the Showtime Lakers.

The only reason we are going in circles is because you refuse to acknowledge facts that contradict your argument. The benches of both Miami and Cleveland were weak. Miami's bench was NOT good. Neither bench had the quality of teams like Golden State or San Antonio. I gave you multiple examples where Miami's bench was outscored by one player from the opposing team. It didn't just happen to Cleveland. You argument of "but in the ones they won they came through" doesn't hold up. Miami lost two finals, and won two. Cleveland lost 2 finals and won 1. Cleveland's bench also "came through in the one they won." Again, neither bench is good. Your argument is just like arguing who is the tallest midget. That fact still remains, LeBron James's teams have to spend so much money on the "Big Three" that they don't have the funds to build a bench rivaling teams like Golden St or San Antonio.

The only reason we are going in circles is because you refuse to acknowledge facts that contradict your argument. The benches of both Miami and Cleveland were weak. Miami's bench was NOT good. Neither bench had the quality of teams like Golden State or San Antonio. I gave you multiple examples where Miami's bench was outscored by one player from the opposing team. It didn't just happen to Cleveland. You argument of "but in the ones they won they came through" doesn't hold up. Miami lost two finals, and won two. Cleveland lost 2 finals and won 1. Cleveland's bench also "came through in the one they won." Again, neither bench is good. Your argument is just like arguing who is the tallest midget. That fact still remains, LeBron James's teams have to spend so much money on the "Big Three" that they don't have the funds to build a bench rivaling teams like Golden St or San Antonio.

Like I said above nobody has a bench like the Warriors. And like I also said only the Showtime Lakers match it. Not even the Spurs have that kind of bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT