ADVERTISEMENT

The NFL draft has finally arrived

Congrats to all the young men.

Looking at the talent we have right now and assuming there aren't unforseen setbacks I see a for sure future 1st rd pick, 2 likely, and 3 potentially late 1st-early 2nd rd picks depending on nfl team needs. Any guesses?

There's a ton of elite young men on the roster. Hopefully they can stay healthy and put it all together while we still have them.

Say this for TCU. They had 8 players drafted far more than anything Big XII school. AL and GA led the way with 10 each. MI was second with 9 and TCU finished third. The last TCU player to be drafted was Duggan how about that?

They really were legitimate.

I just checked Tyree Wilson's combine stats.

6'5 3/8 tall.
271 lbs

No 40 time
No vertical
No broad
No nothing, but 225 bench reps-- 23...... that's piss poor.

How in the fvck did this guy get drafted top 10?

6'5 3/8 tall.
271 lbs

No 40 time
No vertical
No broad

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of him prior to the draft. If he's worthy of a top 10 pick I would think he would've made more of an impact on the football field. At least a big enough impact to get noticed.

6'5 3/8 tall.
271 lbs

No 40 time
No vertical
No broad

Until he was injured he was having a good season. He was all world against TCU but then he got hurt. He's a good player.

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of him prior to the draft. If he's worthy of a top 10 pick I would think he would've made more of an impact on the football field. At least a big enough impact to get noticed.
Then you weren't watching the game.

6'5 3/8 tall.
271 lbs

No 40 time
No vertical
No broad

He was a pretty good player at collieville then transferred to sandaggy where he played out of his mind before injury.

I wouldn't gamble on a top 10 picked based off of his 3 months play time but I also don't have a team of millionaires dissecting film.

Let’s not forget it was the Raiders that drafted him in the top 10. They don’t necessarily have a stellar track record for player evaluation and development.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
He was a pretty good player at collieville then transferred to sandaggy where he played out of his mind before injury.

I wouldn't gamble on a top 10 picked based off of his 3 months play time but I also don't have a team of millionaires dissecting film.
Whatever they are or aren't TT does not deserve to be compared to the aggies nobody is that bad.

There is only group of aggies and for that the world can breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Whatever they are or aren't TT does not deserve to be compared to the aggies nobody is that bad.

There is only group of aggies and for that the world can breathe a collective sigh of relief.
You're right. That comment was definitely below the belt, nobody deserves that association.

6'5 3/8 tall.
271 lbs

No 40 time
No vertical
No broad

The NFL scouts are size whores. They love guys with size and length. His tape is nowhere near top 10. And his production in college is very minimal. I've been saying for 4 months now when the media scouts and NFL scouts were drooling over him he's got huge bust written all over him.

I've been looking at our roster and it looks like next year we could have 8+ guys drafted. It's really nice to see guys developing finally. My guess would be Mitchell, Worthy, Whittington, JT Sanders, Christian Jones, Byron Murphy, Tvondre Sweat, Jaylan Ford, Barron, Watts. I think there's a pretty good shot all those guys are drafted next year.

Reactions: westx
And Anthony Cook and D'shawn Jamison signed fa contracts. Jamison by the niners, and Cook by the Chiefs.

All in all that makes 7 guys signing NFL contracts, the best we've done in a long time. Makes us proud guys and

Hookemhorns

Reactions: freeper and westx
I've been looking at our roster and it looks like next year we could have 8+ guys drafted. It's really nice to see guys developing finally. My guess would be Mitchell, Worthy, Whittington, JT Sanders, Christian Jones, Byron Murphy, Tvondre Sweat, Jaylan Ford, Barron, Watts. I think there's a pretty good shot all those guys are drafted next year.
I really hate the idea of only getting to see AD Mitchell in burnt orange one year. Here’s hoping somehow he decides to stay.

Reactions: Hoookem722
2024 mock draft has Quinn going 5th to the Washington Redskins. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are the consensus 1 and 2 picks.

2024 mock draft has Quinn going 5th to the Washington Redskins. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are the consensus 1 and 2 picks.
I could definitely see that. Quinn doesn't even have to put up big numbers this year to get drafted high next year. Will Levis and Anthony Richardson both had very average to below average college careers and Richardson went 4th overall and Levis went with the first pick in the 2nd round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT