ADVERTISEMENT

This personifies our teams problem

clob94

Aug 25, 2014

Care to know why we play so poorly? Watch this video in it's entirety. Complete attitude of entitlement.

"But.......but.......but...... we're Texas?".

Btw, Serena Williams is an entitled *itch.

Care to know why we play so poorly? Watch this video in it's entirety. Complete attitude of entitlement.

"But.......but.......but...... we're Texas?".

Btw, Serena Williams is an entitled *itch.
I have seen some interviews with her, her dad and with Venus. She or her sister/dad never came across that way to me. I am still waiting to learn more about yesterday's altercation, but, yea, I wasn't impressed by her behavior. I saw that and kind of got annoyed and said here we go again. But, I am waiting to see if the men get away with more as fas as altercations with the umpire or raquet abuse. I used to watch tennis quite a bit when I played, but, haven't really watched it to a significant degree in the last 20 years. McEnroe got away with a lot of verbal confrontations, but, that was another era and I don't think that is allowed these days. Every other time I have seen the Williams', they have been incredibly respectful.

I heard about this but hadn't seen it until now. This just makes me sick to my stomach. Watching how bad Osaka feels pisses me off the most. Serena made a freaking mockery of all this by making it all about herself. She embarrassed herself and the sport of Tennis and she absolutely owes Osaka an apology.

Hell, Osaka actually apologized for winning the match!!! WTF!!!
Serena was so unprofessional and completely irresponsible. And the crowd was also horrible. Screw all of them!!

What a disgrace. She was getting her ass kicked and just couldn't handle it. She slips in the whole "I'm a mother" card and the old "men do this more than women" card. Claiming she never would set a bad example for her daughter but then proceeds to throw a temper tantrum like a 3 year old. Oh, and if I heard correctly, her coach admitted on live TV that he was coaching her from the stands in clear violation.

Anybody that supports her in this situation is straight up trash. What does squeezing a baby out of that disgusting snatch have to do with anything? I can't take much more of this generation. Nobody is responsible for their own actions. Everyone is a victim.

It was hard watching Osaka have to deal with such garbage and literally apologize for winning her lifelong dream. She was the only respect-worthy adult in the entire stadium.

"It's not fair!"..."It's not fair!". If you'd just kept your mouth shut and took your ass-kicking like a pro, none of this would've happened! You know what's not fair? Having Bo Jackson's body and playing women's tennis!

I heard about this but hadn't seen it until now. This just makes me sick to my stomach. Watching how bad Osaka feels pisses me off the most. Serena made a freaking mockery of all this by making it all about herself. She embarrassed herself and the sport of Tennis and she absolutely owes Osaka an apology.

Serena was so unprofessional and completely irresponsible. And the crowd was also horrible. Screw all of them!!

What a disgrace. She was getting her ass kicked and just couldn't handle it. She slips in the whole "I'm a mother" card and the old "men do this more than women" card. Claiming she never would set a bad example for her daughter but then proceeds to throw a temper tantrum like a 3 year old. Oh, and if I heard correctly, her coach admitted on live TV that he was coaching her from the stands in clear violation.

Anybody that supports her in this situation is straight up trash. What does squeezing a baby out of that disgusting snatch have to do with anything? I can't take much more of this generation. Nobody is responsible for their own actions. Everyone is a victim.

It was hard watching Osaka have to deal with such garbage and literally apologize for winning her lifelong dream. She was the only respect-worthy adult in the entire stadium.

"It's not fair!"..."It's not fair!". If you'd just kept your mouth shut and took your ass-kicking like a pro, none of this would've happened! You know what's not fair? Having Bo Jackson's body and playing women's tennis!

"Don't talk to me. You'll never judge another of my matches. You owe me an apology. You're a thief. You stole a point from me. If I were a man, you wouldn't do this to me."

Reactions: Drtxhorn
I have seen some interviews with her, her dad and with Venus. She or her sister/dad never came across that way to me. I am still waiting to learn more about yesterday's altercation, but, yea, I wasn't impressed by her behavior. I saw that and kind of got annoyed and said here we go again. But, I am waiting to see if the men get away with more as fas as altercations with the umpire or raquet abuse. I used to watch tennis quite a bit when I played, but,We haven't really watched it to a significant degree in the last 20 years. McEnroe got away with a lot of verbal confrontations, but, that was another era and I don't think that is allowed these days. Every other time I have seen the Williams', they have been incredibly respectful.
Were you still watching as replay started? They called it the "Mac cam" at first. So John McEnroe would be calling a match, call a ball in or out. He was ALWAYS right. It must have been agonizing to know that so many calls were wrong.

Reactions: westx

I don't think her actions that day are a norm. I'm not saying what she did wasn't professional or right but to say she's entitled is wrong. She's worked hard for what she has no one gave her anything or she's never expected anything to be given.

Where I think you lose some credibility is where you start speaking about the way she looks and her "Snatch". Not sure why that came to play but it sounds like you just don't like her period. Which is fine but you can't take away her dominance of the sport no matter how much you dislike her.

I don't think her actions that day are a norm. I'm not saying what she did wasn't professional or right but to say she's entitled is wrong. She's worked hard for what she has no one gave her anything or she's never expected anything to be given.

Where I think you lose some credibility is where you start speaking about the way she looks and her "Snatch". Not sure why that came to play but it sounds like you just don't like her period. Which is fine but you can't take away her dominance of the sport no matter how much you dislike her.
Point taken. She behaved horribly and used her kid and gender as a defense shield. Ridiculous. But why bring her "snatch" into it?

BTW Longfellow - this ain't the first time she's gotten into it with US Open officials. Check out this one.

Point taken. She behaved horribly and used her kid and gender as a defense shield. Ridiculous. But why bring her "snatch" into it?

BTW Longfellow - this ain't the first time she's gotten into it with US Open officials. Check out this one.

Oh I know I just said it wasn't the norm and she's not the only one. Again I think it was unprofessional of her but she isn't the only pro tennis person that's argued with a ref and most times they give warnings. Either way Osaka won and she should be proud of beating her idol.

Reactions: westx and diadevic
Back to why this was posted. Yes our football program has a culture problem it's weak/entitled and it needs to be built back to what it was. Also our fan base is just as bad. Expecting to win is great expecting to win just because we're Texas cracks me up. We obviously aren't there yet I'm just hoping as the season goes on we get better and our fans realize it's not going to happen overnight. This includes me.

Reactions: horn wild
"Don't talk to me. You'll never judge another of my matches. You owe me an apology. You're a thief. You stole a point from me. If I were a man, you wouldn't do this to me."

Seeing that made me think of Bobby Jones and how he would self report himself for violations he made that no one else would see. He is the gold standard of sportsmanship. It's too bad there are no more Bobby Jones in sports now.

I felt sorry for her until I saw that video. He let her vent plenty enough but she just couldnt let it go. It's obviously not a female or black bias because.....the other player is a black female too. She does play the victim card pretty well once the rules are inforced.
She earned it.

I guess this is a "Omen" that we gonna beat USC?

0301153_12318_MC_Tx304_zpsf8px56et.jpg

Hook'em

I disagree 100%. Her actions that day are not atypical for her. She's melted down numerous times in the past. You're obviously a fan of hers while I'm not so much. I don't minimize her talent nor her achievements. I prefer champions who win and lose with grace and dignity. She's a poor example in how to handle defeat. She thinks she's bigger than the game and has believed that for a long time. She's no longer the best women's tennis player and she can't deal with it. She knew she was on a hot mic pulling all the women victim BS. She knew exactly what she was doing and was probably looking for a new deal with Nike ala Kaepernick. Frighteningly manipulative and totally oblivious to the fact that Osaka is also a woman capable of being an example for women.

I'm also not concerned how you feel about my "credibility". I apologize that you were triggered by my comments. I'm just expressing myself like the rest of us. Next time, I would respectfully ask that you keep your thoughts about me to yourself. My comments were about her and her actions and her appearance. That's all fair game since she made the choice to act the way she did and dress the way she did in front of a worldwide audience.

Freakin' "blah, blah, blah...I'm a mother! How dare you!" and the crowd cheers her on. "I would never cheat! blah, blah, blah..I would rather lose than cheat! blah, blah, blah"

"Oh yeah, I was coaching her.".....Her coach

What a disgrace!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT