Those Going to Ann Arbor for the Game - The Big-House is a Bucket List Item - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Based on Past Experience

mortgagehorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
When I had my own mortgage company a few years back we sold about 80% of to Flagstar Bank who was at the time a big UM Sponsor. The CEO was in Houston and came by our office for a 15 minute visit. When he saw my National Championship football signed by VY that short visit lasted about an hour and a half. He's a huge Michigan and college football fan as it turned out - it culminated with him inviting me up for the Ohio State game in Ann Arbor.

Here is what I recollect about attending a game there:

The Good -

Just a great stadium for watching a game - the "sight-lines" are some of the best I've ever seen in the stadium - few if any "Bad Seats".
One of the "Hallowed Grounds" of College Football - was a bucket-list item for me.
Get ready as a fan and player - that place is loud.
Beautiful setting and stadium - weather is perfect for football.
Nice knowledgeable and friendly fans.

The Bad -

It may have changed, though with the stadium being so old restroom lines are LONG.
Same goes for "Concession Stand" not a huge offering - get any food or drink early as lines were also long.
Early game time - you will have to get up very early if not staying in Ann Arbor to make the kickoff.

The Ugly -

Parking is horrendous - makes DKR/ATX seem like you're pulling into the front row of a convenience store.
If you don't have a parking pass be prepared to walk for a while.
Leaving after the game is worse - traffic is horrendous - small college town with small streets - I'd tailgate if possible.

Enjoy yourselves, relish the opportunity to watch a game there, and cheer on the Horns to victory. Yep I'm a little bit jealous.

Hook 'Em!

MH

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.