ADVERTISEMENT

Time to exit the Big 12

The past is prologue? Is there another poster on this board who has read Shakespeare? Quoting Shakespeare on a message board nice touch there clob94. One last thing. 25 mil Angolans didn't give a sh*t about the OK/TX game lol
Never said the Angolans did. I'm betting that @freeper knew the Shakespeare quote and I'm betting there's a couple more as well....

But..... he was correct... the past is.. prologue.

Reactions: freeper
The future really isn’t even about Ehlinger. Its about the 3 stud QB recruits behind him moving forward.
‘All the world ‘s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.’

Sam is playing a HUGE part in our coming future my man. Win and they will come

Reactions: freeper
This is utter BS. Spiking the ball will get you an unsportsmanlike 100% of the time in college football. Find me one of these 200 times it's been done and not been called. There is a reason it's not done in college and that's because it will get you 15. You lost all credibility at that point so I quit reading the rest of your nonsense. Learn the rules dumbass. I've watched at least 2 college games every week this year and can't remember a single time anyone has spiked the ball. They don't do it because it's a penalty. I guess next you're going to tell us that teams routinely do photo opps in the end zone, or pull out cell phones from the goal post padding. I'm sure this has been done 200 times as well without a penalty. What an idiot.
Don't worry man, everyone over on the OU board thinks the same way about Plainosooner. He's known for being a total dumbass. He thinks highly of himself, yet he posts shit he just randomly pulls out of his ass. He kills bugs for a living so I'm sure his habit of inhaling his own bug dope has taken it's toll over the years. He's got the IQ of a fvcking carrot.

Reactions: BerryhillBoomer2017
This is utter BS. Spiking the ball will get you an unsportsmanlike 100% of the time in college football. Find me one of these 200 times it's been done and not been called. There is a reason it's not done in college and that's because it will get you 15. You lost all credibility at that point so I quit reading the rest of your nonsense. Learn the rules dumbass. I've watched at least 2 college games every week this year and can't remember a single time anyone has spiked the ball. They don't do it because it's a penalty. I guess next you're going to tell us that teams routinely do photo opps in the end zone, or pull out cell phones from the goal post padding. I'm sure this has been done 200 times as well without a penalty. What an idiot.
Correct!

The NCAA instituted a specific 15-yard penalty for taunting after the Canes were too mean to Texas during a blowout in the 1991 Cotton Bowl.

After a play, players have to give the ball to an official immediately or put it down near where it became dead. They are prohibited from:
(a) Kicking, throwing, spinning or carrying (including off of the field) the ball any distance that requires an official to retrieve it.

(b) Spiking the ball to the ground [Exception: A forward pass to conserve time.]

Correct!

The NCAA instituted a specific 15-yard penalty for taunting after the Canes were too mean to Texas during a blowout in the 1991 Cotton Bowl.

After a play, players have to give the ball to an official immediately or put it down near where it became dead. They are prohibited from:
(a) Kicking, throwing, spinning or carrying (including off of the field) the ball any distance that requires an official to retrieve it.

(b) Spiking the ball to the ground [Exception: A forward pass to conserve time.]

What the hell does this even mean? Are you blaming Texas? Or just being a cocksucker?

Reactions: Scholz
So, are you saying those were bogus calls? That Kris Boyd didn’t face mask Marquis Brown?
Read the article and the comments. It's clear that the Big 12 officiating crew had the fix in. We should reject any association with such filth.
So, are you saying those were bogus calls? That Kris Boyd didn’t face mask Marquis Brown?

There were missed calls on both sides.

I guess I just come from a culture and sports where our mantra is don’t blame the refs...you shouldn’t let it be so close that they could affect the outcome.

Last edited:
For the record this Texas guy does not blame the refs . . . Now can we debate Kris Boyd and Tim Beck's play calling with the ball on our own 7? Yup, sign me up for that.

Those things cost us that game IMO. Christ's sake, In what league can a db get a WR in a headlock coming out of a break? Good grief Boyd, ever read the rule book?

There were missed calls on both sides.

I guess I just come from a culture and sports where our mantra is don’t blame the refs...you shouldn’t let it be so close that they could affect the outcome.

That's rich...coming from a sooner

Quick question for the $ooners here. Which of the posters from this board were on your board thumping their chests and acting a fool after the game at the Cotton Bowl?

For the record this Texas guy does not blame the refs . . . Now can we debate Kris Boyd and Tim Beck's play calling with the ball on our own 7? Yup, sign me up for that.

Those things cost us that game IMO. Christ's sake, In what league can a db get a WR in a headlock coming out of a break? Good grief Boyd, ever read the rule book?

I actually think Boyd had a decent game considering the task.

Never said the Angolans did. I'm betting that @freeper knew the Shakespeare quote and I'm betting there's a couple more as well....

But..... he was correct... the past is.. prologue.

Truth to tell, like @outhereincali I'd rather read Dan Jenkins than Shakespeare nowadays. On the other hand @clob94 you'd win your bet as I do enjoy Billy the Bard and yes I knew the quote.

I must warn you though, right now we are conducting a Cold War exercise in my classes where my students are split into US and Russian teams and they re-fight the conflict. Today the Russkis took Angola in a nasty coup. You might want to practice saying "tovarisch" just in case....

Quick question for the $ooners here. Which of the posters from this board were on your board thumping their chests and acting a fool after the game at the Cotton Bowl?
Not me. I don't act a fool or thump my chest. It's not my accomplishment. But I always come here, good or bad. I have a pretty good relationship with most of the old time posters on here.

That's rich...coming from a sooner
Football is not my sport. Wrestling and MMA is. Been doing that at all levels.

And that is the basic culture of a wrestler or a fighter. Don't leave it up to the judges. If you do, that's on you. Take it out of their hands. Don't give them the opportunity to make the difference.

And for the record, I was on here in 2006 when OU lost to Oregon. I didn't blame the refs then, and I won't now.

Not me. I don't act a fool or thump my chest. It's not my accomplishment. But I always come here, good or bad. I have a pretty good relationship with most of the old time posters on here.

That wasn't my question. I asked how many people from our board were on your board after we won in Dallas.

Whoops! Reading comprehension is obviously not my strong suit.

Don’t know. I hardly go on that board, to be honest. I’d be willing to bet there was one or two.

But by and large, there weren’t a lot of Texas posters on the OU site when I was there. There always seems to be some resident Sooners over here, so it doesn’t seem odd to me that some of those would be here.

For those who came just to bump their gums after a Sooner win/Texas loss....meh, it’s an internet message board. Ask Chili over on TexAgs if he’d ever ran off any Texas posters when A&M lost. The answer is a resounding yes. It’s a Rivalry. It happens.

At this point the $ec looks clean. Man the big 12 is little more than a mafia org.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...-in-39-27-loss-to-Oklahoma-Sooners-125711169/

We are having the same discussions on our board regarding Pro-Alabama league office in Bham. I believe LSU and some others are as well.

The Head of officials in the SEC is an Ala alum.

The director of scheduling and most tenured employee in the sec is also an Alabama grad.

If you’re looking to get away from a crimson conspiracy, you will find more of the same in the sec.

You should see all the monuments built here exalting the Russians. It's insane. All their aircraft are old russian transports. Their helicopters are all rusting but they are russian built. The military and police all carry mackarov pistols and AK47s. I got this dumbass cop here to actually unholster his pistol and hand it to me..... LOADED..... so I could "admire" it. The Cubans also sent doctors and medical workers here to aid the angolans. Before I left, the French had pulled a massive transport ship into the harbor as they began military drills with other west African nations. I am friends with the head of the Gendarmerie at the French consulate here and he got me an invite onto the ship for lunch. Pretty cool tour. They gave us a big history lesson about the goings on here back during the cold war.

Truth to tell, like @outhereincali I'd rather read Dan Jenkins than Shakespeare nowadays. On the other hand @clob94 you'd win your bet as I do enjoy Billy the Bard and yes I knew the quote.

I must warn you though, right now we are conducting a Cold War exercise in my classes where my students are split into US and Russian teams and they re-fight the conflict. Today the Russkis took Angola in a nasty coup. You might want to practice saying "tovarisch" just in case....

ADVERTISEMENT