ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (5-5)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Do not let the roles you play in life make you forget who you are.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Roy T. Bennett

I had occasion recently to look up an old law school classmate. Though we were acquainted, we really never became friends. He was memorable because of his brilliance. He had earned every academic award Texas had to offer, but was always quiet and humble. In his chosen specialty, he went on to become a leading authority not only in Texas, but across the country. To my surprise and crushing disappointment, I learned that he had died in 2006, at age 53.

His Obit paid brief tribute to his professional achievements, and they were impressive. This part told us WHAT he was. But that wasn't the best part. It went on to say that he was a 7th-generation Texan, who considered his wife and their children to be his "greatest earthly gift." He "brought his children to Christ...and was the true embodiment of a servant." This part told us WHO he was.

Wish I'd spent more time with him in school: I'd have been a better student, but of far greater importance, I might have learned to be a better person too. The good news is that it's never too late.

Blessings to all of you on this wonderful Sunday morning.
NT
John 3:16

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News