ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman

ok true and true....but aTm aint all that!. They have played 3 teams all year that were above 500 and one of them is sitting at 5-4. The only decent team they beat all year is Florida.....and they are not doing well. It just goes to show that if you are in the secsecsec you can play shit ball all year and still think you are good. So what if Bama beats the shit out of you? They beat everyone....

No B12 championships in 11 years, perennial loss to ou, all time Big12 champs ou=14, Texas=3 isn’t enough to make Texas desperate. Perhaps, the aggies having some success and thus, two rivals being in the spotlight will be enough to have higher standards. It doesn’t make sense that being average and irrelevant doesn’t hurt our ego, but being turned down in public by top high profile coaches is just a “no go”. We can’t be humiliated in that way.

Except for whoever Auburn and Arizona hires, and potentially as many as 4-5 other jobs that could potentially be open this off season.
Arizona won’t be hiring anyone Texas would of looked at. Auburn probably not either

Brian Kelly makes $1.8M and has no buy out. He has 30 years of HC experience.

Really? Who are they not going to be hiring?
Arizona is talking like Dino Babers, maybe Bryan Harsin guys like that. Harsin is the only one Texas would be remotely interested in.

Auburn sounds like their search is all over the map right now. But I doubt they bring in one of the top candidates. Imo it’s the worst job in the country right now.

Tom's wife said he didn't call south carolina. Don't know if I buy her story.
Clob, I need just a ray of hope here that something is still cooking behind the scenes. . . some small sliver of possibility that 2021 won’t have TH jogging out of that tunnel next year. Are we really dead in the water or just waiting for some things to play out?

Last edited:
I can think of one other place that is worse, it's the one that has all the money in the world and no one seems to want to be there.
I think that’s kind of been overblown a little bit. When we hired Tom Herman he was the hottest coaching candidate in the country. Who besides Urban Meyer has turned us down? And as far as I know he didn’t turn us down because of “Texas” he turned us down because he doesn’t want to coach. It’s not always about money

Arizona is talking like Dino Babers, maybe Bryan Harsin guys like that. Harsin is the only one Texas would be remotely interested in.

Auburn sounds like their search is all over the map right now. But I doubt they bring in one of the top candidates. Imo it’s the worst job in the country right now.

In what universe is Auburn the worst job in the country?

They are one of the 10-15 wealthiest programs in the country.

They are the 19th winningest program in college football history.

They have 2 NCs (should be 3) and 3 Heisman trophy winners.

They have had 14 players drafted in the 1st 2 days of the nfl draft in the last decade.

In what universe is Auburn the worst job in the country?

They are one of the 10-15 wealthiest programs in the country.

They are the 19th winningest program in college football history.

They have 2 NCs (should be 3) and 3 Heisman trophy winners.

They have had 14 players drafted in the 1st 2 days of the nfl draft in the last decade.
Auburn is the worst job in the country for the following reason.
I’ve gotta recruit against Nick Saban for almost every top recruit in my geographic area.

I’ve gotta play Nick Saban every year and my fan base actually thinks we should beat him more often than we lose which no one does

Because Alabama is in my division even if I go 11-1 could very well not make the SEC title game or the CFP. Go 11-1 in the other division in the SEC or in any other major conference in college football I make the conference championship and probably the CFP

if I do manage to win a national title or get to a national title game at Auburn it gains me absolutkey no equity with the fan base

Tommy Tubberville went 13-0 in 2004 should of probably played for the title but the BCs kept them out. Then he went 9-3, 11-2, 9-4, and 5-7. He was fired after that 5-7 year

gene chizik
14-0 national title in 2010
8-5 in 2011
3-9 in 2012(fired)

Gus Malzahn played for a national title his won at least 8 games every year. His worst season was 7-6(he was 6-4 this year) and they paid him 20 million to go away with no obvious target to replace him.
By Auburn standards Texas is way to easy on coaches

I’ve gotta recruit against Nick Saban for almost every top recruit in my geographic area.

I’ve gotta play Nick Saban every year and my fan base actually thinks we should beat him more often than we lose which no one does

Because Alabama is in my division even if I go 11-1 could very well not make the SEC title game or the CFP. Go 11-1 in the other division in the SEC or in any other major conference in college football I make the conference championship and probably the CFP

if I do manage to win a national title or get to a national title game at Auburn it gains me absolutkey no equity with the fan base

Tommy Tubberville went 13-0 in 2004 should of probably played for the title but the BCs kept them out. Then he went 9-3, 11-2, 9-4, and 5-7. He was fired after that 5-7 year

gene chizik
8-5 in 2011
3-9 in 2012(fired)

Gus Malzahn played for a national title his won at least 8 games every year. His worst season was 7-6(he was 6-4 this year) and they paid him 20 million to go away with no obvious target to replace him.
Was the statement that Auburn is the worst job in the country meant to be hyperbole?
Arizona, Rutgers and Vanderbilt might beg to differ.

Reactions: LonghornMM

gene chizik
8-5 in 2011
3-9 in 2012(fired)

So, Auburn is the worst job in the country because you have to play Nick Saban every year? That means that the 6 worst programs in college football are in the SEC West.

if-you-insist-on-talking-out-your-ass-dont-act-shocked-when-people-call-bullshit-f60d4.png

gene chizik
8-5 in 2011
3-9 in 2012(fired)

So they went 8-5 and 3-9 in consecutive years but that’s too high of standards?? I’m confused, that seems like enough grounds to fire anyone.

If your a coach and you don't want the Auburn job because you don't believe you can beat Nick Saban, I do not want you to be my coach.

I know that I've worked my whole life to become the HC of a P5 football program, but you know......Nick Saban, so I'm going to have to pass.

Clob, I need just a ray of hope here that something is still cooking behind the scenes. . . some small sliver of possibility that 2021 won’t have TH jogging out of that tunnel next year. Are we really dead in the water or just waiting for some things to play out?
I got nothing. Belmont has gone quiet as a tomb.

Was the statement that Auburn is the worst job in the country meant to be hyperbole?
Arizona, Rutgers and Vanderbilt might beg to differ.
i see both sides but KC has his point. you could relate it to ou and osu. here though the pokes are resigned to their fate, hence gundy's longevity despite being 2-15 against us. down bama way that sh*t don't fly. so despite like 2 NC this century the war eagles got a very short leash on their HC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT