ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman

dj701919

Nov 20, 2012
I apologize if this is being captured in another thread.

TH has to go now. I don't care about buyouts or whether the next coach is really an improvement.

It had become quite apparent to me that inside the program, the inmates are running the asylum. You can never have that. Even if you're a coach that wants to support your players, you have to have the ability to walk in the room and say, "No. You can't do that"

Additionally, you would have to be very naive to believe that every player on our roster was cool with that ultimatum. Based on the discussion on this board, you can see how strongly people feel about The Eyes of Texas. You don't think that the same feelings might have been present in our locker room.

I wonder how Blake Brockermeyer feels about The Eyes of Texas? Think about that for a second.

TH allowed his players to create an environment where former players were ripping the school on social media. How do you think that played with recruits?

How do you think the ultimatum played with HS coaches and recruit's parents?

All of those things matter. But some would lead you to believe that only winning matters and what you believe in the EOT doesn't mean you can tackle or not. People that say this have either never been a leader of program, or have never been the leader of a successful program.

It all matters.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
I apologize if this is being captured in another thread.

TH has to go now. I don't care about buyouts or whether the next coach is really an improvement.

It had become quite apparent to me that inside the program, the inmates are running the asylum. You can never have that. Even if you're a coach that wants to support your players, you have to have the ability to walk in the room and say, "No. You can't do that"

Additionally, you would have to be very naive to believe that every player on our roster was cool with that ultimatum. Based on the discussion on this board, you can see how strongly people feel about The Eyes of Texas. You don't think that the same feelings might have been present in our locker room.

I wonder how Blake Brockermeyer feels about The Eyes of Texas? Think about that for a second.

TH allowed his players to create an environment where former players were ripping the school on social media. How do you think that played with recruits?

How do you think the ultimatum played with HS coaches and recruit's parents?

You have nailed it.
And don't forget the player who walked out of the stadium in a huff in the middle of a game and was rewarded with more playing time the next week. What example of discipline does that set?

Other posters here like to refer to our players as "kids." Well, these "kids" (and we really only positively know the identity of a few of them are because the famous Tweet was cowardly unsigned) who have only been on campus a short time have alienated a lot of folks who love our University.

And Herman has encouraged them. He was afraid, or too WOKE, to even require them to have the courtesy to remain for a few minutes after the game to thank the fans who support the team and helped pay for their scholarships.

Last edited:
You have nailed it.
And don't forget the player who walked out of the stadium in a huff in the middle of a game and was rewarded with more playing time the next week. What example of discipline does that set?

Other posters here like to refer to our players as "kids." Well, these "kids" (and we really only positively know the identity of a few of them are because the famous Tweet was cowardly unsigned) who have only been on campus a short time have alienated a lot of folks who love our University.

And Herman has encouraged them. He was afraid, or too WOKE, to even require them to have the courtesy to the fans, who supported them and helped pay for their scholarships, to remain for a few minutes after the game.

^^^^^^^
THIS !

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
You have nailed it.

And Herman has encouraged them. He was afraid, or too WOKE, to even require them to have the courtesy to the fans, who supported them and helped pay for their scholarships, to remain for a few minutes after the game.
Agreed. Staying after the game to show your support to the band and to the fans is a staple at this university and has been long before I was around. It's the band that helps create the atmosphere. It's the fans that pay your scholarship.

The least you can do is show them some appreciation.

How much is Herman buyout? 25 million or 15?

It's closer to 25 with assistants. He has good assistants. He is an asshat. Herman is learning on the job. Texas is not a place for learning on the job. Everyone take a deep breath. You might start watching the basketball team. They are ranked #4 in Kenpom. Only, don't set your expectations high regarding half court offense. Shaka still doesn't know how to coach it.

It's closer to 25 with assistants. He has good assistants. He is an asshat. Herman is learning on the job. Texas is not a place for learning on the job. Everyone take a deep breath. You might start watching the basketball team. They are ranked #4 in Kenpom. Only, don't set your expectations high regarding half court offense. Shaka still doesn't know how to coach it.

agree on shaka, but what i saw against villanova was at least BETTER. initiating with a drag to the wing seemed to open things up a LITTLE more

All of those things matter. But some would lead you to believe that only winning matters and what you believe in the EOT doesn't mean you can tackle or not. People that say this have either never been a leader of program, or have never been the leader of a successful program.

It all matters.

Exactly. Players do not play as hard as they do for Nick Saban because he passes out ice cream sundaes after practice.

I'll say this again. Those players had tears in their eyes singing Texas Fight after the KSU game. It was more of the same when we beat OSU in October. These kids don't hate their school.

I've stated on here many times in the last week that the EoT issue has to be resolved as soon as the season is over. Look for better or worse coach Herman is coming back next year. Fanatic perspective hit the nail on the head yesterday. I would like to see coach Herman take the lead in revolving this issue with all sides that are involved in this. I want him to help reach a consensus on this that will satisfy everyone.

Maybe then we can have some peace with the EoT.

I'll say this again. Those players had tears in their eyes singing Texas Fight after the KSU game. It was more of the same when we beat OSU in October. These kids don't hate their school.

I've stated on here many times in the last week that the EoT issue has to be resolved as soon as the season is over. Look for better or worse coach Herman is coming back next year. Fanatic perspective hit the nail on the head yesterday. I would like to see coach Herman take the lead in revolving this issue with all sides that are involved in this. I want him to help reach a consensus on this that will satisfy everyone.

Dream on. The liberal AA professors and the "kids" have poisoned the well concerning the Eyes no matter what the Hartzell Committee says.
Moreover, I didn't hear the Eyes of Texas after the K St. game. That song is the issue because it's our Alma mater. I doubt a Sabin team would cry after crushing such a weak opponent as K St.

Last edited:

In the words of the great Ronald Reagan: "What is there to negotiate?"

Dream on. The liberal AA profs and the "kids" have poisoned the well concerning the Eyes no matter what the Hartzell Committee says.
Moreover, I didn't hear the Eyes of Texas after the K St. game. That song is the issue because it's our Alma mater.

The time for extremism be it liberal or conservative is over and should have been long ago. The time for no compromising is over. We need a voice of reason in this and pronto.

And you know what? I sure as h*** don't see CDC taking any leadership in this. At all.

There is a good article in hookem.com by Kirk Bohls about Tom Herman. Check it out. You know after reading this I'm beginning to dislike CDC.

Did you risk Covid just to travel to see OSU & K State? Because you surely didn't see the team sing the EOT on a broadcast.

It's about the coach not having control of the team. You ask yourself what programs you would like to resemble.

If UM was our coach, there is no way in hell that a group of players drop an ultimatum on social media.

Did you risk Covid just to travel to see OSU & K State? Because you surely didn't see the team sing the EOT on a broadcast.

It's about the coach not having control of the team. You ask yourself what programs you would like to resemble.

If UM was our coach, there is no way in hell that a group of players drop an ultimatum on social media.
^ This. I tune in on Saturdays to root for my alma mater’s football team. A team that has signed up to engage in competition against opponents in return for a first-class education (depending on the major). I don’t tune in on Saturdays to watch liberal arts students taking an elective course in football.

Last edited:
Reactions: freeper
Ain’t nothing wrong with CDC!!! Kirk on the other hand is an asshat!!!

Yes there is something wrong with him. Did you read the article? Why would Bohls lie? He's closer to the story than we are. And if CDC says nothing and letting the bmd run than it's clear to me at least than he's not the one making the final decision. He gets paid $2 mil to be the one making the final decision.

Yes there is something wrong with him. Did you read the article? Why would Bohls lie? He's closer to the story than we are. And if CDC says nothing and letting the bmd run than it's clear to me at least than he's not the one making the final decision. He gets paid $2 mil to be the one making the final decision.
Why would bohls lie......bahahahahahah!

Did you read the article?

That is an editorial by Skip Bayless Lite. He thinks that CDC has egg on his face because he couldn't convince a guy with an inoperable brain cyst to come out of retirement and some how owes TH an explanation about his job status. I would think the fact that CDC is actively looking for a replacement should be a fairly good indicator of his opinion of TH.

There is nothing in that article about BMDs bossing CDC around.

CDC works for President Hartzell. If Hartzell tells CDC to do something, CDC does it. TH works for CDC, If CDC tells TH to do something, TH doesn't do it because he doesn't want any of the players to be mad at him. Then CDC has to go tell the players himself, because Hartzell told him to make sure it gets done and Tommy's a little biatch.

Now CDC is done with Tommy and wants to move on to something better. Therefore, he is trying to leverage BMDs to help him remove the source of the cancer.

The BMD's are all aligned. Tommy is history. If UM isn't coming, they may wait until after all of the CFB games are over to make their move on a replacement coach.

The BMD's are all aligned. Tommy is history. If UM isn't coming, they may wait until after all of the CFB games are over to make their move on a replacement coach.

Whether it's totally his fault or not, Herman is damaged goods at UT.

I've digressed and I take some responsibility for that. Let me go back to the first thing I said. We have to resolve the EoT issue. Who or what can be done that can bring all sides together? And can they can resolve it to where all sides are satisfied?

And as I posted earlier I have no use for extremism on either side of the political isle. And to be uncompromising is no good either.

Coach Herman did not do a good job handling the EoT issue. But maybe he can help resolve it. If he plays a positive role maybe that can help mend fences with at least some BMD. He has to make nice with them and its more than just the EoT. He has to start returning phone calls. He has to let them come to the practices and be friendly when they do. Wth let them ride on the golf cart and tell them what the first play of the game will be so they can brag to their friends. Hell let them talk to the players. A lot of hardened business executives would be happy to get the chance to talk to the players. He can't give them a stiff arm it doesn't work that way it never has.

Look these guys contribute a lot of money to the school you can't ignore them. And it has always been like that in college athletics. And don't think for a minute that Urban Meyer didn't have to do this when he was at FL or tOSU. Start mending fences with the former players. In other words stop being arrogant coach Herman.

There might be a silver lining in all this if he stays. We could on the verge of a breakthrough. Ever since the OSU game we have played better every game. We are starting to build an identity on both sides of the ball. This might be a good thing.

We've all been frustrated with our ol the last 2 years especially this year. Derek Kerstetter has driven us all crazy but here's something you didn't know the kid has played with a fractured ankle all season and finally it broke completely. After Cosmi quit on us he got moved to rt and Christian Jones went to lt. DK was not playing well before his injury. But when he went down CJ went back to his natural position and in came Andrej Karac at lt. The kid kicked some butt. And CJ played great at his natural spot. But best of all was the play of Jake Majors at center this kid is a winner. Now all of a sudden there's no missed assignments, no false starts. We have 3 freshman now in the ol. We maybe set for the next 2 years at those slots. Maybe we will have a good ol next year could be our best in a long time. Get this bunch blocking for BR and RJ and we could be awesome. I mean we only had 3 seniors starting this year. Coach Herman got off to a late start in 2017 and were coming off the CS era and he couldn't catch up. We were only ranked 25th that year and it showed in 2020.

Maybe I'm a glass is half full kind of guy when it comes to fb. But I want everything to be resolved on and off the field. If I'm guilty of anything it's trying to be a voice of reason.

HookemHorns

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT