ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman

Did you risk Covid just to travel to see OSU & K State? Because you surely didn't see the team sing the EOT on a broadcast.

It's about the coach not having control of the team. You ask yourself what programs you would like to resemble.

If UM was our coach, there is no way in hell that a group of players drop an ultimatum on social media.
^ This. I tune in on Saturdays to root for my alma mater’s football team. A team that has signed up to engage in competition against opponents in return for a first-class education (depending on the major). I don’t tune in on Saturdays to watch liberal arts students taking an elective course in football.

Last edited:
Reactions: freeper
Ain’t nothing wrong with CDC!!! Kirk on the other hand is an asshat!!!

Yes there is something wrong with him. Did you read the article? Why would Bohls lie? He's closer to the story than we are. And if CDC says nothing and letting the bmd run than it's clear to me at least than he's not the one making the final decision. He gets paid $2 mil to be the one making the final decision.

Yes there is something wrong with him. Did you read the article? Why would Bohls lie? He's closer to the story than we are. And if CDC says nothing and letting the bmd run than it's clear to me at least than he's not the one making the final decision. He gets paid $2 mil to be the one making the final decision.
Why would bohls lie......bahahahahahah!

Did you read the article?

That is an editorial by Skip Bayless Lite. He thinks that CDC has egg on his face because he couldn't convince a guy with an inoperable brain cyst to come out of retirement and some how owes TH an explanation about his job status. I would think the fact that CDC is actively looking for a replacement should be a fairly good indicator of his opinion of TH.

There is nothing in that article about BMDs bossing CDC around.

CDC works for President Hartzell. If Hartzell tells CDC to do something, CDC does it. TH works for CDC, If CDC tells TH to do something, TH doesn't do it because he doesn't want any of the players to be mad at him. Then CDC has to go tell the players himself, because Hartzell told him to make sure it gets done and Tommy's a little biatch.

Now CDC is done with Tommy and wants to move on to something better. Therefore, he is trying to leverage BMDs to help him remove the source of the cancer.

The BMD's are all aligned. Tommy is history. If UM isn't coming, they may wait until after all of the CFB games are over to make their move on a replacement coach.

The BMD's are all aligned. Tommy is history. If UM isn't coming, they may wait until after all of the CFB games are over to make their move on a replacement coach.

Whether it's totally his fault or not, Herman is damaged goods at UT.

I've digressed and I take some responsibility for that. Let me go back to the first thing I said. We have to resolve the EoT issue. Who or what can be done that can bring all sides together? And can they can resolve it to where all sides are satisfied?

And as I posted earlier I have no use for extremism on either side of the political isle. And to be uncompromising is no good either.

Coach Herman did not do a good job handling the EoT issue. But maybe he can help resolve it. If he plays a positive role maybe that can help mend fences with at least some BMD. He has to make nice with them and its more than just the EoT. He has to start returning phone calls. He has to let them come to the practices and be friendly when they do. Wth let them ride on the golf cart and tell them what the first play of the game will be so they can brag to their friends. Hell let them talk to the players. A lot of hardened business executives would be happy to get the chance to talk to the players. He can't give them a stiff arm it doesn't work that way it never has.

Look these guys contribute a lot of money to the school you can't ignore them. And it has always been like that in college athletics. And don't think for a minute that Urban Meyer didn't have to do this when he was at FL or tOSU. Start mending fences with the former players. In other words stop being arrogant coach Herman.

There might be a silver lining in all this if he stays. We could on the verge of a breakthrough. Ever since the OSU game we have played better every game. We are starting to build an identity on both sides of the ball. This might be a good thing.

We've all been frustrated with our ol the last 2 years especially this year. Derek Kerstetter has driven us all crazy but here's something you didn't know the kid has played with a fractured ankle all season and finally it broke completely. After Cosmi quit on us he got moved to rt and Christian Jones went to lt. DK was not playing well before his injury. But when he went down CJ went back to his natural position and in came Andrej Karac at lt. The kid kicked some butt. And CJ played great at his natural spot. But best of all was the play of Jake Majors at center this kid is a winner. Now all of a sudden there's no missed assignments, no false starts. We have 3 freshman now in the ol. We maybe set for the next 2 years at those slots. Maybe we will have a good ol next year could be our best in a long time. Get this bunch blocking for BR and RJ and we could be awesome. I mean we only had 3 seniors starting this year. Coach Herman got off to a late start in 2017 and were coming off the CS era and he couldn't catch up. We were only ranked 25th that year and it showed in 2020.

Maybe I'm a glass is half full kind of guy when it comes to fb. But I want everything to be resolved on and off the field. If I'm guilty of anything it's trying to be a voice of reason.

HookemHorns

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2
EoT has been resolved. The players were told to stay on the field for the Eyes, end of discussion. It needs to be communicated to every recruit that comes here so they what will be expected.

Matt cambell is a total douche bag. He only wants the notre dame job? I dont think anyone at texas wanted him. His record is not good. Why come out and call texas a rebuild? I want the dirt burglars to kick their assess. Texas has players he couldn't recruit. Their average is better than ND.

I'm not going to hate on a guy that knows what job he wants and isn't afraid to state it. He is def on the rise and he doesn't mind speaking his mind.
I'm don't think he is ready for the Texas job, but I'm not mad at him.

I've digressed and I take some responsibility for that. Let me go back to the first thing I said. We have to resolve the EoT issue. Who or what can be done that can bring all sides together? And can they can resolve it to where all sides are satisfied?

And as I posted earlier I have no use for extremism on either side of the political isle. And to be uncompromising is no good either.

Coach Herman did not do a good job handling the EoT issue. But maybe he can help resolve it. If he plays a positive role maybe that can help mend fences with at least some BMD. He has to make nice with them and its more than just the EoT. He has to start returning phone calls. He has to let them come to the practices and be friendly when they do. Wth let them ride on the golf cart and tell them what the first play of the game will be so they can brag to their friends. Hell let them talk to the players. A lot of hardened business executives would be happy to get the chance to talk to the players. He can't give them a stiff arm it doesn't work that way it never has.

Look these guys contribute a lot of money to the school you can't ignore them. And it has always been like that in college athletics. And don't think for a minute that Urban Meyer didn't have to do this when he was at FL or tOSU. Start mending fences with the former players. In other words stop being arrogant coach Herman.

There might be a silver lining in all this if he stays. We could on the verge of a breakthrough. Ever since the OSU game we have played better every game. We are starting to build an identity on both sides of the ball. This might be a good thing.

We've all been frustrated with our ol the last 2 years especially this year. Derek Kerstetter has driven us all crazy but here's something you didn't know the kid has played with a fractured ankle all season and finally it broke completely. After Cosmi quit on us he got moved to rt and Christian Jones went to lt. DK was not playing well before his injury. But when he went down CJ went back to his natural position and in came Andrej Karac at lt. The kid kicked some butt. And CJ played great at his natural spot. But best of all was the play of Jake Majors at center this kid is a winner. Now all of a sudden there's no missed assignments, no false starts. We have 3 freshman now in the ol. We maybe set for the next 2 years at those slots. Maybe we will have a good ol next year could be our best in a long time. Get this bunch blocking for BR and RJ and we could be awesome. I mean we only had 3 seniors starting this year. Coach Herman got off to a late start in 2017 and were coming off the CS era and he couldn't catch up. We were only ranked 25th that year and it showed in 2020.

Maybe I'm a glass is half full kind of guy when it comes to fb. But I want everything to be resolved on and off the field. If I'm guilty of anything it's trying to be a voice of reason.

HookemHorns
Here's how it went down, Cali.

The AD sent a memo out to all head coaches telling them what he expected the Texas teams to do at the end of each athletic event.

Stand.
Horns up.
Singing was optional.

Period. Full stop.

When the football team didn't do it, Tommy tried to say that he told his kids to do this, but it turns out that he didn't "quite" communicate ALL those instructions to the kids.

He caved to the kids. Some kids said that Tommy wasn't exactly clear in his instructions.

Because of the Twitter post showing Sam standing alone after the OU game during the EoT--- that image alone made several big boosters withdraw their pledges to help finish the stadium updates. I'm told that some 30+ million in donations were withdrawn.
So CDC is forced to go down to the locker room and basically lay it out to the kids.
Stand for the Eyes or get the fvck out.

Having to do Tom's job for him is not CDC's responsibility.

This was the beginning of the end for Tom. Iowa State was the nail in the coffin.

Clob to hear you say it was the "nail in the coffin" made me smile. He needs to move on.

Clob to hear you say it was the "nail in the coffin" made me smile. He needs to move on.
Look--- he simply can't return. He's been undermined from an authority standpoint by his own doing. When the AD has to do your fvcking job for you-- you've got zero clout left.

If he is brought back, his duties will be limited to standing on the sidelines and clapping.

Look--- he simply can't return. He's been undermined from an authority standpoint by his own doing. When the AD has to do your fvcking job for you-- you've got zero clout left.

If he is brought back, his duties will be limited to standing on the sidelines and clapping.

So he would be Jason Garrett ;)

I can't see CDC bringing him back. I agree with you. I've stated that a few times. He would rather take sh%t for one he hired and not someone elses hire. I hope it happens this weekend but I know that if CDC has his eye on a coach that has playoff hopes the firing will happen after early signing period. I can't hope Texas takes an L, but with a loss this weekend everyone will call for his head. That's what put Charlie over the edge.

Clob, do you have a personal favorite that you think would work well here that would come here? I honestly wasn't a Herman guy when they hired him. I will admit I was a Shaka Smart guy and that hasn't worked out well. Maybe this year is different.

Here's how it went down, Cali.

The AD sent a memo out to all head coaches telling them what he expected the Texas teams to do at the end of each athletic event.

Stand.
Horns up.
Singing was optional.

Period. Full stop.

When the football team didn't do it, Tommy tried to say that he told his kids to do this, but it turns out that he didn't "quite" communicate ALL those instructions to the kids.

He caved to the kids. Some kids said that Tommy wasn't exactly clear in his instructions.

Because of the Twitter post showing Sam standing alone after the OU game during the EoT--- that image alone made several big boosters withdraw their pledges to help finish the stadium updates. I'm told that some 30+ million in donations were withdrawn.
So CDC is forced to go down to the locker room and basically lay it out to the kids.
Stand for the Eyes or get the fvck out.

Having to do Tom's job for him is not CDC's responsibility.

This was the beginning of the end for Tom. Iowa State was the nail in the coffin.

Well there's more to it than that. What about the LHBlacks, actually the entire LHB, who won't play the EoT? What about the black people of the Longhorn nation whose anger has been simmering for a long, long, time. It isn't just the black fb players in this issue. This is far from over.

Well there's more to it than that. What about the LHBlacks, actually the entire LHB, who won't play the EoT? What about the black people of the Longhorn nation whose anger has been simmering for a long, long, time. It isn't just the black fb players in this issue. This is far from over.

There is nothing racist about The Eyes! It's these woke SJWs trying to create divisiveness and demand things that are absurd. They all knew about The Eyes BEFORE they got to Austin and they didn't have a problem with it then. Now they are told to be offended by it and other ridiculous nonsense that is "racist" or "offensive" in their eyes. If they don't want to show respect for one of the best traditions in CFB and sing the song proudly, then they should leave UT. It's just down right disrespectful. If no one stands up to these SJWs, their outrageous demands will continue. Enough is enough!

Then they need to find another school to go to. Seriously, if you are so mad about the Eyes why are you going to school here? There are many other Universities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT