ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman

Look I'm thinking that a change needs to be made. But firing a coach after finishing ranked at 20th? Of course I'm not happy that we didn't win the Big XII this year and I'm frustrated that we haven't won more titles. But firing a coach after finishing 20th could play a part in some high profile not wanting to come here. Now I understand what UM meant the other day when he said that some fans are out of their minds. He wasn't just talking about our fans he was speaking from personal experience.
Finishing 20th in a year that was supposed to be THE YEAR is a failure when you want to be compared to AL, OH St, and Clemson. If we compare ourselves to the MNs, Ok States, Indianas of the world, then it was a great season.
I want a coach whose gonads are bigger than your head. That coach won't give a damn who, why, or under what circumstances we fired the predecessor. If he does care, we've got the wrong guy.
I've never gone into my next role worried about why the prior guy was terminated. I've only gone in thinking "l can't wait to start and make my mark."

So then why did texas hire an alcoholic drug user? if the information is out there for anyone to find, why did they still hire him?

"a history of embarrassing moments" this is true, but doesn't imply alcoholism nor drug use.
Because the big money donors that were in love with Herman and drove the bus for his hiring him overlooked serious flaws in the idea of Tom Herman

You have already lied on this thread in an attempt to create your narrative of the situation with this football team.

Let's talk about facts.

You have no idea how the players behaved during the EOT after the Okie State or Kansas State games.

I never lied about anything you moron. I was talking about Texas Fight which btw is every bit as much a part of tradition as the EoT.

I'm aware, that's why I said "texas" (Admin, AD, BMD).

Yea i saw, Just saying to the others that are throwing around alcoholism and drug user and tying it to TH. I want TH fired, i don't like his interviews, wasn't a fan since his antics on the sidelines against mizzu but I'm not going to accuse the man of alcoholism nor drug use just cause I don't like him AS A HC (don't know him personally).
People look the other way when they think they are getting what they want. They overlook lots of flaws in people.

Want proof?

Our current Vice President elect used to orally and sexually service a powerful Mayor in San Francisco named Willie Brown. For her efforts, Willie advanced her career by appointing her to political positions. This is how she got her start(s) in politics.
Millions of Americans overlooked the fact that they voted for a woman who used to lock black non-violent drug users (weed) up at a record pace, while admitting to smoking weed herself on numerous occasions.
So if Americans will overlook a pole smoking trollup and vote her in to help lead a country, administrators will overlook Tom's indiscretions if they believe he will help them win.

It's not about 20th. It's about not playing in a Conf championship game in one of the weakest conferences when this was your year. THEN only playing inspired once you were out of the picture. This is about the recruiting class falling apart. What recruits are beginning to say. This is about every major talking head out there roasting your coach on the regs. This is about you not doing what your AD told you to do and embarrassing the president and AD. Then the AD going and doing your job when you're paid more than him. Everyone knows there is a major issue at Texas.
It is about not developing players to help them achieve their goals at the next level. 4 years in and recruits do not believe that Texas will help them get to the next level. That is why Mack failed. That is why Strong failed.

One last thing. Matt Campbell is this year's Matt Rhule. However, his team is more well rounded than Rhule's team is because they have a better offense. I'm convinced we are a double digit margin better than ISU and for that matter so is OK. But neither team could put them away when they had the chance. What they are is the Big XII best coached team.

And don't forget Matt Campbell hasn't just beaten TX twice he's beaten OK twice as well and they were a 2point conversation from beating them last year. As long as ISU doesn't play tight and by that don't think about their history they should beat OK.

I never lied about anything you moron. I was talking about Texas Fight which btw is every bit as much a part of tradition as the EoT.

Oh. You just misspoke and never corrected yourself. I love how you always have some way of qualifying your erroneous statements after the fact.

In addition, your attributing the behavior of players after one game in which their teammate returned to locker room after a severe injury, to 2 different games. How liberal of you.

If I'm a moron, you would know. You are the resident subject matter expert on how to be moronic.

Oh. You just misspoke and never corrected yourself. I love how you always have some way of qualifying your erroneous statements after the fact.

In addition, your attributing the behavior of players after one game in which their teammate returned to locker room after a severe injury, to 2 different games. How liberal of you.

If I'm a moron, you would know. You are the resident subject matter expert on how to be moronic.
[/QUOTE

I have always posted Texas Fight and never EoT. And there was one of those 10 second videos of them singing in the locker room after OSU.

People look the other way when they think they are getting what they want. They overlook lots of flaws in people.

Want proof?

Our current Vice President elect used to orally and sexually service a powerful Mayor in San Francisco named Willie Brown. For her efforts, Willie advanced her career by appointing her to political positions. This is how she got her start(s) in politics.
Millions of Americans overlooked the fact that they voted for a woman who used to lock black non-violent drug users (weed) up at a record pace, while admitting to smoking weed herself on numerous occasions.
So if Americans will overlook a pole smoking trollup and vote her in to help lead a country, administrators will overlook Tom's indiscretions if they believe he will help them win.

That is not the story Willy Brown/Kamala Harris at all. First of all they were in an open relationship everyone knew about it.

Second she was already an asst da in Alameda County when they started dating and btw she wasn't married at the time. She ended the relationship when he ran for mayor. WB had a history of appointing his inner circle or friends to posts when she vacated one of those posts he appointed one of his friends to replace her.

When she ran for da in '03 her opponents tried to use that against her but it didn't work because there was nothing there in the first place and she was her own person by then. And now 17 years later back comes Willie Brown.

WB is a hedonistic as*hole who wrote some bull*hit op ed editorial about her. The SF political machine is huge so many people from CA elected to state or national office came from there. WB tries to take credit for people that are in office. WB is the Wilt Chamberlain of CA politics. KH got where she is today through her political acumen.

Last edited:
That is not the story Willy Brown/Kamala Harris at all. First of all they were in an open relationship everyone knew about it. Second she was already an asst da in Alameda County when they started dating and btw she wasn't married at the time. WB had a history of appointing his inner circle or friends to posts when she vacated one of those posts he appointed one of his friends to replace her. When she ran for da in '03 her opponents tried to use that but it didn't work because there was nothing there in the first place. And now 17 years later back comes Willie Brown. WB is a hedonistic as*hole who wrote some bull*hit op ed editorial about her. WB Wilt Chamberlain of CA politics. KH got where she is today through her political acumen.
Heels Up Harris ... Super Spreader Harris ... yep, political ‘acumen’

That is not the story Willy Brown/Kamala Harris at all. First of all they were in an open relationship everyone knew about it. Second she was already an asst da in Alameda County when they started dating and btw she wasn't married at the time. WB had a history of appointing his inner circle or friends to posts when she vacated one of those posts he appointed one of his friends to replace her. When she ran for da in '03 her opponents tried to use that but it didn't work because there was nothing there in the first place. And now 17 years later back comes Willie Brown. WB is a hedonistic as*hole who wrote some bull*hit op ed editorial about her. WB Wilt Chamberlain of CA politics. KH got where she is today through her political acumen.

Of course that's not what happened according to your liberal slant. Harris is a piece of trash.

I never believed that TH could screw up more than Charlie Strong, then Tom Says "Hold my beer". Tom was absolutely not ready for a job like this. I still don't think he is a bad coach, but he screwed up way too much to stay. I think they should do a John Mackovic on him and not fire him but rather reassign him and make him quit if he wants to move to another program. Put him in charge of the golf course or something like that. It would be cheaper than paying him 20 million.

Recruits and players are fleeing the program. Something is up. I have a feeling we are about to make a completely underwhelming coaching change. Why? Apparently Matt Campbell has already said no... Matt Campbell would never have been on my list. Looks like we are down the list somewhere in crap territory.

Meanwhile Tech is about to ink Briles. This does not look good.

Of course that's not what happened according to your liberal slant. Harris is a piece of trash.
Liberal/conservative doesn’t matter. She was already well on her way to a political career before her relationship with Willie Brown. That’s just a fact. What side of the isle you live on is irrelevant. Besides most successful people get to where they are because someone gave them a break. Sure they are smart and they work hard, but gotta catch a break and and then too

Look it's so late in the season now. I was talking earlier about a coach being fired after finishing 20th. And no I'm not ok with being 20th or finishing 6/3 far from it.

Then there's all the buyout money involved not just on our side but the next coach as well at least $50 maybe even $60 mil.

Maybe we should just hire within although I don't know who's best suited to be hc right now.

You know if we do that we can go to the next level. Because the talent is there and we are on the verge of something big. A coach who the players already know, not having to start over with a new coach, and a new staff.

Last edited:
Liberal/conservative doesn’t matter. She was already well on her way to a political career before her relationship with Willie Brown. That’s just a fact. What side of the isle you live on is irrelevant. Besides most successful people get to where they are because someone gave them a break. Sure they are smart and they work hard, but gotta catch a break and and then too
There's catching a break, and then there's fellating an old man to get a break. I've never used sex to get a break. And this is exactly what she did. Slant it however you choose--- she (a 28 year old woman) gave sexual favors to a 60 year old man who then made TWO political appoints for her. It's a fact and it's documented and there's no ifs and or buts about it.

There's catching a break, and then there's fellating an old man to get a break. I've never used sex to get a break. And this is exactly what she did. Slant it however you choose--- she (a 28 year old woman) gave sexual favors to a 60 year old man who then made TWO political appoints for her. It's a fact and it's documented and there's no ifs and or buts about it.

They were actually in a relationship.

Sounds like Herman is staying for next year. As much as I dislike the guy it may be the best decision. I think getting coaches to move with some uncertainty about what next season will look like would probably be tough. Why not wait a year and take another run at Urban Meyer. Every coach you can hire now you can hire 365 days form now

Sounds like Herman is staying for next year. As much as I dislike the guy it may be the best decision. I think getting coaches to move with some uncertainty about what next season will look like would probably be tough. Why not wait a year and take another run at Urban Meyer. Every coach you can hire now you can hire 365 days form now
If UM decided not to come this year, he’s not coming next year.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag

Terrible decision. This entire process was a sham. We are looking at a 7-5 season next year at best. And then...well, he broke in a new QB, he needs another year because there aren't any sure fire options out there. Then another 9 win season with a bowl win and see, progress. Herman is figuring it out. Then all the expectations and schedule lining up perfectly only to blow 2-3 games late and another 8 win season.

I'm freaking pumped!!! Bring on the mediocrity!

With our QB situation next year I think we will be lucky to get to 7 wins. Gonna be a shit show next year we might as well go ahead and accept it.
On the other hand I can’t wait to watch Bijan for a full season.

With our QB situation next year I think we will be lucky to get to 7 wins. Gonna be a shit show next year we might as well go ahead and accept it.
On the other hand I can’t wait to watch Bijan for a full season.
Makes no sense to me why Sam wouldn't come back for another year. He's not going to play QB in the league. The covid season doesn't count against eligibility. Why not do one more year in college?

Makes no sense to me why Sam wouldn't come back for another year. He's not going to play QB in the league. The covid season doesn't count against eligibility. Why not do one more year in college?
Grad degree?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT