Tom Herman

Clob to hear you say it was the "nail in the coffin" made me smile. He needs to move on.
Look--- he simply can't return. He's been undermined from an authority standpoint by his own doing. When the AD has to do your fvcking job for you-- you've got zero clout left.

If he is brought back, his duties will be limited to standing on the sidelines and clapping.

Look--- he simply can't return. He's been undermined from an authority standpoint by his own doing. When the AD has to do your fvcking job for you-- you've got zero clout left.

If he is brought back, his duties will be limited to standing on the sidelines and clapping.

So he would be Jason Garrett ;)

I can't see CDC bringing him back. I agree with you. I've stated that a few times. He would rather take sh%t for one he hired and not someone elses hire. I hope it happens this weekend but I know that if CDC has his eye on a coach that has playoff hopes the firing will happen after early signing period. I can't hope Texas takes an L, but with a loss this weekend everyone will call for his head. That's what put Charlie over the edge.

Clob, do you have a personal favorite that you think would work well here that would come here? I honestly wasn't a Herman guy when they hired him. I will admit I was a Shaka Smart guy and that hasn't worked out well. Maybe this year is different.

Here's how it went down, Cali.

The AD sent a memo out to all head coaches telling them what he expected the Texas teams to do at the end of each athletic event.

Stand.
Horns up.
Singing was optional.

Period. Full stop.

When the football team didn't do it, Tommy tried to say that he told his kids to do this, but it turns out that he didn't "quite" communicate ALL those instructions to the kids.

He caved to the kids. Some kids said that Tommy wasn't exactly clear in his instructions.

Because of the Twitter post showing Sam standing alone after the OU game during the EoT--- that image alone made several big boosters withdraw their pledges to help finish the stadium updates. I'm told that some 30+ million in donations were withdrawn.
So CDC is forced to go down to the locker room and basically lay it out to the kids.
Stand for the Eyes or get the fvck out.

Having to do Tom's job for him is not CDC's responsibility.

This was the beginning of the end for Tom. Iowa State was the nail in the coffin.

Well there's more to it than that. What about the LHBlacks, actually the entire LHB, who won't play the EoT? What about the black people of the Longhorn nation whose anger has been simmering for a long, long, time. It isn't just the black fb players in this issue. This is far from over.

Well there's more to it than that. What about the LHBlacks, actually the entire LHB, who won't play the EoT? What about the black people of the Longhorn nation whose anger has been simmering for a long, long, time. It isn't just the black fb players in this issue. This is far from over.

There is nothing racist about The Eyes! It's these woke SJWs trying to create divisiveness and demand things that are absurd. They all knew about The Eyes BEFORE they got to Austin and they didn't have a problem with it then. Now they are told to be offended by it and other ridiculous nonsense that is "racist" or "offensive" in their eyes. If they don't want to show respect for one of the best traditions in CFB and sing the song proudly, then they should leave UT. It's just down right disrespectful. If no one stands up to these SJWs, their outrageous demands will continue. Enough is enough!

Then they need to find another school to go to. Seriously, if you are so mad about the Eyes why are you going to school here? There are many other Universities.

Yes, this is what I said would happen. They will take away his headset. He will have to attend AA meetings and stop all alcohol and drug use. He is actually good at recruiting. His job going forward will be to rebuild recruiting and to resurrect his image. Yurcich gets the offense, 100%. Ash gets the defense, 100%. I really like the defensive staff and view Ash as a possible HC in the future.

I take it you've never been the head of a large organization, firm, or business. In a large, complex organization, managing by consensus is a recipe for disaster. You simply cannot please everyone. The organization will FAIL while you're in the process of appeasing everyone and not paying attention to leading the organization. The leader must make tough decisions based on the information he/she has in front of him/her. Here, we have decades of tradition on our side and, while important to us all, it's not the most important part of TH's job. Winning football games is. TH (and certain of us on this board) has allowed it to become an issue on par with the primary objective: winning games.
Resolving it to satisfy all sides as you desire is not a probable outcome without also destroying the organization.

Last edited:

The Clapper . . . MB and Jason Garrett have both been referred to as The Clapper. Don't know of any others. He could be forging ground here.

Then they need to find another school to go to. Seriously, if you are so mad about the Eyes why are you going to school here? There are many other Universities.

Did you watch the basketball game on LHN last night? It was nauseating. It was so full of SJW puke that I turned it off. You would think that white people were still slave masters. Not that any of us want to be or that we wouldn't change the past if we could, we would, but the SJW crowd is now crowding out the regular alum/fan that just wants to enjoy some sport. I am super stoked that I don't pay for any of this pap anymore. They are digging their own grave at LHN by forcing this stuff down our throats. See espn. I like black people, I like hispanic people (my wife is one), and I like all people unless they start forcing their made up religions on me like the woke/cancel culture bs. I get irritated when I see this crap. It only divides people

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
I take it you've never been the head of a large organization, firm, or business. In a large, complex organization, managing by consensus is a recipe for disaster. You simply cannot please everyone. The organization will FAIL while you're in the process of appeasing everyone and not paying attention to leading the organization. The leader must make tough decisions based on the information he/she has in front of him/her. Here, we have decades of tradition on our side and, while important to us all, it's not the most important part of TH's job. Winning football games is. TH (and certain of us on this board) have allowed it to become an issue on par with the primary objective: winning games.
Resolving it to satisfy all sides as you desire is not a probable outcome without also destroying the organization.

What a great post that describes Leadership in the real world.

Yes, a leader does make the tough decisions that are best for the organization and then, if possible, leads the organization in driving consensus to support the direction he, or she, has determined to be the best course. Consensus is a "nice to have", but not necessarily a "must have" for an organization to succeed. This was certainly a part of my experience.

Yes, a leader does make the tough decisions that are best for the organization and then, if possible, leads the organization in driving consensus to support the direction he, or she, has determined to be the best course. Consensus is a "nice to have", but not necessarily a "must have" for an organization to succeed. This was certainly a part of my experience.
Yes. Thanks for adding depth to my point above. All true based on my direct experience.

Last edited:
I take it you've never been the head of a large organization, firm, or business. In a large, complex organization, managing by consensus is a recipe for disaster. You simply cannot please everyone. The organization will FAIL while you're in the process of appeasing everyone and not paying attention to leading the organization. The leader must make tough decisions based on the information he/she has in front of him/her. Here, we have decades of tradition on our side and, while important to us all, it's not the most important part of TH's job. Winning football games is. TH (and certain of us on this board) have allowed it to become an issue on par with the primary objective: winning games.

It's almost not worth having a large organization. I prefer sub contracting so that I can be lean when needed and change easily when needed.

Reactions: LonghornMM

a coach i worked for, at our first staff meeting, opened the meeting by sitting down and saying "i don't give a sh-- what you've done here in the past-- we're gonna do things the way i want to do them; if i want your opinion, i'll ask for it." i knew right then we'd get along great. what followed was structure, discipline throughout the program, and lots and lots of winning. wasn't the very BEST coach i worked for (close, though) but i enjoyed the mess out of working for him.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
I understand what you're trying to convey-- but here's the issue--

You obviously know who Johns Hopkins is. The medical Center that was named after him is without a doubt one of the Premier medical facilities the world has ever seen. it has been on the forefront of major medical advances since its inception. It has helped save millions if not tens of millions of lives.

Well, turns out Johns Hopkins owned slaves.

So do we shut down the hospital and research Center and not perform the tasks the doctors were brought in to perform?

Or do we recognize that nobody is perfect, but what johns Hopkins stands for is excellence in medicine and allow them to keep pushing forward under the name of Johns Hopkins to make the world a better place....?

I vote the latter.

I also vote the latter for Texas and the band regarding the EOT.

Reactions: EWNHorn
If you want to know the root cause of this issue:

edmund_t_gordon_profile_image.jpeg

If I was TH, I would go Nelson Muntz on this guy.

simmering for a long,long time?...I call bullshit on that. I go so far as to say that no one EVER thought of TEOT as a racist song until they were told this year that it was. Hell's bells....it is a damned far stretch to even think of it that way now. There is much possible racist background to many,many things that nobody ever conceived prior to being told that it must be. Folks are even defacing statues of Abe Lincoln all over the country. Hell, Johns Hopkins OWNED slaves. What will be done about that?

If the KKK ever played a Hank Williams song at a rally would that make him racist?

I understand what you're trying to convey-- but here's the issue--

You obviously know who Johns Hopkins is. The medical Center that was named after him is without a doubt one of the Premier medical facilities the world has ever seen. it has been on the forefront of major medical advances since its inception. It has helped save millions if not tens of millions of lives.

Well, turns out Johns Hopkins owned slaves.

So do we shut down the hospital and research Center and not perform the tasks the doctors were brought in to perform?

Or do we recognize that nobody is perfect, but what johns Hopkins stands for is excellence in medicine and allow them to keep pushing forward under the name of Johns Hopkins to make the world a better place....?

I vote the latter.

I also vote the latter for Texas and the band regarding the EOT.

Clob94 I believe in the bible. In the good book it talks about how David committed adultery with Bathsheba. But David killed Goliath with his slingshot. Children who grow up not going to church know this story. Point being that like JH and David a person's good deeds should be considered more than their bad ones.

I called my son in Houston on Tday. We talked about the EoT. He's more liberal than me imagine that 😃. But he thought that despite it's origins it was ok to sing the EoT he's right it was a different time then. He talked about an article in the NYT where it talked about the saddlebacks? a mostly white organization that has some clout on campus has become diverse since GF and that's is a good thing. I do believe if we build on this there should be a positive future for black members of the Longhorn Nation.

I do believe that black people have some valid issues that need to be addressed. But I'm cool with JW statue and I'm cool with the EoT and I think everyone should be to.

HookemHorns

Last edited:
Uh oh. Now the woke, SJW/PC crowd will want to change the Johns Hopkins name to something else. Idiots. :rolleyes:=)roll
Not even Thomas Jefferson (founding father, President, and principal author of the Declaration of Independence) is immune to the Idiocracy. A Fairfax County, VA school board just voted to change the name of Thomas Jefferson Elementary by a vote of 7-0 against the wishes of over 60% of the elementary school parents who wanted to keep Thomas Jefferson in the school's name. :rolleyes:

The BMD's are all aligned. Tommy is history. If UM isn't coming, they may wait until after all of the CFB games are over to make their move on a replacement coach.
I’ve been skeptical that they would make the move if no Urban Meyer. I’m not now. The fact that CDC won’t comment on Herman is telling. I get it from CDC’s stand point to. He’s probably tired of having to field complaints over a guy he didn’t hire.

Yes, this is what I said would happen. They will take away his headset. He will have to attend AA meetings and stop all alcohol and drug use. He is actually good at recruiting. His job going forward will be to rebuild recruiting and to resurrect his image. Yurcich gets the offense, 100%. Ash gets the defense, 100%. I really like the defensive staff and view Ash as a possible HC in the future.
I’m not near as connected as some of you but is this alcohol and drug thing with Herman real or is it just rumor? If it’s real it seems like UT could let him go without having to fork over the 20 million

I’m not near as connected as some of you but is this alcohol and drug thing with Herman real or is it just rumor? If it’s real it seems like UT could let him go without having to fork over the 20 million

Only if you can prove he has done illegal drugs, or if alcohol has affected his work...losing games isn't enough. Don't want to get a wrongful termination suit thrown back at you.

The Clapper . . . MB and Jason Garrett have both been referred to as The Clapper. Don't know of any others. He could be forging ground here.

Seriously? Did you ever watch Stoops during a game? He was clapping all the time during a game. And most coaches do this. You will use any pretext to attack TH.

Only if you can prove he has done illegal drugs, or if alcohol has affected his work...losing games isn't enough. Don't want to get a wrongful termination suit thrown back at you.

Look that whole story was started by UM former asst coach Zach Smith. As somebody who has been married twice and has friends who have been married twice I'm all to familiar with an ex who will lash out and act like a scumbag rather than act like a man and acknowledge his responsibility in a failed marriage.

The thing is ZS ex, Courtney Smith, has told the truth in this matter nothing has been discredited. But everyone at tOSU has blamed CS because like UT tOSU has fans that are out of touch with fb. How so? Because he was from Ohio and his grandfather was a former hc there. How dare she tell people that a buckeye coach was a bad guy.

Now here is where Tom Herman comes in. His wife Michelle befriended CS when the divorce proceedings started. She gave her money for nursing school and gave her more money to get started again. THEN she informed Urban's wife Shelly and told her everything she did for her.

So here is when Zach Smith took to his twitter account to tell stories of massage parlors, and alcohol. A classic case of blaming the victim and avoiding personal responsibility.

That's why I believe ZS is lying.

Look that whole story was started by UM former asst coach Zach Smith. As somebody who has been married twice and has friends who have been married twice I'm all to familiar with an ex who will lash out and act like a scumbag rather than act like a man and acknowledge his responsibility in a failed marriage.

The thing is ZS ex, Courtney Smith, has told the truth in this matter nothing has been discredited. But everyone at tOSU has blamed CS because like UT tOSU has fans that are out of touch with fb. How so? Because he was from Ohio and his grandfather was a former hc there. How dare she tell people that a buckeye coach was a bad guy.

Now here is where Tom Herman comes in. His wife Michelle befriended CS when the divorce proceedings started. She gave her money for nursing school and gave her more money to get started again. THEN she informed Urban's wife Shelly and told her everything she did for her.

So here is when Zach Smith took to his twitter account to tell stories of massage parlors, and alcohol. A classic case of blaming the victim and avoiding personal responsibility.

That's why I believe ZS is lying.

Smith isn't trustworthy in the slightest, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tom was a philandering drunk with the occasional lust for snorting nose candy off strippers' cracks. To each their own.

Smith isn't trustworthy in the slightest, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tom was a philandering drunk with the occasional lust for snorting nose candy off strippers' cracks. To each their own.

I don't believe that for 1 second. Look people on here don't like coach Herman but people should never use some pretext because they don't like him. Lets be thorough with truth and facts.

Reactions: Texas4040
Well remember ZS kept threatening to drop evidence on TH that would ruin him. We still waiting. I'm not sure about all that stuff and honestly don't care. We all have demons.
I want him gone because I don't think he is the guy and now with all the news out there I don't think he ever could be now.