ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman

dj701919

Nov 20, 2012
I apologize if this is being captured in another thread.

TH has to go now. I don't care about buyouts or whether the next coach is really an improvement.

It had become quite apparent to me that inside the program, the inmates are running the asylum. You can never have that. Even if you're a coach that wants to support your players, you have to have the ability to walk in the room and say, "No. You can't do that"

Additionally, you would have to be very naive to believe that every player on our roster was cool with that ultimatum. Based on the discussion on this board, you can see how strongly people feel about The Eyes of Texas. You don't think that the same feelings might have been present in our locker room.

I wonder how Blake Brockermeyer feels about The Eyes of Texas? Think about that for a second.

TH allowed his players to create an environment where former players were ripping the school on social media. How do you think that played with recruits?

How do you think the ultimatum played with HS coaches and recruit's parents?

All of those things matter. But some would lead you to believe that only winning matters and what you believe in the EOT doesn't mean you can tackle or not. People that say this have either never been a leader of program, or have never been the leader of a successful program.

It all matters.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
I apologize if this is being captured in another thread.

TH has to go now. I don't care about buyouts or whether the next coach is really an improvement.

It had become quite apparent to me that inside the program, the inmates are running the asylum. You can never have that. Even if you're a coach that wants to support your players, you have to have the ability to walk in the room and say, "No. You can't do that"

Additionally, you would have to be very naive to believe that every player on our roster was cool with that ultimatum. Based on the discussion on this board, you can see how strongly people feel about The Eyes of Texas. You don't think that the same feelings might have been present in our locker room.

I wonder how Blake Brockermeyer feels about The Eyes of Texas? Think about that for a second.

TH allowed his players to create an environment where former players were ripping the school on social media. How do you think that played with recruits?

How do you think the ultimatum played with HS coaches and recruit's parents?

You have nailed it.
And don't forget the player who walked out of the stadium in a huff in the middle of a game and was rewarded with more playing time the next week. What example of discipline does that set?

Other posters here like to refer to our players as "kids." Well, these "kids" (and we really only positively know the identity of a few of them are because the famous Tweet was cowardly unsigned) who have only been on campus a short time have alienated a lot of folks who love our University.

And Herman has encouraged them. He was afraid, or too WOKE, to even require them to have the courtesy to remain for a few minutes after the game to thank the fans who support the team and helped pay for their scholarships.

Last edited:
You have nailed it.
And don't forget the player who walked out of the stadium in a huff in the middle of a game and was rewarded with more playing time the next week. What example of discipline does that set?

Other posters here like to refer to our players as "kids." Well, these "kids" (and we really only positively know the identity of a few of them are because the famous Tweet was cowardly unsigned) who have only been on campus a short time have alienated a lot of folks who love our University.

And Herman has encouraged them. He was afraid, or too WOKE, to even require them to have the courtesy to the fans, who supported them and helped pay for their scholarships, to remain for a few minutes after the game.

^^^^^^^
THIS !

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
You have nailed it.

And Herman has encouraged them. He was afraid, or too WOKE, to even require them to have the courtesy to the fans, who supported them and helped pay for their scholarships, to remain for a few minutes after the game.
Agreed. Staying after the game to show your support to the band and to the fans is a staple at this university and has been long before I was around. It's the band that helps create the atmosphere. It's the fans that pay your scholarship.

The least you can do is show them some appreciation.

How much is Herman buyout? 25 million or 15?

It's closer to 25 with assistants. He has good assistants. He is an asshat. Herman is learning on the job. Texas is not a place for learning on the job. Everyone take a deep breath. You might start watching the basketball team. They are ranked #4 in Kenpom. Only, don't set your expectations high regarding half court offense. Shaka still doesn't know how to coach it.

It's closer to 25 with assistants. He has good assistants. He is an asshat. Herman is learning on the job. Texas is not a place for learning on the job. Everyone take a deep breath. You might start watching the basketball team. They are ranked #4 in Kenpom. Only, don't set your expectations high regarding half court offense. Shaka still doesn't know how to coach it.

agree on shaka, but what i saw against villanova was at least BETTER. initiating with a drag to the wing seemed to open things up a LITTLE more

All of those things matter. But some would lead you to believe that only winning matters and what you believe in the EOT doesn't mean you can tackle or not. People that say this have either never been a leader of program, or have never been the leader of a successful program.

It all matters.

Exactly. Players do not play as hard as they do for Nick Saban because he passes out ice cream sundaes after practice.

I'll say this again. Those players had tears in their eyes singing Texas Fight after the KSU game. It was more of the same when we beat OSU in October. These kids don't hate their school.

I've stated on here many times in the last week that the EoT issue has to be resolved as soon as the season is over. Look for better or worse coach Herman is coming back next year. Fanatic perspective hit the nail on the head yesterday. I would like to see coach Herman take the lead in revolving this issue with all sides that are involved in this. I want him to help reach a consensus on this that will satisfy everyone.

Maybe then we can have some peace with the EoT.

I'll say this again. Those players had tears in their eyes singing Texas Fight after the KSU game. It was more of the same when we beat OSU in October. These kids don't hate their school.

I've stated on here many times in the last week that the EoT issue has to be resolved as soon as the season is over. Look for better or worse coach Herman is coming back next year. Fanatic perspective hit the nail on the head yesterday. I would like to see coach Herman take the lead in revolving this issue with all sides that are involved in this. I want him to help reach a consensus on this that will satisfy everyone.

Dream on. The liberal AA professors and the "kids" have poisoned the well concerning the Eyes no matter what the Hartzell Committee says.
Moreover, I didn't hear the Eyes of Texas after the K St. game. That song is the issue because it's our Alma mater. I doubt a Sabin team would cry after crushing such a weak opponent as K St.

Last edited:

In the words of the great Ronald Reagan: "What is there to negotiate?"

Dream on. The liberal AA profs and the "kids" have poisoned the well concerning the Eyes no matter what the Hartzell Committee says.
Moreover, I didn't hear the Eyes of Texas after the K St. game. That song is the issue because it's our Alma mater.

The time for extremism be it liberal or conservative is over and should have been long ago. The time for no compromising is over. We need a voice of reason in this and pronto.

And you know what? I sure as h*** don't see CDC taking any leadership in this. At all.

There is a good article in hookem.com by Kirk Bohls about Tom Herman. Check it out. You know after reading this I'm beginning to dislike CDC.

Did you risk Covid just to travel to see OSU & K State? Because you surely didn't see the team sing the EOT on a broadcast.

It's about the coach not having control of the team. You ask yourself what programs you would like to resemble.

If UM was our coach, there is no way in hell that a group of players drop an ultimatum on social media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT