ADVERTISEMENT

Tom is having trouble..... And he says so

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Herman is trying to stop the negativeness.

The media wrote some stories about how some players are unhappy.
Herman didn't believe it was accurate and was based on hearsay so he called the media out and said it was irresponsible.
The media is now offended that Herman insulted them and don't want their readers to think they are printing things that are not correct. So they write another story to claim Herman is just covering.

I believe the truth, as always, lies somewhere in the middle.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/p...ation-texas-longhorns-transfers-decommitments

When there's no issues in the locker room, coaches don't talk about things like this. They don't talk about it because it can become toxic. The mere mention of it suggests there is someone, somewhere in the locker room that is a catalyst. Then he throws a jab a the media--

This must be managed properly.

I agree. Usually where there's smoke, there's fire. Things aren't all rosy. I wish that they were. The transfers, decommitments and other rumors are very concerning.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I agree. Usually where there's smoke, there's fire. Things aren't all rosy. I wish that they were. The transfers, decommitments and other rumors are very concerning.

Of course it's not rosy. They have lost three games and looked bad in most wins. Some are surely pissed, which is understandable. I'm curious of what is going on with the decommits as well. Seems like there is someone getting in those guys ears.

Of course it's not rosy. They have lost three games and looked bad in most wins. Some are surely pissed, which is understandable. I'm curious of what is going on with the decommits as well. Seems like there is someone getting in those guys ears.

Its the Damn Mensa! Both Herman and Charley lucked out at the other Uni's before they came here, at Louisville CS had a team in place and at Florida the same. Herman had a team in place at Houston and and now Charlie couldn't build over there, and Herman's failing to build one here, we need to leave these damn 1 timer coaches alone, we done got hit by 2 Wonderers, we need no more..

Last edited:
Reactions: henric4
Wonder how big of an impact losing Rashaad Samples to SMU is? He was instrumental in getting some of those DFW kids on board and now that he isn't there some of those kids are backing off. In the end, winning cures all ailments

Its the Damn Mensa! Both Herman and Charley lucked out at the other Uni's before they came here, at Louisville CS had a team in place and at Florida the same. Herman had a team in place at Houston and and now Charlie couldn't build over there, and Herman's failing to build one here, we need to leave these damn 1 timer coaches alone, we done got hit by 2 Wonderers, we need no more..

Herman hasn't failed yet.

I think it’s more on the coaching staffs player development. We are getting some really good recruiting classes and we should not be regressing like we have this year. There is still a chance to save this season and hopefully Tom can do just that and save this years recruiting class.

if I told you that Bama and LSU had more decommits this year would you believe me?

Reactions: q1w2e3
I don't get excited about commits from 2021. I would guess it's rare that schools keep more than 75% of their early recruits. It just opens up another spot for another player we can target. I also think it cuts both ways...if we end up winning out the rest of the season and those same de-commits decide they want to come back I would tell them to get lost.

What an oxymoronic demonstration....these kids go out of their way to publicize their "commitment" to the entire universe only to later de-commit and demand that we respect their decision. They clearly don't comprehend the concept of a commitment. Non-binding or not.

I think I've already stated why I think Texas is having issues with transfers and decommits. Winning cures a lot of things, and can do so quickly. Let's hope that Texas wins out closes strong on the recruiting front.
What transfers and/or decommits have anything to do with losing?

Lots of people overblowing things here.

I tend to agree with Herman here, this seems like a team that is sticking together behind the scenes. I haven't seen any actions that make me think otherwise. Just message board rumors.

And their isn't some major issue with transfers or decommits.
- Javonne Shephard - no need to explain this one. Perhaps that only mistake was recruiting the kid in the first place
- Jordan Pouncey - recruited over and not seeing the field. Playing away from home state of Florida.

- Joshua Eaton, Princely Umanmielen - Both were commits that always seemed soft to begin with and neither are major losses to the class. The on field results are factoring in to a degree.

- Ethan Pouncey - see above regarding his brother. They likely land at the same destination.

- Quaydarius Davis - His strongest connection to Texas was Rashaad Samples who is now at SMU. SMU is hot right now and Texas is not so much.

Things are not great right now but they also aren't terrible.

Haven't heard much from/about Jake Smith the last few games. Is he hurt, redshirting, transferring?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT