ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight in the NBA

Skinny guys that are (or will be) injury prone.

Props to Cali for keeping this Board alive until September!

There's no question that Wemby won this matchup. Outscored him 28/23 out rebounded him 13/7 and blocked 5 shots. Mostly in the 4th quarter he just took over. Helluva game.

Reactions: diadevic
Wemby will finish out his Spurs rookie contract and then bounce to a contender.

Wemby vs Holmgren tonight. It's the end of the season for the Spurs let's see if they can finish strong. Shai Alexander is back for OKC and he's certain to win the MVP this year. Holmgren can be a great player but he has to gain weight and get stronger. Should be a fun matchup.

Well Wemby did play tonight against against the great Jokic. And what a game it was Wemby had a great game and so did Jokic. But the Spurs came from 18 points behind in the middle of third quarter and they still won. But this time Wemby won his head to head matchup against the greatest player in the NBA.

Wemby, joker, and Holmgren, these guys are going to revitalize the center position in the NBA.

Skinny guys that are (or will be) injury prone.

Props to Cali for keeping this Board alive until September!
Wow! LeBron showed me he still has the whole game. 28 points 17 rebounds, and 11 assists. The Lakers just flat out embarrassed the pelicans in their own building and on national tv. The pelicans had win 4 in a row and we're shooting lights out.

From a Sacramento standpoint why didn't they play like that against us I mean they killed the Kings this year. Zion Williamson was not the overweight and lazy player that he is. Against us he plays like Kareem James you know what I mean?

I can't believe Minnesota didn't show up at home when there was so much at stake. Is Boston really that good I'm not sure.

I think Shai Gilgeous Alexander should be the MVP. I think Wemby should be first team all NBA.

I watched it very funny. Inside the NBA is the best show in sports. It's better than anything in football, baseball, everything. You never know what they're going to say.

Reactions: diadevic
TNT could lose the NBA to NBC. Look ESPN probably has at least 25 pre game post game shoes. But the the NBA on TNT is better then all of them. Speaking for me these guys keep it real the other shows don't. The last things I want to see is that corporate kiss ass Costas on tv.

Is anyone watching the Knicks in the playoffs? I always thought they were a dull team but for the first time I'm enjoying them. And Jalen Brunson is of the hook. They've drafted 3 players from Villanovas NC teams and it's showing.

And how about Minnesota? They've been lousy since they joined the NBA but it appears they're going to sweep the defending champions. I can't remember the last time I saw an NBA defense this athletic. They played a swarming defense Nikola constantly had two defenders on him.

I think OKC will beat Dallas without trouble.

Boston/Cleveland is almost a waste of time.

However this @outhereincali taking so I'll probably miss one lol.

Is anyone watching the Knicks in the playoffs? I always thought they were a dull team but for the first time I'm enjoying them. And Jalen Brunson is of the hook. They've drafted 3 players from Villanovas NC teams and it's showing.

And how about Minnesota? They've been lousy since they joined the NBA but it appears they're going to sweep the defending champions. I can't remember the last time I saw an NBA defense this athletic. They played a swarming defense Nikola constantly had two defenders on him.

We are seeing the emergence of the next wave of great teams. OKC and Minnesota are young, athletic and taking the next step up. OKS is so much faster and more athletic than Dallas. That will be a 4-1 series, at best for the Mavs.

We are seeing the emergence of the next wave of great teams. OKC and Minnesota are young, athletic and taking the next step up. OKS is so much faster and more athletic than Dallas. That will be a 4-1 series, at best for the Mavs.
Man if they build a team around Wemby there's no telling how great the Spurs will be.

Man if they build a team around Wemby there's no telling how great the Spurs will be.
Wemby will be gone after his rookie contract is up. Spurs don't have the juice they used to have.
The only thing that could save them is if they pull another miracle out of the hat and get the 1st pick of the draft again-- like they did in 1998 when they got Duncan and already had David Robinson. That draft catapulted the Spurs from a 50 win a year playoff team, to a dynasty.
Couple that with the fact that the Spurs USED to be miles ahead of other teams in identifying international talent (everyone has caught up to them), and that's the ONLY reason the Spurs were as good as they were.

Pop has lost a step- or two- or ten- and the Spurs don't have the curb appeal they used to have with Robinson, Duncan, Parker amd Genobli (all hall of fame players)--- amd Wemby won't stick around to endure another contract worth of getting his ass kicked.

The NBA is wrecked. The teams these days are soft. The game is soft. It's a simple "who can jack up the most 3 pointers and get them to fall" game now.
It's pathetic. Defense is GONE. No more hand check. No more physical play.

It flat out sucks. It's Euro-trash ball.

OKC isn't beating Dallas without trouble. That game will go 6 at least

Wemby will be gone after his rookie contract is up. Spurs don't have the juice they used to have.
The only thing that could save them is if they pull another miracle out of the hat and get the 1st pick of the draft again-- like they did in 1998 when they got Duncan and already had David Robinson. That draft catapulted the Spurs from a 50 win a year playoff team, to a dynasty.
Couple that with the fact that the Spurs USED to be miles ahead of other teams in identifying international talent (everyone has caught up to them), and that's the ONLY reason the Spurs were as good as they were.

Pop has lost a step- or two- or ten- and the Spurs don't have the curb appeal they used to have with Robinson, Duncan, Parker amd Genobli (all hall of fame players)--- amd Wemby won't stick around to endure another contract worth of getting his ass kicked.

The NBA is wrecked. The teams these days are soft. The game is soft. It's a simple "who can jack up the most 3 pointers and get them to fall" game now.
It's pathetic. Defense is GONE. No more hand check. No more physical play.

It flat out sucks. It's Euro-trash ball.
I'm sorry but you're not watching the NBA. The Timberwolves have an incredible, athletic, defense. So does OKC. Actually the 4 best teams in the NBA are all good defensive teams. Besides offense sells tickets and the 3 point shot has replaced the dunk as the most exciting play. Wemby, Jokic, Holmgren, Embiid, and we already have Grobert are bringing the center position back to where it belongs in the NBA. I'm actually looking forward to the NBA's future.

I'm sorry but you're not watching the NBA. The Timberwolves have an incredible, athletic, defense. So does OKC. Actually the 4 best teams in the NBA are all good defensive teams. Besides offense sells tickets and the 3 point shot has replaced the dunk as the most exciting play. Wemby, Jokic, Holmgren, Embiid, and we already have Grobert are bringing the center position back to where it belongs in the NBA. I'm actually looking forward to the NBA's future.
I'm curious about this defense that you're speaking about.

Let me ask you- is it Scottie Pippen style defense?
Jordan style defense?
Bowen style defense?
Mutombo style defense?
Rodman style defense?
Olajuwan style defense?

Is it Patrick Ewing colliding with Jordan in the paint and bodies flying and bloody noses?
Is it Larry Bird and Charles Oakley trying to kill each other on the glass?
Is it Gary Payton throwing a forearm into Vernon Maxwell's throat?

If it ain't that- it ain't the defense I'm used to.

I'm curious about this defense that you're speaking about.

Let me ask you- is it Scottie Pippen style defense?
Jordan style defense?
Bowen style defense?
Mutombo style defense?
Rodman style defense?
Olajuwan style defense?

Is it Patrick Ewing colliding with Jordan in the paint and bodies flying and bloody noses?
Is it Larry Bird and Charles Oakley trying to kill each other on the glass?
Is it Gary Payton throwing a forearm into Vernon Maxwell's throat?

If it ain't that- it ain't the defense I'm used to.
The whole Timberwolves defense. Grobert is better than Mutombo. Charles Oakley was worthless he wasn't even a homeless man's Draymond Green. Dortz of OKC will be a better defender than Gary Payton. I could go on and on. Those guys you mentioned were great and so will this generation in every category you care about.

Last edited:

HOW BOUT THEM MAVS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT