ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight in the NBA

I saw that Bill Walton died today. He was a true free spirit who danced to the beat of his own drummer. He was a hippie when there were still hippies. He was their player. He wore tie die t shirts when he a broadcaster who does that? And he was uninhibited with his opinions.

But he was a helluva player. When he was at UCLA he had an incredible performance in the title game. He was 21 for 22 from the field in that game. For a couple of years he was the best player in the NBA. He could it all but injuries limited his career. But he was inducted into the HoF in his first year of eligibility and rightfully so. He will be greatly missed. He died after a battle with cancer.

Bill Walton was 71.

• Sad
Reactions: freeper
I saw that Bill Walton died today. He was a true free spirit who danced to the beat of his own drummer. He was a hippie when there were still hippies. He was their player. He wore tie die t shirts when he a broadcaster who does that? And he was uninhibited with his opinions.

But he was a helluva player. When he was at UCLA he had an incredible performance in the title game. He was 21 for 22 from the field in that game. For a couple of years he was the best player in the NBA. He could it all but injuries limited his career. But he was inducted into the HoF in his first year of eligibility and rightfully so. He will be greatly missed. He died after a battle with cancer.

Bill Walton was 71.
Remember that time he did color for a Texas basketball game in Austin- national TV- and was higher than giraffe pvssy?

refing in the mavs game tonight has been garbage....are these big 12 refs?

WTF??? Foul on Luka?? Why don’t they just put points on the board for Minnesota? It would at least be honest.

OKC is so much faster and more athletic than Dallas. That will be a 4-1 series, at best for the Mavs.
Here comes the kiss of death. I am officially on the bandwagon - LET'S GO MAVS!!!

I'd be interested to see the breakdown on this board - who will watch NBA Finals vs. Women's softball finals?

Here comes the kiss of death. I am officially on the bandwagon - LET'S GO MAVS!!!

I'd be interested to see the breakdown on this board - who will watch NBA Finals vs. Women's softball finals?
Look I have a lot of reason to like the mavericks chances.

The celtics have gone they through the playoffs with the other teams star players out.

otoh everyone the Mavs have played had home court advantage.

The celtics have Porzingas back but will he be effective?

The Mavs have everyone healthy and they're peaking at the right time.

I had no idea the Mavs had such an athletic defense I underated them.

Kyrie Irving has a score to settle with the celtics. And don't forget this guy hit the winning shot in game 7 with less than a minute to go.

As far as coaches go Jason Kidd has been there done that the celtics have a first year coach.

Well guys put your money on the celtics outhereincali is picking the Mavs

Reactions: diadevic
Look I have a lot of reason to like the mavericks chances.

The celtics have gone they through the playoffs with the other teams star players out.

otoh everyone the Mavs have played had home court advantage.

The celtics have Porzingas back but will he be effective?

The Mavs have everyone healthy and they're peaking at the right time.

I had no idea the Mavs had such an athletic defense I underated them.

Kyrie Irving has a score to settle with the celtics. And don't forget this guy hit the winning shot in game 7 with less than a minute to go.

As far as coaches go Jason Kidd has been there done that the celtics have a first year coach.

Well guys put your money on the celtics outhereincali is picking the Mavs
Ima watch 1 quarter of this game. The first time I see some dude carry the ball, or blow by a defender who's playing shadow Defense, I'm out.

Ima watch 1 quarter of this game. The first time I see some dude carry the ball, or blow by a defender who's playing shadow Defense, I'm out.
You won’t have to watch the whole 1st quarter. You’ll be out by the 1st TV timeout.

In game 1- the Celtics shot 42 three pointers.

The NBA is trash.
The NBA has gone the way of the NFL. Offense sells. In the 80’s and 90’s of someone dropped 4 or 5 3s in a half, they either got undercut or blasted into the first row. Now those responses are flagrants and cost you a game check.
Ronnie Lott couldn’t play in today’s NFL.
Dennis Johnson and Danny Ainge couldn’t play in today’s NBA.

In game 1- the Celtics shot 42 three pointers.

The NBA is trash.
Today’s NBA you have a 3 on 1 fastbreak and one of the two wings runs to the 3 point line and will heave a 3pt shot instead of taking an uncontested layup. Years ago a move like that would almost get a player kicked off the team. Today it’s considered smart basketball.

Today’s NBA you have a 3 on 1 fastbreak and one of the two wings runs to the 3 point line and will heave a 3pt shot instead of taking an uncontested layup. Years ago a move like that would almost get a player kicked off the team. Today it’s considered smart basketball.
Lay up % of made 99.9

3 pointer % of made 30.

I'll take the lay in 2 over the maybe 3.

Oh and btw-- how many times in basketball games did you see a 3 on 1 and the trail man came soaring in for the two hand finish that nearly tore down the backboard, the crowd went FVCKING BANANAS, the momentum of the game changed, and the game was then changed?

Millions.

Now, we shoot a fvcking 3 pointer to finish a fast break? Nah. I'll pass. There's nothing more soul crushing to a team than to have one of your guys get DUNKED on. Hard.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Will you please stop with your constant anti NBA diatribes? Some of us like the game.
Bruh- it's not anti-NBA. It's anti- FIBA Euro-trash ball. Europe plays trash fvckin basketball. All finesse. No hard fouls allowed. No intimidation. No physical play.

Do you want to see the epitome of what the NBA USED to be before it morphed into Euro-trash ball?

Check it out:

NBA the way it was vs Euro-trash the way it is now.

Reactions: Etlonghorn
Today's NBA has changed. The 3 point shot not the dunk is now the most exciting play in basketball. And when Caitlin Clark is hot I get out of my chair say yes ma'am!

And Luka Doncic is a master of the no look pass around the basket and somebody usually Gaffney finished with hard slam. Poor old Holmgren got a lot of facials. The Mavs dunk more than any team in the NBA.

Today's NBA has changed. The 3 point shot not the dunk is now the most exciting play in basketball. And when Caitlin Clark is hot I get out of my chair say yes ma'am!

And Luka Doncic is a master of the no look pass around the basket and somebody usually Gaffney finished with hard slam. Poor old Holmgren got a lot of facials. The Mavs dunk more than any team in the NBA.
The WNBA players are straight up trash. I can't believe the media is building them up to be role models.

MAVS BAYBAY
Well @hookem777: do you think the mavs will make history? It'll be interesting to see how Boston will react to not just losing but losing by 40 points. If Doncic and Kyrie can both drop at least 30+ on the Celtics head it can get real interesting. You've talked about what's been going on in your family in the last year so I hope you especially have a good Father's Day.

Well @hookem777: do you think the mavs will make history? It'll be interesting to see how Boston will react to not just losing but losing by 40 points. If Doncic and Kyrie can both drop at least 30+ on the Celtics head it can get real interesting. You've talked about what's been going on in your family in the last year so I hope you especially have a good Father's Day.
nah its over...might go to game 6 but its over.

nah its over...might go to game 6 but its over.
Well the Celtics were the best team all season long. Dyk that they made at least one three point shot in the first quarter in every game this year? Even against Jokic the defending champion, the MVP, Boston would have won. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the kind of run the warriors had recently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT