ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter is blowing up...

I'm not sure the upper classman on this team should be bashing the young guys. What little success we are having are the young guys. Most of the upper classman are terrible.

No one on our roster is doing shit right now i.e. no one has room to talk. I don't think Haines calling out freshmen is sound the alarms worthy.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Sounds like an overreaction. It's unfortunate that people use twitter these days. It seems like there is some frustration venting and twitter is not a good spot to do that. Their actions on the field are far more damaging than any of these tweets.

Last edited:
All these players are all talk but the freshman need to be quiet. Even Malik has disappeared the past two games. Just play football!
I don't think he has been 100% healthy the last couple of games. He tweaked an ankle a few weeks ago, but you're correct. He had 9 tackles per game the first 3 and only 2 per game the last two.

Dylan Haines calling out Freshmen for not being prepared. Ironic, aye...

We have a garbage walk on safety running his mouth about a group who are outplaying the jr and sr's. Haines needs to STFU

You have every mouth piece for UT football claiming that the freshmen are great and everyone else sucks, what did you think was going to happen? I don't know the validity of what Haines said but aren't you supposed to want upperclassmen in leadership roles to put freshmen who aren't putting in the work in check?

Did Dylan tweet out that he called out the freshmen? If he did, he is a punk. If he said it in a closed door meeting, and someone else went public - he ain't the problem. Other than on the field (pretty slow).

Did Dylan tweet out that he called out the freshmen? If he did, he is a punk. If he said it in a closed door meeting, and someone else went public - he ain't the problem. Other than on the field (pretty slow).
Media

Press conference, it was just basically said if you want to start, step up and the younger players need to take in the advice of older teammates that want to lead. Older ones have been thru tough times....most younger ones haven't really experienced the adversity of losing. Some players, young and old, blamed themselves for the mess up. Again, social media makes it more than what it may be.

So twitter is blowing up that Dylan called out freshmen in a meeting? He wasn't calling them out on twitter?

If that's the case this whole issue is really stupid. There plenty of things wrong with this team, no point trying to make up new ones. Of course that's never stopped anybody before.

Charlie says phones aren't allowed in the locker room. Of course, as they shouldn't be. What I don't get is how in the hell did he have time to get away with it? Wtf is halftime like recess around here? Especially after a first half like that. If he went to take a piss, there should've been a coach in his face telling him he shakes the dew off like a b*tch.

So twitter is blowing up that Dylan called out freshmen in a meeting? He wasn't calling them out on twitter?

If that's the case this whole issue is really stupid. There plenty of things wrong with this team, no point trying to make up new ones. Of course that's never stopped anybody before.
Live to the media after Charlies presser. Tweets were going out from the media and the freshmen and sophomores began to respond.

Charlie says phones aren't allowed in the locker room. Of course, as they shouldn't be. What I don't get is how in the hell did he have time to get away with it? Wtf is halftime like recess around here? Especially after a first half like that. If he went to take a piss, there should've been a coach in his face telling him he shakes the dew off like a b*tch.
Maybe you aren't familiar with Twitter. It takes about half a second to Retweet something.

I'm a fan of the San Antonio Spurs, I have never seen a spur player call out another player in the media and start a social media war of words like this.

Pop would kill them, plain and simple. This stuff should never leave the locker room. Again, it all falls back to Strong, why is he allowing this to happen.

Coaches of other teams have banned social media. The first amendment has zero to do with it.
The Constitution doesn't appear to be your forte'. These are not employees, and even employees have been ruled to have the right to express opinions via social media. Employers can discipline them if their organization is being denigrated, however. God, I hope you never run for office.

Reactions: clob94
I'm a fan of the San Antonio Spurs, I have never seen a spur player call out another player in the media and start a social media war of words like this.

Pop would kill them, plain and simple. This stuff should never leave the locker room. Again, it all falls back to Strong, why is he allowing this to happen.
Pop doesn't know what Twitter is. More to the point though dealing with 30 year old men and 20 year old kids is a little different. I know it's popular to pile on Strong right now, but you can't put this on him. It's on him to deal with it. The fact that it happened though is solely on Boyd AND the lack of player leadership.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT