ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter is blowing up...

I rarely posts on boards and don't follow longhorn football, but it has been unavoidable the last few days and not just on twitter. Every sports site and now even mainstream websites like msn and yahoo have it on the front page.

It is one thing to lose every weekend but it only makes it worse when you take it public for the entire nation of casual viewers like me to wonder wtf is going on and how your program got to such a low point.

The Constitution doesn't appear to be your forte'. These are not employees, and even employees have been ruled to have the right to express opinions via social media. Employers can discipline them if their organization is being denigrated, however. God, I hope you never run for office.
Facts don't appear to be your forte. Coaches HAVE banned players form social media in the past. If it's against the constitution as you claim why has it not been challenged yet?

To back up my point

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/cle...players-from-using-social-media-during-season

Florida state has also banned it.

So get your legal team together and get these kids their rights back.

Last edited:
honest question...Will the Longhorns totally lay down this saturday or will they put up a fight? I'm thinking if we get some momentum then the Texas players will quit again.

Facts don't appear to be your forte. Coaches HAVE banned players form social media in the past. If it's against the constitution as you claim why has it not been challenged yet?

To back up my point

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/cle...players-from-using-social-media-during-season

It's like bootcamp. Drill Sergeant says you will protect freedom and the American way, but for now you have absolutely no rights.

To back up my point

Hes is another example of a coach banning Twitter:

http://www.kcrg.com/sports/collegefootball/Ferentz-Keeps-Social-Media-on-Lockdown-127343833.html

Heard is an intelligent kid... Loved what he had to say yesterday. There isn't a beef folks... Way too many ASSumptions.

I will never understand why dudes in the same locker room, both college and pro, would prefer to air their complaints via social media than just get up, walk across the locker room, and hash it out like young men.

Is there nothing sacred anymore? What happened to the days of "what happens in here, stays in here".....?

Someone call Elizabeth, Fred is having the big one...and it's real this time.

59b7359ef1af7b215195e862aeda4242_zpsf14581cd.jpg

Hook'em

Reactions: Scholz
Maybe you aren't familiar with the half time locker room environment. He shouldn't even be able to pull out his phone without being noticed.

That's on the players, not the coaches. Everywhere I've been the coaches meet with their specific staff for about 8-10 minutes and then meet as a unit and then with their specific positions. I've never been in a locker room where the coaches held their players' hands from the start of HT to the end.

So reading this article it just shows that the media posted exactly what Dylan Haines stated in a media interview. He spoke the truth whether he is some special athlete on the field or not. If he's studying film along with other teammates and a few freshman think they can skate by without putting in the film work well good for calling them out. Obviously he got some of those players attentions if they got their feelings hurt. When you make general statements like "We are doing extra work. The SR's decided it and yes we have some younger guys who are hesitant to do extra w/ extra time." and you have some younger guys pop off well I guess the shoe did fit! This team needs to mature but it's not going to happen until they win a big game together, they'll then realize they can rely on each other.

Hook'Em!

So reading this article it just shows that the media posted exactly what Dylan Haines stated in a media interview. He spoke the truth whether he is some special athlete on the field or not. If he's studying film along with other teammates and a few freshman think they can skate by without putting in the film work well good for calling them out. Obviously he got some of those players attentions if they got their feelings hurt. When you make general statements like "We are doing extra work. The SR's decided it and yes we have some younger guys who are hesitant to do extra w/ extra time." and you have some younger guys pop off well I guess the shoe did fit! This team needs to mature but it's not going to happen until they win a big game together, they'll then realize they can rely on each other.

Hook'Em!

I don't think anyone is saying the message is wrong, it just never should have been mentioned through the media. That was his big mistake. He started a shit storm that added to the perception that Strong has lost control of the team.

Poor attitude equals poor play. The Longhorns will get destroyed all year long with that attitude. The Juniors & Seniors need to whip the freshmen's butts in the locker room. When I was a Junior & Senior, we beat the crap out of the "mouthy" & "lazy" underclassmen. We were in charge & they did what we told them to do, otherwise they got another beating. Put in the work to win!!!

I don't think anyone is saying the message is wrong, it just never should have been mentioned through the media. That was his big mistake. He started a shit storm that added to the perception that Strong has lost control of the team.

I can agree with that, although tweeting at halftime about transferring could easily say you've lost control of your players as well. Either way this works out some of these players need to mature quickly and figure out that this is not high school.

Poor attitude equals poor play. The Longhorns will get destroyed all year long with that attitude. The Juniors & Seniors need to whip the freshmen's butts in the locker room. When I was a Junior & Senior, we beat the crap out of the "mouthy" & "lazy" underclassmen. We were in charge & they did what we told them to do, otherwise they got another beating. Put in the work to win!!!
Not in today's world. Bully!

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT