ADVERTISEMENT

Two things Anthony Hill said about helmet communication

Anwar Richardson

Staff
Apr 24, 2014
Texas linebacker Anthony Hill addressed the media after practice on Thursday. I thought the most interesting topic of conversation centered around helmet communication this season. One player on defense will be allowed to wear a helmet communication device that enables coaches to relay plays. Quinn Ewers will wear a helmet communication device on offense and Hill will have the same responsibility on defense.

There were two notes worth sharing.

1. Hill confirmed he has been wearing the helmet communication device in training camp: "We started in the walkthroughs yesterday. I've been doing that every day. I feel like it's been getting better and better every day. It's kind of a real big advantage for me because you kind of don't have to look to the sideline. You can kind of focus on what's what's going on in front of you."

2. Hill was asked to reflect on the loud environment at Alabama last season and express how the helmet communication device could help during road games. However, Hill said the communication system will be more helpful at home.

" I feel like it's going to be more helpful at home for us since how loud the crowd is at home. It's kind of hard for us to communicate sometimes. I think it's going to be bigger at home than on the road because of course the crowd is pretty quiet when you're on defense on the road. It's not really too loud."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News