ADVERTISEMENT

USC may be 9-2 going in to ND game

No bro. You are not wrong. You are 100% correct.

We are a top 10 team only because of attrition. While it would appear that Texas making the playoff would be a good thing, trust me, it won't. We would likely be a 4 seed. Care to guess who we would be pitted against?

An alabama team with a QB that has yet to take a snap in the 4th quarter. Just deal with it. The only team that can beat Bama, is Bama. They are THAT good. Do you really want Texas to go into the signing period with the fresh taste of Bama hanging a half a hundo on us to be on the lips of recruits?

The best outcome for us is banging out 9-10 wins, going to a cotton or Fiesta bowl and beating a Michigan or U dub calibre of team. That virtually assures us of a top 5-10 recruiting class AND a much better taste in our mouth (victory) going into the off season instead of having to listen to every recruiting coordinator remind every recruit how we got donkey punched by an sec team.

Always with these Negative Vibes clob!

Hook'em

Confucius say, be careful what you wish for...... because it just might beat you by 5 touchdowns.

My dudes..... would It be nice to make the playoff? Of course.

But, if we do, and we get rick rolled, the media narrative will be so negative that it will hurt recruiting. You can't go to a playoff game and get curb stomped. If you lose by a touchdown or two, you've shown recruits that if they come to Texas, they can be the difference in losing by 10-14 points, to winning. But if you get throttled, recruits will be like "ya um, I don't want to get embarrassed like that..... ever" and go elsewhere. What is BEST for building and recruiting is to go to a high profile bowl game, win, and build upon that.

Or the recruits are like....."yeah i can make a difference and we can get back there and win it'

Not sure if getting throttled in the playoffs is that big of a negative.....Ou did a couple years back and they are recruiting just fine.....the fact you GET there shows recruits thats what they want to be..... playing for a shot at a Championship.

I'll take the donkey punch, it may hurt like hell but There will be only one SEC team in this playoffs, and it won't be Aggsy. Getting there sends a clear message to Texas high school recruits, go to college station and never win anything or come to Texas and go to the playoffs.

Confucius say, be careful what you wish for...... because it just might beat you by 5 touchdowns.

My dudes..... would It be nice to make the playoff? Of course.

But, if we do, and we get rick rolled, the media narrative will be so negative that it will hurt recruiting. You can't go to a playoff game and get curb stomped. If you lose by a touchdown or two, you've shown recruits that if they come to Texas, they can be the difference in losing by 10-14 points, to winning. But if you get throttled, recruits will be like "ya um, I don't want to get embarrassed like that..... ever" and go elsewhere. What is BEST for building and recruiting is to go to a high profile bowl game, win, and build upon that.

Don't care still want to go, besides, no one gave Texas a chance against Nebraska in 96 and look what happened. I think Texas would give Bama a good game. At least they would give them a better game than Aggsy did.

Getting to a playoff in year 2 with Tom Herman would be awesome plus it just might show recruits that we have the right guy in place. If we do get our asses kicked well it's part of the building process which we're only in year 2. Honestly I just want to win out and where ever we land is where we land. I'm actually excited and happy that we're winning it would be nice to have a bowl game outside of Texas and also a major one.

I'll take the donkey punch, it may hurt like hell but There will be only one SEC team in this playoffs, and it won't be Aggsy. Getting there sends a clear message to Texas high school recruits, go to college station and never win anything or come to Texas and go to the playoffs.
2 ways to look at that. Come to Texas and play in the conference that sends the least amount of players to the NFL. Play in front of small crowds and don’t play on TV that much in prime time. Other selling points.
Players on NFL rosters
SEC- 335
Big 10- 239
ACC- 228
PAC 12- 210
Big 12- 123...careful the American conference is catching up at 100.

A&M and Texas are tied at 24

Otherwise yes, come to Texas and play in the kiddie pool in regards to great exposure.

Or go to aTm where you will finish in the middle of the SEC....the same place they finished in the BIGXII. Not sure if you have noticed .....aggy is still aggy......irrelevant. Hey but aggy does celebrate close losses so this will only help in recruiting. Swag you really have to be one of the slower ones on this board.....keep beating that conference affiliation because that is ALL aggy has. Just tell recruits......come to aggy where we will get beat and finish in the middle of the SEC but we get beat by "SEC" players.....smh....cant fix stupid

Or go to aTm where you will finish in the middle of the SEC....the same place they finished in the BIGXII. Not sure if you have noticed .....aggy is still aggy......irrelevant. Hey but aggy does celebrate close losses so this will only help in recruiting. Swag you really have to be one of the slower ones on this board.....keep beating that conference affiliation because that is ALL aggy has. Just tell recruits......come to aggy where we will get beat and finish in the middle of the SEC but we get beat by "SEC" players.....smh....cant fix stupid
You need to start watch other news other than Longhorn network. It has brainwashed you.

There is nothing in my previous post that is false......please tell me where im wrong....i will need actual facts to collaborate your story so please......feel free....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT