UT and College Basketball Randomness

walk-on horn

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2003
DFW
1. The SEC is a super deep league but there is not a power. It is Texas’ for the taking. I like what RT has done with the roster. He has built this roster like an NBA roster. A point guard to handle the ball and score, a big for rim protection, and lots of wings that can score the basketball.

2. Texas’ biggest questions might be on the defensive end with getting stops, rim protection, and rebounding the basketball.

3. I watch Tre Johnson clips and one former player comes to mind: Allan Houston. Houston was a star for Tennessee and the Knicks. Both Houston and Johnson are so smooth getting to their spots, have perfect releases, both are 6’6”, and getting buckets looks easy for them. Random comp I know. I wish Tre Johnson gave me thoughts of T-Mac but Tre doesn’t have T-Mac’s crazy athleticism.

4. I do think RT will have a good bench to go to in games. That’s not talked about enough in college basketball - how your team does when you have to give your starters a rest.

5. IMHO, the NBA on ESPN has never really taken off because, in part, ESPN has never found the right studio show and no one cares about Friday night NBA regular season games. Do we see ESPN lean heavily into its promotion of SEC basketball on a slightly lesser scale of how ESPN promotes SEC football?

6. Basketball in November and December are really going to make us miss the Longhorn Network.

7. Prediction: Texas finishes in the top four of the SEC with Alabama, Tennessee, and a mystery team. Texas gets a 4 seed in the NCAA Tournament and makes the Sweet 16.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.