ADVERTISEMENT

Video of Charlie Strong penalty

This did look like a questionable call on the surface but Strong may have said something that crossed the line in the ref's eyes.

That clip its hard to see, but watch the game ( where they show it) and he clearly bows up and bumps the ref, nothing huge, but I am sure it accompanied a few choice words. I will say, that defensive holding call was weird, I thought if anything it should have been called on our guy blocking him.......but they missed holding calls both ways, but it is a lot easier to see them on TV than from where they are

That call wasn't questionable, it was bs. Clearly, Strong lost his cool and his verbal assaults crossed some line. But, that call was horrendous.

I have picked Texas to win the past two weeks and both weeks they should have, or at least had a chance in OT. Very weird year for you gentlemen.

I will be pulling for you guys the rest of the way, Heard is a superstar........you have so much young raw talent, two more years and you guys will be at the top of the conference

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
Strong said the f word according to his post game. There is a second video angle that shows that the ref approached Strong twice and got in his space. Strong did not bump him.

You couldn't have watched that game and thought there wasn't something weird going on. Phantom calls left and right whenever OSU needed it. Phantom calls on Texas whenever a drive started moving

The sorry ref was stepping in front of Strong each direction he tried to go. As a ref why would he want to do that unless he wanted to argue with Strong. The ref seemed just as mad as Strong was and the ref started the physical body language first. Strong held back better than I could have. It would have been very hard to not push his ass on the ground.

Reactions: smokey1zts
If you know how to read lips, or have a friend who is deaf or hearing impaired, get them to watch the video. You'll find out why zebra threw the flag. I don't think it was because charlie called him a merry fellow.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I don't blame strong for that. The call was inexcusable and most refs would not have confronted an angry coach like that. I consider that baiting.

Charlie was frustrated, he was heated, he cussed zebra to filth, zebra took it up to a point, then charlie said something less than complimentary and zebra had had enough. It happens.

Charlie was frustrated, he was heated, he cussed zebra to filth, zebra took it up to a point, then charlie said something less than complimentary and zebra had had enough. It happens.

I agree to a point. You see refs turn their backs to coaches to allow them to cool down and avoid a bigger blowup. This one kept moving into CS face. That's why I say he baited him.

Last edited:
That last link you posted CLEARLY showed Strong lunging his head forward towards the zebra and barked something with authority imo.

What was said, who knows, but Charlie should know better than that imho.

I'd venture from this video the the official tried to bump Charlie, in the first seconds of this clip, missed and then followed Strong, while Strong was walking away, until he was successful. https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/647938086026936320/pu/vid/1280x720/-xKgEIvMh8-6G0H7.mp4

Then in the reverse angle you see Strong put his arm behind his back to avoid contact and the official lean into Strong to initiate. http://gfycat.com/MaleEarnestIriomotecat#

I agree to a point. You see refs turn their backs to coaches to allow them to cool down and avoid a bigger blowup. This one kept moving into CS face. That's why I say he baited him.

Was Charlie on the field, because it sure looked like the zebra was trying to walk him off the field?

Who knows Strong may have been in his ear previous to that and already warned? Lack of discipline on his part.

Come on we've all seen far bigger tirades out of Stoops without him getting ejected.

As bad as the Strong penalty was it was about the 5th or 6th most questionable call of the day. The make believe holding call on The Texas DL who is double teamed and held might not even be the worst but it's what gave OSU the win. Would love to see someone try and defend it

Come on we've all seen far bigger tirades out of Stoops without him getting ejected.

Exactly you see similar coaching tirades all the time, they're almost never flagged. Frankly I was surprised Strong had maintained as much patience as he had to that point. It was a bullshit call (one of many) and it deserved to be called what it was

That clip its hard to see, but watch the game ( where they show it) and he clearly bows up and bumps the ref, nothing huge, but I am sure it accompanied a few choice words. I will say, that defensive holding call was weird, I thought if anything it should have been called on our guy blocking him.......but they missed holding calls both ways, but it is a lot easier to see them on TV than from where they are

What in the flip are you talking about? The game was ridiculously one sided. oSu benefited from every single replay, ref blunder and 50/50 call in the game. On top of that, what do you mean it is hard to see from the clip, but watch the game? The clip is the best angle available.

95 clearly grabs 74 jersey to prevent him from getting to the second level. Clear defensive holding.

In the 2nd one, Charlie is trying to get out of the way and the ref initiates the contact. He should be fired on the spot. That's not a mistake you are allowed to make as a ref. You can't make yourself bigger then the game which is what this ref did.

The make a bullshit call on the hold, and then compound it. If Charlie used the F word, then the ref should have thrown the flag for that. But what he threw the flag for was the bump that he initiated. The flag came out right after the bump.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
95 clearly grabs 74 jersey to prevent him from getting to the second level. Clear defensive holding.

Haha, riiiight. First two posts ever and they're both flame bait. There are oSu fans popping up on our board that disagree with you. There are the announcers, who didn't have a dog in the fight. There are the ESPN reporters who are weighing in, who think it was a bad call. This isn't just Texas fans. It was a ridiculous call.

There were plenty of calls that could have been argued either way. The lateral/forward pass call, for one. I still honestly don't understand why we don't use technology to fix this, whether it's assuring that there is one reasonably good sideline camera that gets across-the-field shots, or I mean... it would totally be possible to put something in the ball that could track its position relative to the field without affecting its weight or balance.

But the defensive holding call was the worst. The roughing call was the second worst, especially with some offensive holding on that play. And then you can work your way down from there to the more questionable calls like the forward pass, the fumble recovery, and the penalty on Strong.

It was a terrible call but he does clearly grab the lineman who is trying to get to the linebacker. Having said that I still don't know how you make that call

Haha, riiiight. First two posts ever and they're both flame bait. There are oSu fans popping up on our board that disagree with you. There are the announcers, who didn't have a dog in the fight. There are the ESPN reporters who are weighing in, who think it was a bad call. This isn't just Texas fans. It was a ridiculous call.

There were plenty of calls that could have been argued either way. The lateral/forward pass call, for one. I still honestly don't understand why we don't use technology to fix this, whether it's assuring that there is one reasonably good sideline camera that gets across-the-field shots, or I mean... it would totally be possible to put something in the ball that could track its position relative to the field without affecting its weight or balance.

But the defensive holding call was the worst. The roughing call was the second worst, especially with some offensive holding on that play. And then you can work your way down from there to the more questionable calls like the forward pass, the fumble recovery, and the penalty on Strong.
He clearly grabs the jersey. But, that is a no call. It's bs. That and the "helmet contact" calls were horrible.

I really thought Texas would win Cal/osu and they should of have had a chance to win both.

I'll say it again... Weirdest season I can remember for you guys.

Strong said the f word according to his post game. There is a second video angle that shows that the ref approached Strong twice and got in his space. Strong did not bump him.

You couldn't have watched that game and thought there wasn't something weird going on. Phantom calls left and right whenever OSU needed it. Phantom calls on Texas whenever a drive started moving

There it is. There are three people I will allow to stand near my chest.. or touching - My Wife and my two Sons. If anyone else tries it, despite the fact that I am 74, you will be asked, politely, to step back a couple of paces. If you don't, you will be moved, and not too carefully. Some people have gotten airborne. :)

Reactions: pinnaclesw
There it is. There are three people I will allow to stand near my chest.. or touching - My Wife and my two Sons. If anyone else tries it, despite the fact that I am 74, you will be asked, politely, to step back a couple of paces. If you don't, you will be moved, and not too carefully. Some people have gotten airborne. :)

74? I'm a fan, Sir. I pray I post when I am your age.

That last link you posted CLEARLY showed Strong lunging his head forward towards the zebra and barked something with authority imo. What was said, who knows, but Charlie should know better than that imho.
Complete trash, and that particular pu$$y was barking like a bitch, probably didn't like it when a real junk yard dog came out.

sVNe50I.gif

Hook 'em

I just noticed in that video that Bedford was telling Strong to get back or be quiet or something. I have a feeling this exchange had been brewing all night.

Reactions: pinnaclesw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT