ADVERTISEMENT

Video of Charlie Strong penalty

Complete trash, and that particular pu$$y was barking like a bitch, probably didn't like it when a real junk yard dog came out.

sVNe50I.gif

Hook 'em
Charlie wanted some... Ref almost got "Woody Hayesed"!

I dont particularly care what Charlie said. If you are the ref at that point of the game you have to show a little bit of discretion about throwing a 15 yard flag. That is if you dont want to directly affect the outcome. And that is aside from the ref following CS and jawing at him.

Better to lose the game and keep our pride, and I expect the team had our heads up in the locker room after the game (except the punter). I've got no complaints with Coach Strong on that play/penalty, the refs really crossed the line on that play, the subsequent penalty, and frankly, it was icing on the cake. I believe we are owed an apology from the Big12.

That said... we better beat okie in two weeks, refs in their pocket or not.

Hook 'em

95 clearly grabs 74 jersey to prevent him from getting to the second level. Clear defensive holding.

Correct, stop the Video at the 6 Second Mark in the post above and you can see 95 clearly grabs the front of 74's jersey with his left arm in an attempt to keep him from getting to the Second Level.

Haha, riiiight. First two posts ever and they're both flame bait. There are oSu fans popping up on our board that disagree with you. There are the announcers, who didn't have a dog in the fight. There are the ESPN reporters who are weighing in, who think it was a bad call. This isn't just Texas fans. It was a ridiculous call.

There were plenty of calls that could have been argued either way. The lateral/forward pass call, for one. I still honestly don't understand why we don't use technology to fix this, whether it's assuring that there is one reasonably good sideline camera that gets across-the-field shots, or I mean... it would totally be possible to put something in the ball that could track its position relative to the field without affecting its weight or balance.

But the defensive holding call was the worst. The roughing call was the second worst, especially with some offensive holding on that play. And then you can work your way down from there to the more questionable calls like the forward pass, the fumble recovery, and the penalty on Strong.

On that lateral/forward pass the analyst said he was no more than 6 inches over the line of scrimmage. There are Naval fighter pilots who don't have vision that good.

For all you sooner t shirt fans who have come on this thread to do nothing but antagonize TX fans on this thread even know the call was bogus just like everyone else does. It is your school that always blames the losses on the zebras especially close ones. And when it happens you come on this board start threads to about it.

For all you sooner t shirt fans who have come on this thread to do nothing but antagonize TX fans on this thread even know the call was bogus just like everyone else does. It is your school that always blames the losses on the zebras especially close ones. And when it happens you come on this board start threads to about it.
I'm with you Horns. Bogus call, as was the helmet to helmet. No room for that in the game. Anybody defending it would cry if it cost their team like it did Texas. OU had the same thing against Oregon and we still hate Oregon for it.

This officiating crew needs too be removed.

OSU coaches were working the refs from early in game based on UT DL holding to prevent OSU OL from reaching second level. All teams do it, apparently we thought you were too blatant and reported it. Ford got pushed away from interior so it wasn't hidden and then when he spun with a handful of shirt to pull down LG it was right in front of official and an easy call. The after pic of the LT on him are pointless. Looks like your 91 also got a nice personal foul hands to the face missed.

I'm hearing OSU also not really buying headset issues. Interesting both UT coordinators call from sideline while one of OSU's doesn't. Who knows....never like a game with outcome affected by calls (2012 UT game in Stillwater). But there's more to the story than the knee jerkers may care to admit. The helmet to helmet gets called almost every time. The fumble OSU recovered wasn't a bad call. You did have a bad holding call earlier. But your total offense in the second half came on two plays....a QB run and the pass lobbed up and completed after your WR threw the DB aside in an obvious offensive penalty. It happens and it wasn't as lopsided like most on here are saying.

Last edited:
Fellow Longhorns, please keep in mind that most these Okie guys get their sports info from radio guys like Pat Jones and such. I've notice many of them are just regurgitating things said on small town Okie radio. I'm not saying to forgive their ignorance, just letting y'all know they aren't this dumb on their own.

Apparently something similar happened a few years ago and these "electrical' issues (where it's not a headset problem) have only happened at UT. Who knows?

Apparently something similar happened a few years ago and these "electrical' issues (where it's not a headset problem) have only happened at UT. Who knows?
It hurt us with a freshman QB, even had to burn a TO due to it. The power was out in the stadium for a while well before the game. Whatever the issue, it wasn't New England.

Not sure why headsets are even being brought up. The texas coaches removed their handsets until the problem was fixed. Okie posters are grasping at straws here.

Reactions: TexExSpur
Your coordinators both call from the sidelines. One of ours (OC) doesn't, so it affected us differently. Who knows what the story is...point is there is some suspicion. The problem never was fixed.

Your coordinators both call from the sidelines. One of ours (OC) doesn't, so it affected us differently. Who knows what the story is...point is there is some suspicion.
Regardless of where the coordinators are, we have folks in the both like Watson and Traylor that communicate with our OC...

Defense doesn't matter.

The suspicion is complete bullshit.

OSU coaches were working the refs from early in game based on UT DL holding to prevent OSU OL from reaching second level. All teams do it, apparently we thought you were too blatant and reported it. Ford got pushed away from interior so it wasn't hidden and then when he spun with a handful of shirt to pull down LG it was right in front of official and an easy call. The after pic of the LT on him are pointless. Looks like your 91 also got a nice personal foul hands to the face missed.

I'm hearing OSU also not really buying headset issues. Interesting both UT coordinators call from sideline while one of OSU's doesn't. Who knows....never like a game with outcome affected by calls (2012 UT game in Stillwater). But there's more to the story than the knee jerkers may care to admit. The helmet to helmet gets called almost every time. The fumble OSU recovered wasn't a bad call. You did have a bad holding call earlier. But your total offense in the second half came on two plays....a QB run and the pass lobbed up and completed after your WR threw the DB aside in an obvious offensive penalty. It happens and it wasn't as lopsided like most on here are saying.

And 73 clearly holds 95 twice as long. Give me a break.

Lol, ref missed it due to pulling and throwing his flag. So at least you now admit there was a defensive hold. Ford wasn't even trying to play the block. He pulled the jersey and tried to throw him down like a wrestling throw,...twists his body all the way around to do it which opened it up to the official.

All teams do it. Apparently you guys do it enough our coaches pointed it out to the officials and he got nabbed at an inopportune time for you. If the official didn't see that he probably would have seen the 15 yarder for hands to the face on 91!

You do realize there is grabbing on every single play right? The flag is being thrown while Ford is being held. Did the ref just decide to look away? Was Ford NOT being held? And everyone is who has ever played football has said that you dont call defensive holding on running plays. Every expert has said you just dont see that. Ever. Except yesterday, where every big play had a foul call against Texas. No one is taking OSUs side on this. No one.

Reactions: TexExSpur
I'd like to know how many defensive holds are called on DTs during a running play. I'd bet the number is less than 5 per season in the Big 12. Not sure how to drill for that info.

I'd also like to see film on them. If even called it's due to the DT wrestling the OT to the ground.

Just doesn't happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT