ADVERTISEMENT

WAY Outside: Playing Devil's Advocate about Everything

boernefan

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2001
Boerne
I am going to suggest things that I am not sure I agree with but am interested in thinking about. Fair enough?

SEC Scheduling - Why go with the 8 game schedule and then renegotiate the 2025 schedule instead of going with the nine game schedule for 2024 and then renegotiate after
the SEC has proven to ESPN the value of those extra conference games?

OOC Texas Scheduling - Why play the cupcake teams when Texas could play in exciting national games all year?
For example - @ Michigan in 24 , then @home in 25, then @Ohio State in 25 and then why not repeat it every four years?
- Why not home and away games against USC and home and home against UCLA , and repeat that every four years?
- Why not random games against ND and some other national name for the third OOC game?
Would it not be great to be playing in elite national games of great national interest?
- I realize the easy answer is our team could not play that tough of schedule because our guys would get beat up or injured
We couldn't prepare for that many top ten teams,etc?
Why not build the depth through recruiting, developing our players with aggressive substitution patterns?

Would it not be a good recruiting pitch if kids knew they would play early and get a chance to compete because we played a lot of our roster as a regular practice?

It would be a hell of a challenge for any university and it may just be impossible but why can't I dream big?

Have a good night and maybe a little of this might work!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News