ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Depth Chart Prediction/Projection: OFFENSE (via MyPerfectFranchise.Net)

Alex Dunlap

Any Updates on Desmond Harrison?
Staff
Jan 18, 2005
Travis Settlement, TX
SPONSORED BY MYPERFECTFRANCHISE.NET
Are you…
  • Ready to leave the corporate Rat Race for the American Dream?
  • Looking for a side hustle while working your current job?
  • Wanting to diversify, build wealth, and/or leave a legacy?
Andy can help!!!
Andy is a franchise consultant (as well as franchise owner) and helps people find franchises that fit their skill sets, financial requirements, time to commit and more….
His services are 100% free and he’s here to help if you have any questions about business ownership.

image_from_ios.jpg

Learn more about Andy and franchise ownership through these resources:
Andy's Story
Why a Franchise
Service Based vs Brick and Mortar
Semi Absentee Ownership
The Process and How It works

Andy Luedecke
www.MyPerfectFranchise.Net
p: 404-973-9901
e: andy@myperfectfranchise.net
Book time with me at: Andy's Calendar

Fall 2023 Initial Depth Chart Projection/Prediction - Offense

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

2023-Depth-Chart-Fall-2023-offense-projection.jpg

A few quick notes and thoughts as I was putting the chart together:

- The offense, outside of the OL, really seems a little more straight-forward with less combinations of various pieces and possibilities than the defense.

- It's wild that the true, functional two-deep for the offensive line, in practice, will consist of really only seven guys, possibly eight guys if we include Neto Umeozulu, simply because Cam Williams is capable of providing depth at three-to-four spots along the offensive line; and because Hayden Conner would surely assume center duties over Connor Robertson should anything happen to Jake Majors.

- As weird as it felt to do so, I had to put an "OR" between Juan Davis (who really has flashed a lot in practices during his time at Texas, but never on the field during games) and Spencer Shannon, because we can only go on what we've seen (and heard) and from what I saw during Fall Camp, Shannon was with the threes every bit as often as Davis.

- Even though there is an "OR" between Johntay Cook and Isaiah Neyor, I really thought about making the Z WR lineup Worthy, Neyor and Cook since Neyor got all that work when Worthy was sick a few weeks back with the ones. What kept me from doing that was two things: 1) Cook is so good and I just can't bring myself to list him as a third-teamer, and 2) who's to say that the staff wasn't giving Neyor an opportunity with the first group to take advantage of the time without Worthy and see how Neyor would hold up coming back from injury. I don't think we'll know the true pecking order here until we either see it on the team's official depth chart -- or, more importantly via usage in actual games.

- The RB lineup should be read as follows: the first traditional RB seems to be a 1a, 1b deal with Jonathan Brooks and CJ Baxter, but the fact that Baxter is getting first-team work forces an "OR" into their chart. Robinson, then, is considered a first-team player, but as a complementary weapon. Jayden Blue would be the third true feature back with Savion Red as the second complementary option with Wisner sitting beneath all those guys, and having a role yet-to-be-determined.

- Like the RBs, Malik Murphy and Arch Manning feel like a 2a, 2b deal with Murphy in the lead, but the fact that they have split second-team reps in the last two scrimmages forces an "OR" between them for now on this projection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News