ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to trap week.

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
This week really sets up as a trap game.

Texas coming off an emotional win against a ranked opponent.

In two weeks Texas faces Oklahoma.

Now Texas is ranked.

What more need I say, oh I have one more.

IT'S THE PURPLE WIZARD!!!!

Wow, this has all the makings of a great big trap. I hope I'm wrong.

yes … Texas has never beat K-St.- IN MANAHATTAN _ when Snyder is the head coach at Kansas St. ...

WVU had 4 TO's and still won by 4 touchdowns. Is KSU really that bad? Looks like the QB is having a hard time that could be the offensive line or just him not being very good. Our D should feast in this game but I never take KSU lightly considering our history in Manhattan.

WVU had 4 TO's and still won by 4 touchdowns. Is KSU really that bad? Looks like the QB is having a hard time that could be the offensive line or just him not being very good. Our D should feast in this game but I never take KSU lightly considering our history in Manhattan.

Dont count on it. Before the season, KSU was stated to have one of the best O-lines in the country if I remember correctly.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Dont count on it. Before the season, KSU was stated to have one of the best O-lines in the country if I remember correctly.

4 sacks last Saturday says maybe not so much or the kid is holding on to the ball waaaaay to long. 3 sacks the weekend before from UTSA, 4 sacks by MissSt and 3 sacks against South Dakota which was a very close game.

With that said I haven't watched any KSU games I'd have to youtube to see what is really going on. But they're giving up 3.5 sacks a game which is great for us but we'll have to see what Orlando does.

Don't forget we should get shack back. That should really bolster an already improving OL. Add a healthier Ingram, and we should control the clock all night. Only thing is, this RB by committee bullshit needs to stop. It's clear who's the best back by far, and he should get the bulk of the carries. Freshman or not. I don't wanna see none of this Porter shit, and a lot less Young.

Don't forget we should get shack back. That should really bolster an already improving OL. Add a healthier Ingram, and we should control the clock all night. Only thing is, this RB by committee bullshit needs to stop. It's clear who's the best back by far, and he should get the bulk of the carries. Freshman or not. I don't wanna see none of this Porter shit, and a lot less Young.

Problem is Ingram is dinged up again. He's the best back but needs to stay healthy.

That sounds great, but I never expect guys that haven’t been playing to just jump right back into the fold with no drop off (esp on the OL). Young needs to just run like he EXPECTS to knock somebody over, not like it’s a surprise when it happens (a la Chris Warren), and he’ll be pretty unstoppable.

That sounds great, but I never expect guys that haven’t been playing to just jump right back into the fold with no drop off (esp on the OL). Young needs to just run like he EXPECTS to knock somebody over, not like it’s a surprise when it happens (a la Chris Warren), and he’ll be pretty unstoppable.

It's not like shack has been out of action for six months though. I think he's still in good enough shape, and knows the offense better than any of the other lineman.

I don't trust Young because he fumbles too much.

Problem is Ingram is dinged up again. He's the best back but needs to stay healthy.

He's just got minor stuff going on. He should be fine.

Ingram isn't 100%. Let Watson and Young take the bulk this week again. I want Ingram at full speed for OU.

I didn't say he was 100%. He's got minor dings, and the bone bruise should be getting better. Good point about saving him for OU, but my worry is this.

He still needs a big statement game before this hardheaded staff lets him be the man. He dominates and rushes for a buck fifty against KSU, then I believe they stay with him more against OU.

If he's used sparingly again, I fear it's just more of the same against OU.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Yikes, from NR to #18 in the AP right behind Kentucky....in football no less. When was the last time we won a game while ranked? Notre Dame before we knew how bad they were?

This week really sets up as a trap game.

Texas coming off an emotional win against a ranked opponent.

In two weeks Texas faces Oklahoma.

Now Texas is ranked.

What more need I say, oh I have one more.

IT'S THE PURPLE WIZARD!!!!

Wow, this has all the makings of a great big trap. I hope I'm wrong.

Another thing is this young team was not ready to play on the road. This will be a huge test of maturity. It will be interesting to see how well they respond when momentum is not bolstered by the crowd.

i really hope we can put another week together. we are still not good enough to just show up and win. this is a serious test for this team.

Who was the kicker that year? I seem to remember a shot of the go ahead field goal on the front page of the Texan when I got to school on Monday.

What I remember about that game it was physical, even brutal at times. A lot of limp offs from both teams. KSU had some receivers who were nasty blockers. Our guys got clobbered a few times. But our guys dished it out as well and we got a W.

K State no longer has their defensive coordinator he retired last season and their offensive coordinator is now the head coach of UTEP. So the purple wizard doesn't have his guys anymore.

K State no longer has their defensive coordinator he retired last season and their offensive coordinator is now the head coach of UTEP. So the purple wizard doesn't have his guys anymore.
Was reading an article yesterday that the purple wizard changed QB's last week without telling anyone on the team. I don't know exactly when it happened but just told the 2nd guy to go in, didn't talk to the OC, OL or anyone else didn't tell the 1st QB. the 2nd guy came jogging on the field and that is how the 1st guy found out. Not that any of that is not allowed, but you typically don't hear that type of stuff out of the KSU staff.

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT