ADVERTISEMENT

Well boys the new schedule is finally here

That's hard to watch----about as poor a defense as you will see-ever. we really need to turn that series around.

The SEC announced in June 2021 that Texas and Oklahoma will join the conference no later than 2025. However, it looks like the Longhorns and Sooners' efforts to leave the Big 12 earlier than that will be unsuccessful.

ESPN reported Friday that it is unlikely that the schools will come to an agreement with the Big 12 and its two television partners that would allow the two schools to leave earlier than the 2025-26 academic year. The SEC did not comment on the report.
I still beleive Texas and OU will be in the SEC in 2024. Fox is reportedly the hold up. I think a deal will probably ultimately get done, and if it doesn’t I think at this point Texas and OU will make it an ugly divorce. The reality is the big 12 got its new teams earlier than they were suppose to. So let Texas and OU go a year early.

I don’t think it gets done. They need UT and OK to play these new teams in the Big12 conference for the exposure before we jet to the SEC.

Money ALLLLLLLLLWAYS WINS. The money will be presented at the very last moment and Texas and the land thieves will go to the SEC SEC SEC in 2024.

I don't think the deal gets done. Fox is holding out because they know OU and Texas are the money schools of the conference. They are going to milk that extra year of both schools being in the Big 12.

I don't think the deal gets done. Fox is holding out because they know OU and Texas are the money schools of the conference. They are going to milk that extra year of both schools being in the Big 12.
You know I can think of only 3 games last year where the Big XII was on Fox's #1 game last year the rest got shuffled to FS1.

And Fox is about to start a sweetheart package with the Big X in a couple of years. And last year their focus was almost entirely on the Big X. For the last 7 years they've gotten the tOSU/MI game and will have it for another 7 years.

Look the even without TX and OK the Big XII is going to be around for awhile now. They just signed a great tv rights deal. And take in their basketball prowess and TCU's being in the title game I think Yormark will work out an acceptable severance package with TX and OK and allow them to leave.

It's time for everyone to get on with their lives.

You know I can think of only 3 games last year where the Big XII was on Fox's #1 game last year the rest got shuffled to FS1.

And Fox is about to start a sweetheart package with the Big X in a couple of years. And last year their focus was almost entirely on the Big X. For the last 7 years they've gotten the tOSU/MI game and will have it for another 7 years.

Look the even without TX and OK the Big XII is going to be around for awhile now. They just signed a great tv rights deal. And take in their basketball prowess and TCU's being in the title game I think Yormark will work out an acceptable severance package with TX and OK and allow them to leave.

It's time for everyone to get on with their lives.
That sounds great but when there's millions of dollars involved people get greedy. I don't see them coming to an agreement that easily.

Probably so. I just find it more interesting to watch UT or OK play a cincy/ucf/byu/uh than say Kansas or wv. Maybe it’s just me.
Same here. Two of the best games may be OU at BYU and UT vs. U of H. And OU missed KState and Baylor. Not a bad set up. Just hope its the last year in the Big 12. To be determined.

Reactions: HornDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT