ADVERTISEMENT

"Well...Bye"

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
R.I.P. Curly Bill of the movie "Tombstone" fame.

Sin City, Tombstone and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D star Powers Boothe dies aged 68 in Los Angeles
  • Powers Boothe died in his sleep on Sunday morning at his home in Los Angeles
  • Boothe, who is originally from Texas, first got his shot at acting by playing cult leader Jim Jones in 'Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones' in 1980
  • Went on to play Senator Roark in Sin City in 2005 and Cy Tolliver in Deadwood
  • In 2012, he appeared on the Avengers and then on ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • He is survived by his wife of nearly 50 years, Pam, and their two children
By Amanda Ulrich For Dailymail.com

Updated: 09:32 EDT, 15 May 2017

Actor Powers Boothe who starred in Sin City and TV shows including Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has died aged 68.

He passed away in his sleep on Sunday morning at his Los Angeles home.

Boothe, who was born on a farm in Texas, first got his big acting break by playing infamous cult leader Jim Jones in the made-for-television movie 'Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones' in 1980.

40566E6100000578-4506146-image-m-33_1494825945592.jpg

In 2012, he appeared on the Avengers and then on ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Boothe also played Lamar Wyatt, the father of main character Rayna James, on Nashville.

Boothe was nominated for two SAG awards during his career - first alongside his cast members of Nixon in 1996, and again with the cast of Deadwood in 2007.

Boothe's friend and fellow actor Beau Bridges tweeted a tribute to the late actor on Sunday.

'It's with great sadness that I mourn the passing of my friend Powers Boothe. A dear friend, great actor, devoted father & husband,' Bridges wrote.

Powers' spokesperson Karen Samfilippo said a private service will be held in Texas, and a memorial celebration in Boothe's honor is being considered for a future date.

She also said that donations can be made to the Gary Sinise Foundation, which honors the nation's defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need.

Boothe is survived by his wife of nearly 50 years, Pam, and their two children.

I always liked him, especially in the original Red Dawn movie. He also went to Southwest Tex St., like myself.

I liked the movie with Nick Nolte where he was the Mexican drug lord....

"I love this country(Mexico)...a man can get away with anything as long as he keeps paying his friends"

Dang this sucks to hear. Pretty much every role I can think of that he played, he did a great job!! It would be hard pressed for me to think of a more signature role he played than Curley Bill though.

The very definition of "character" actor. More character than almost all in today's Hollyweird.
His rendition of Curly Bill was played to the hilt, nearly perfect. He played so flawlessly, just a great fit.
RIP!
Hook'em
ou sux
Oh crap, my age...

I've used his "Well,,,,bye..." every time it was appropriate and I liked his part in "Red Dawn."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT