Baker Mayfield - OU, 1st Round
Connor Williams - Texas, 2nd Round
James Washington - OSU, 2nd Round
Mason Rudolph - OSU, 3rd Round
Malik Jefferson - Texas, 3rd Round
Orlando Brown - OU, 3rd Round
Mark Andrews - OU, 3rd Round
Joseph Noteboom - TCU, 3rd Round

That would make sense if Texas could sign 25 of them. Baker was a no star and he has 3 big 12 rings. Stars are for dreaming, unless it’s a franchise player. Connie Williams 3 Star was a better player than Malik Jefferson a 5 Star. Alabama offers 3 stars as well.
You make no sense.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
That would make sense if Texas could sign 25 of them. Baker was a no star and he has 3 big 12 rings. Stars are for dreaming, unless it’s a franchise player. Connie Williams 3 Star was a better player than Malik Jefferson a 5 Star. Alabama offers 3 stars as well.

Connie Williams??

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
The cowgirls have just solidified their offensive line for the next 3 years. They bout to run over muh fuggas.

The cowgirls have just solidified their offensive line for the next 3 years. They bout to run over muh fuggas.
Unfortunately, the defense is still playing cowgirlish. I sure hope there is some serious improvement this fall.

I'm not certain but I think this is the first time the Dallas Cowboys have a drafted player from UT. Before anyone says Leonard Davis he was signed as a free agent.

I read that Bob Lilly announced his name. My favorite Dallas Cowboy of all time is and will always be Bob Lilly.

Unfortunately, the defense is still playing cowgirlish. I sure hope there is some serious improvement this fall.

Huh? The Dallas defense was actually pretty good last year. They finished #8 in total defense in the NFL. The Cowboys do need help at DT, LB and more depth in the secondary though.

Huh? The Dallas defense was actually pretty good last year. They finished #8 in total defense in the NFL. The Cowboys do need help at DT, LB and more depth in the secondary though.
You are right. I didn't realize they played that well last year. I am just used to Dallas being average and below average the last few years.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I'm not certain but I think this is the first time the Dallas Cowboys have a drafted player from UT. Before anyone says Leonard Davis he was signed as a free agent.

I read that Bob Lilly announced his name. My favorite Dallas Cowboy of all time is and will always be Bob Lilly.
I think I remember them drafting Wayne Mcgarity a few years ago but forgot spelling his name.Jones has never been a fan of Texas players.His group of Arkansas players had a song they would sang after beating Texas," we don't give a damn about the whole state of Texas,were from Arkansas".This would explain his state of mind when firing Tom Landry,Texas grad. Today,add Geoff Swaim,TE playing for Cowboys Now,

Last edited:
There were almost five times as many murders in the U.S. as in Honduras last year. Honduras must be the safer country.

The draft is about quality. Out of the top 32 players selected, more of them were considered lower quality coming out of high school but developed into better pro prospects at the highest level.

Its not the same thing.

The draft is about quality. Out of the top 32 players selected, more of them were considered lower quality coming out of high school but developed into better pro prospects at the highest level.

Its not the same thing.
I only count 5 first rounders who didn't go to big name football programs. NC State, Wyoming, UTSA, San Diego State and Maryland are not big time schools. The other 27 guys went to big time/name programs. If anything I think the guys making internet lists are not qualified.
I'd rather have a 3 star with offers from Georgia, LSU, Florida State, Alabama & Texas than a 4 star with less an offer list.

Think of Vernon Jackson last year. Long term Alabama commit 3 star. When he ended up staying home Texas & A&M were both all over him. Or the DT from Katy, Moro Ojomo was a 3 star with commitable offers from Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, A&M, Notre Dame etc....
All 3 stars are not created equal. If multiple big time schools want a kid, who cares what he is rated by some internet dork. A lot of these ratings are made to get clicks, subscribers. Big time offers are the best indicator, not subscriber based internet lists.

on Radio,Holton Hill tested four times for drug abuse,not good on resume for NFL and frankly any job.
Is it weed or something worse? Hard to believe someone would declare early then not skip drugs for a couple months. Makes you wonder how he got into school (and stayed eligible). Hopefully, he is just wildly immature.

Its not the same thing.

I didn't say it was exactly the same. The point was simply that highlighting raw numbers while ignoring percentages tells us nothing useful.

Reactions: mm42
I didn't say it was exactly the same. The point was simply that highlighting raw numbers while ignoring percentages tells us nothing useful.

Right. Star ratings aren't the ultimate arbiter. But it's TRUE that if your classes are loaded with 4 and 5 stars your program is probably going to be very good.

Right. Star ratings aren't the ultimate arbiter. But it's TRUE that if your classes are loaded with 4 and 5 stars your program is probably going to be very good.

That's the point I was making from the beginning with my sarcastic reply to Okie Abe Simpson above, so maybe we're misreading each other.

Michael Dickson went to Seattle in the fifth round.

Deshon Elliott went to Baltimore in the sixth round.

Earl Thomas is with Seattle. And Michael will be playing for a great, albeit flaky, coach. It wasn't that long ago since the Seahawks won the SB. And Seattle is a beautiful, happening city. Good for you Michael.

The Ravens are close to being a playoff team. From what I've read they've had a fantastic draft. They drafted Heisman winner Lamar Jackson. And Justin Tucker, the best kicker in the NFL, is on the Ravens. I'm sure he'll reach out to Deshon cause he seems to that kind of guy. Here's to hoping that Deshon will respond positively.

4 players drafted. Second, third, fifth, and sixth rounds. Not great but sadly this is as good as we've had lately. Here's to hoping that Coach Herman will change that real soon.

Hookemhorns

I had a rather interesting weekend involving the NFL draft that I’d just as soon forget about after I collect the additional monies due to me. I have a little weekend rental house here in NB and I rented it out to a college fb player that got drafted. The rental was for 8 people with the rules of the house being no parties and anyone else that comes over during their stay must be preapproved and they will be charged $25 per person visiting. Both Friday and Saturday night I drive up to my house to find it full, between 50 and 60 people.

To make matters worse, you had the typical hanger-oners of the drafted player acting like since he has money now, so do they. I ran them all off. Trash

Last edited:
I had a rather interesting weekend involving the NFL draft that I’d just as soon forget about after I collect the additional monies due to me. I have a little weekend rental house here in NB and I rented it out to a college fb player that got drafted. The rental was for 8 people with the rules of the house being no parties and anyone else that comes over during their stay must be preapproved and they will be charged $25 per person visiting. Both Friday and Saturday night I drive up to my house to find it full, between 50 and 60 people.

To make matters worse, you had the typical hanger-oners of the drafted player acting like since he has money now, so do they. I ran them all off. Trash

Who was said player?

Oh I know who it was............ I say that... I'm 99% sure I know who it was.

You probably shouldn't rent your house to someone who's about to be picked in the NFL draft next year. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most 21-year-olds in that situation are going to throw a party that will wake the dead.

You probably shouldn't rent your house to someone who's about to be picked in the NFL draft next year. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most 21-year-olds in that situation are going to throw a party that will wake the dead.
The agreement was 8 people are to be in my house, no more.

The agreement was 8 people are to be in my house, no more.

Yeah, I got that. The point was that I generally wouldn't expect a 21-year-old who's about to be selected in the NFL draft to abide by that particular term of the agreement.

Plus his entourage posted a video of their party in my house to the Seguin Gazette website on fb. So I got to see their party in full effect

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT