We're going to need a bigger boat

Longstang

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2007
With 20 commits in the books... and two plus weeks of data on the state of college football -- it appears to me that we have 6 to 7 spots left. A majority of our scholarships appear to be targeted at currently committed kids in sinking programs. Stepping back and looking at the bigger picture, it sure looks like our class will benefit from four tanking schools this year. Continual losses from OU, A&M, FSU, Michigan will make the coaches' job much easier. We just need Oregon to go into the ditch and we are set.

Positions Left on the Board (Rivals current 5 Stars Bolded)
  • WR (0 to 1) = Dakorien Moore (Oregon)... or to a lesser degree Marcus Harris (OU is Tanking)... or Andrew Marsh (Michigan Tanking)... or Kelshaun Johnson (A&M Tanking)... or Dylan McCutcheon (FSU Tanking).
  • TE (1) = Michael Terry (Uncommitted) or Kiotti Armstrong (A&M Tanking)
  • OT (0 to 1) = Michael Fasusi (OU Tanking)
  • DT (1) = D.J. Sanders (A&M Tanking) or Kevin Wynn (FSU Tanking)
  • DE (1) = Javion Hilson (FSU Tanking)
  • LB (1) = Madden Faraimo (Undecided) or Owusu-Boateng (Undecided)
  • DBs (Only 1 to 2 More Needed after a great class in '24) = Dorian Brew (Oregon) and possibly someone else below the current radar.
It sure looked a little grim in July - but if the right cards fall our way, we could be looking at landing some serious Blue Chip Whales (I realize the mixed metaphor with the Jaws title and Whale reference... but go with me on this) in the final few months. Who is realistic and who do we have a legitimate shot at with the list above?

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.