ADVERTISEMENT

What are the sports that would be easiest to become Olympic Caliber within 4 years?

Pho King Master

Inside the Yakk
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2004
Feel free to agree or disagree or add more. From watching the Olympics, these are the sports I've come up with:

Handball - This is a sport mostly played by middle age accountants and lawyers after work at their local sport clubs. While it does require running and some amount of hand/eye coordination, I believe the lack of competition for available spots would make it feasible.

BB Gun Shooting - I think if you bought a bb gun at Wal Mart and just carried it with you everywhere you go and practice shooting at random targets you could become Olympic Caliber. Your co worker has a bobble head on his desk 20 feet away. Practice shooting it until it becomes second nature. Practice shooting coke cans in the back yard. I mean I'm not convinced that Turkish dude wasn't a spectator until 5 minutes before the competition and he won a silver.

Speed Climbing - This one is a bit of a stretch, because it does look to be very difficult. My reason for including this is there can't be more than 50 people worldwide who are competitive speed climbers. Just devote 4 years of your life to get top 10ish and you are in.

Let me hear yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News