ADVERTISEMENT

Whats up MM?

A real disciplinarian would have booted Kris Boyd for tweeting about transferring at halftime of a beat down. Not saying I would have booted one of my more talented guys, just that a supreme disciplinarian would have.
Hire him back if you want. Maybe he really is as morally superior as you guys think. I'll shut up about it though; as I will never convince you guys he was just another coach, and you will never convince me of his moral superiority.

No one said he was morally superior. You came on here acting like we fell for some dog and pony show so we must be stupid. I asked you to prove how his values were "pretend" as if he never held his players accountable. All you did was skirt around after I called you out. He sucked at coaching period. Don't come on here acting like you know better and we don't. That's the only reason I said something.

.....and I agree he was not special about his core values. Many coaches have them. he was held up like some kind of superstar about it which I thought was stupid. It was like they were trying to find something about him to hang their hat on or something.
This is well put. I think we pretty much agree, you just did a better job then I did of explaining it. I will let it go.

This has gotten rediculous. Perhaps Strong didnt have a super star to boot but he did boot his BEST returning OL guy when he already knew he didnt have any to spare( even had to switch Dline guys to the offense just to be able to field a unit.

MM42...if you dont have anything of value to add why dont you just quit adding.We all agree that Charlie had to go. We all agree that we were sold a bill of goods....but not on the core values. What in hell is your point?

I'm not claiming Herman is Saban 2.0, and I am not saying he will suck. No one knows for sure, even Tom Herman himself.

I am 95% sure Herman will land somewhere between Mack and Charlie. If Herman has a 10 year run like Mack did, you guys should be super excited. Texas has had 3 great coaches: Bible, Royal and Brown - and around 25 other meh coaches. They have had a ton of Strongs, McWilliams, Mackovics, Akers, and other forgettable guys. I just can not for the life of me understand why some of you guys hate Mack. The fact he isn't considered a legend in Austin is beyond me. He is comparable to Bob Stoops, Jim Tressel, Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz or Phil Fulmer. He wasn't Nick Saban, Bobby Bowden, Urban Meyers, or Bear Bryant - but he was in the tier just below these guys. He was really, really good.

Whereas Charlie's teams scored 7 points and netted 59 yards of offense in bowls over his 3 years. He was historically bad. He was producing Iowa State results with Texas resources.
I was dumb enough to think he would hang around another year, due to PC BS. Boy was I disappointed.

let me answer this confusion for you....

because the majority of OB are armchair quarterbacks with small perspectives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT