ADVERTISEMENT

When you know you found the right chick--

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Ice has closed down SA today. So, I made a trip to the gun store (unannounced). I've been reading up on the brand new FN 5.7 MRD pistol. It's the newly remade version of the 30 year old original FN 5.7- and it is a BAD mamba jamba. 20 in the mag and 1 in the pipe and smoother than your nutsack when you were 7. Not only can you drive nails with it- you can drive finishing nails. Even got the Trijicon RMRCC micro red dot site to attach to it.
My heart was filled by 11am this morning.

As I spread my new toy out on the counter to bask in the glory of it- the door opens and someone is home from her office. She takes one look at my new procurement and is crestfallen.
"Uhhhh.... what's wrong" I ask as she sad eyes me and walks to her cubby office off the side of the kitchen area.
30 seconds later she emerges with a red envelope with my name on it.

It's a valentines day card. I open it. Inside the card I find a reserved and paid in full order for a new S&W 5.7 pistol...... that holds 22 in the mag 1 in the pipe, AND has a threaded barrel, AND a receipt for a Holosun 507c micro dot site.

"Well...... Happy Valentine's Day....."---

Looks like I need to head to Saks 5th Avenue....

If you're gonna make babies....that's the one to do it with....

Typical men always jumping on something without speaking to their significant other before they buy something (unless its for her). My wife would of killed me with the gun that is ordered. There are many videos of men buying things and telling whoever is recording shh don't tell my wife or your mom. It will come to a point where she won't buy you anything or surprise you cause you will just go get it yourself.

Typical men always jumping on something without speaking to their significant other before they buy something (unless its for her). My wife would of killed me with the gun that is ordered. There are many videos of men buying things and telling whoever is recording shh don't tell my wife or your mom. It will come to a point where she won't buy you anything or surprise you cause you will just go get it yourself.
Easier to ask forgiveness than to ask a woman for permission. That way, you still get what you wanted in the first place.

Like you chose her over others, choose the gift she got you and take the other back (or somehow make sure she knows it's #1...like her) And...yes...go to Saks 5th Avenue.

Like you chose her over others, choose the gift she got you and take the other back (or somehow make sure she knows it's #1...like her) And...yes...go to Saks 5th Avenue.
Silly Rabbit- I'm giving her the one I bought for home defense and keeping hers as my new official "FAFO" for my vehicle.
I love my SBR for home defense but she's not as versed in it. But she's hell on wheels with a pistol. So Ima trick this FN out like Halloween for her to keep as her go to in the house if we ever get an uninvited guest and I'm not around.

Ice has closed down SA today. So, I made a trip to the gun store (unannounced). I've been reading up on the brand new FN 5.7 MRD pistol. It's the newly remade version of the 30 year old original FN 5.7- and it is a BAD mamba jamba. 20 in the mag and 1 in the pipe and smoother than your nutsack when you were 7. Not only can you drive nails with it- you can drive finishing nails. Even got the Trijicon RMRCC micro red dot site to attach to it.
My heart was filled by 11am this morning.

As I spread my new toy out on the counter to bask in the glory of it- the door opens and someone is home from her office. She takes one look at my new procurement and is crestfallen.
"Uhhhh.... what's wrong" I ask as she sad eyes me and walks to her cubby office off the side of the kitchen area.
30 seconds later she emerges with a red envelope with my name on it.

It's a valentines day card. I open it. Inside the card I find a reserved and paid in full order for a new S&W 5.7 pistol...... that holds 22 in the mag 1 in the pipe, AND has a threaded barrel, AND a receipt for a Holosun 507c micro dot site.

"Well...... Happy Valentine's Day....."---

Looks like I need to head to Saks 5th Avenue....
As previously stated before, I have the mk2 with the Viridian 5xl cam. For xmas my wife surprised me with the new MRD FDE and Holosun 509. I read PSA has a new 5.7 with threaded barrel and holds 23+1 for $499. I also have the Ruger 57 for kicks but didn't know S&W came out with one. I may get that one instead and add the HE 507c with the Vulcan reticle. Ammo is also easier to come by as of late so been stocking up. Almost forgot, wife also got me the violin shaped Peak case for bday a couple of weeks ago. Holds 5 pistols and worth the buy.

Reactions: clob94
As previously stated before, I have the mk2 with the Viridian 5xl cam. For xmas my wife surprised me with the new MRD FDE and Holosun 509. I read PSA has a new 5.7 with threaded barrel and holds 23+1 for $499. I also have the Ruger 57 for kicks but didn't know S&W came out with one. I may get that one instead and add the HE 507c with the Vulcan reticle. Ammo is also easier to come by as of late so been stocking up. Almost forgot, wife also got me the violin shaped Peak case for bday a couple of weeks ago. Holds 5 pistols and worth the buy.
S&W haven't (technically) delivered them yet- but it will be any day now.

Reactions: GORME
Silly Rabbit- I'm giving her the one I bought for home defense and keeping hers as my new official "FAFO" for my vehicle.
I love my SBR for home defense but she's not as versed in it. But she's hell on wheels with a pistol. So Ima trick this FN out like Halloween for her to keep as her go to in the house if we ever get an uninvited guest and I'm not around.
Yours is a mucho better choice. But still go to Saks!

Update-

Go.
Now.
Run.
Go buy the new 5.7---
Either the FN or the S&W.
Remember as a kid playing Duck Hunter on Nintendo?
That's about how much recoil these new babies have. You getting old and having a tough time finding the T box at 30 meters?
These rigs will let you do T in upper AND lower case. I felt like Martin Riggs doing a smiley face in Lethal Weapon.
Seriously-- if you can operate a fvcking mouse clicker on your computer, you can handle one of these. Now-- don't go bat sh!t banana balls with the ammo. Even the cheap sh!t ain't cheap. But this literally takes "missing the target" due to recoil off the the table. And coming back onto target after the round goes down range is easy because...... well, there isn't any recoil. You dudes need to rent one and try it.

Reactions: GORME
Update-

Go.
Now.
Run.
Go buy the new 5.7---
Either the FN or the S&W.
Remember as a kid playing Duck Hunter on Nintendo?
That's about how much recoil these new babies have. You getting old and having a tough time finding the T box at 30 meters?
These rigs will let you do T in upper AND lower case. I felt like Martin Riggs doing a smiley face in Lethal Weapon.
Seriously-- if you can operate a fvcking mouse clicker on your computer, you can handle one of these. Now-- don't go bat sh!t banana balls with the ammo. Even the cheap sh!t ain't cheap. But this literally takes "missing the target" due to recoil off the the table. And coming back onto target after the round goes down range is easy because...... well, there isn't any recoil. You dudes need to rent one and try it.
What's the best price for one of these? I need to get one. How much and where to buy the ammunition?

What's the best price for one of these? I need to get one. How much and where to buy the ammunition?

The ammo varies based on the round.

They can be as low as 75 cents a round and as high as a buck fifty.

I want the FN. Where can I find it for $750?
Don't be fooled- the new FN is a bad mutha. But I'm telling you, the S&W is no joke. Plus, it has a threaded barrel. So you can hush puppy that fvcker and your HOA will never know.

PSA announcement.

For those that want to help me test out my new 5.7-- you can volunteer to break in my house. I'll give you the address. @danhorn ..... you want to volunteer? Or maybe you know some other 9.95ers that are game..?

Gents-- the 5.7 Trident rounds are insane. Pure insanity. I put one through a hog last weekend and basically gutted it. That bullet hits, penetrates, tumbles, breaks in two, keeps velocity, and creates a wound cavity like I've never seen before. It is a wickedly dangerous round. It's got zero recoil. Most accurate pistol I've ever fired. I'm in lust.

PSA announcement.

For those that want to help me test out my new 5.7-- you can volunteer to break in my house. I'll give you the address. @danhorn ..... you want to volunteer? Or maybe you know some other 9.95ers that are game..?

Gents-- the 5.7 Trident rounds are insane. Pure insanity. I put one through a hog last weekend and basically gutted it. That bullet hits, penetrates, tumbles, breaks in two, keeps velocity, and creates a wound cavity like I've never seen before. It is a wickedly dangerous round. It's got zero recoil. Most accurate pistol I've ever fired. I'm in lust.
Did you end up keeping the FN or SW? It appears they are both good. Some reviews say the SW has even less recoil than the FN. The only drawbacks I've encountered on the SW vs FN is the fact that the SW 57 is new and has no support history. Also, some don't like the threaded barrel because it makes concealed carry a bit harder. A plus, the SW is slimmer than the FN. Do you cc the SW?

Did you end up keeping the FN or SW? It appears they are both good. Some reviews say the SW has even less recoil than the FN. The only drawbacks I've encountered on the SW vs FN is the fact that the SW 57 is new and has no support history. Also, some don't like the threaded barrel because it makes concealed carry a bit harder. A plus, the SW is slimmer than the FN. Do you cc the SW?
I kept them both. I tricked out the FN to keep in the house for her to use as pp. I love the 5.7 threaded because I can put a quiet-can on it (though I haven't yet) and walk around my back yard ridding it of possum. I put the Holosun on the FN and the Trijicon on the S&W.
I'm aware the S&W has no service history but the M&P platform does- and this was built on that platform.
I still keep the G19 in the vehicle at all times but I'm still carrying the G43 on my person. Let's be honest- there's a reason the guys with the toughest job in the military- SOF- are switching over to the Glock platform. It's because the fvckin thing will always work. Always. No matter what. Drown it, fill it with sand, mud, drive over it, microwave it, use it to hammer finishing nails- the damn thing is going to shoot. It's the AK47 of pistols. If Glock ever makes a 5.7 I'll buy that fvcker too. But right now, that G43 and some "fvck you, that's why" 9mm bullets, will get the job done.

What's the grain on your 9mm bullets and type? I have a 147 grain HP in mine and my wife's 124 grain HP she has a smaller 9.

Last edited:
Does anybody know anything about the Ruger 57? A guy I know needs some cash and has one. A lot of info out there on the FN and the S&W but not hearing much on the Ruger version.

Does anybody know anything about the Ruger 57? A guy I know needs some cash and has one. A lot of info out there on the FN and the S&W but not hearing much on the Ruger version.
From what I've seen, read, heard, and fired- it isn't a bad platform. Now obviously the original FN wasn't perfect-- by no means. @GuaranteedFresh! can probably tell you every single glitch with that weapon as it made its debut in 2000-- right about the time he was coming into his own trade. It had a sh!t trigger pull (from what I recall and have heard) and the original rounds made by the Belgians were super hot and wild. (Tough to keep on target as the barrel heated up)
But I had a very limited experience.
When Ruger came out with their 5.7- FN was already at the drawing board trying to make improvements on their original model. Ruger has a reputation of making decent weapons- a long reputation. But at the end of the day- they've had probably about as many "hits" as "misses". The 5.7 was a VERY exclusive market-- and Ruger just dove right in. Will there be some hiccups long term for them?
Maybe.

Only time will tell.

I decided to go with the FN version 2 because---- well-- they were version 1.... so they had experience. S&W did their version but they were smart. They used a tried and true platform to introduce their 5.7 version---- The M&P platform. One of the most reliable semi-auto platforms of the 21st century.
I'll tell you now- I've fired all 3. The FN is VERY nice. Smooth. But European designers get in the way sometimes and make sh!t more complicated than it needs to be.
The Ruger is a nice weapon. But the platform has no history.
The S&W-- for the dollar-- best value pound for pound. Plus-- it has a threaded barrel. Yes, I get it, you really can't conceal carry with it even though it's slim. But at the end of the day- if I have to shoot you at 50+ yards in the T box to put you down- maybe I shouldn't be shooting at all......

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT