ADVERTISEMENT

Where are You From?

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Are you a Texan or Think you are one? or are you a Yankee trying to blend in?

Hook'em

This post was edited on 2/17 4:06 AM by FlourBluffHorn

Born and reared in Hamlin, TX. Johnny "Ham" Jones was a good friend of mine, though I'm a few years older. Loved to watch him and Earl play on the 40.

Tulsa, OK currently.

I have lived in Texas and really enjoyed it.

But I am an Okie. Which means I have 12 toes, I guess.
wink.r191677.gif

I was born in Cleburne, Texas, Home of Pat Culpepper, David McWilliams and Tim Doerr, spent most of my years in Austin Texas, started at Travis Heights way back, went to old Fulmore Jr High and they had Fire Escape slides back then and UJH by the stadium and then finally 1 yr at Lamar Jr high then McCallum High then Vietnam High..been in Corpus Christi 26 yrs now, I mean( Flour Bluff, Texas)..

Hook'em

This post was edited on 2/17 10:06 AM by FlourBluffHorn

This post was edited on 2/17 10:13 AM by FlourBluffHorn

Born in odessa texas. But really I'm from my daddy's nutsack and my momma's va-jayjay.

Born in Odessa, Texas grew up in Pecos, Texas my friend growing up was on the 05 team. But moved to Grand Prairie, Texas for high school and reside here now.

Hook Em
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Born in Ada, Oklahoma. I've been living in Ft. Worth, Tex since 1962.
So, I have nothing but good things to say about the state of Texas, great
place to live.

Born in Muleshoe, Texas, grew up in Amarillo, school at UT, then on to Seattle, now living in indianapolis.

Originally posted by Scholz:
Midland, TX. Oil country. West siiiiiiiiide.
Why do I picture you picketing around an oil rig tryna save some damn lizard. Lol.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

4th generation Texan from Kingsville in South Texas....moved to Pampa when I was 4 and moved back to Kingsville when I was 10....been mostly in San Antonio since 1978.

Originally posted by Metcalf #2:

Originally posted by Scholz:
Midland, TX. Oil country. West siiiiiiiiide.
Why do I picture you picketing around an oil rig tryna save some damn lizard. Lol.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I laughed. Played little league on the same fields as George W.

Born and raised and lived in San Antonio till 2003. Lived in Midland for one year, have lived in Sacramento for 11 years now. SA and Sac.have some things in common. Land Park and King William look alike and both places are good towns to raise a family.

These responses confirm what I experienced growing up. No Longhorns in East Texas - surrounded by Aggies and the FFA. Nacogdoches Golden Dragons, home of Damian James and Clint Dempsey.

I'm from Grapevine, Texas, born in a Hospital in Ft Worth - living since 1961 in Houston. The best I can tell from what Sis says
( she does the Graveyard shtick, Ancestry, etc., etc.) they came to Texas from Tennessee, late 19th Century after the Civil War. No big history names, just cannon fodder. I was at the funeral of a 1st Cousin last week in Grapevine. Sis showed me one of my Great Grandmothers back three generations who was buried in the Grapevine Cemetery. A lot of my senior Family is in that Cemetery - GrandParents, Mother, Father, Uncles, Aunts, etc., etc.

I was TXSFRED even before I saw #60 Tommy Nobis play for Coach Darrell Royal and that made me a Longhorn Tee Shirt Fan.

Semper
Fi,

TxsFred

This post was edited on 2/17 3:44 PM by TXSFRED

T for Texas, T for Tennessee

I reside two miles north of Cowboy stadium(AT&T) and Texas Ranger ballpark in Arlington,Texas and have been here majority of my life.Horn fan as far back as I can remember.

clob94 posted on 2/17/2015...
Born in odessa texas. But really I'm from my daddy's nutsack and my momma's va-jayjay.

Did you play for Mojo?

I'm from the same sandbox. Havent lived there in a long time though. West Texas baby!

RoboCocks21 posted on 2/17/2015...
Born in Odessa, Texas grew up in Pecos, Texas my friend growing up was on the 05 team. But moved to Grand Prairie, Texas for high school and reside here now.

Hook Em

I was long gone from Pecos when you graduated. The Eagles....Lets go War Birds!!

Grew up in DeSoto, Tx, long before it was producing D-1 talent. I now live in the tri-cities area of Tn.

Born in Austin, lived there until 3rd grade, moved to Pflugerville, finished school, a couple years after moved to big ol' Rockdale and work at one of the power plants over here. So glad and proud to be a Texan. Hook'em.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Tx Fred....anyone privilidged enough to watch Nobis play should be able to root for whomever they want. However they want and screw anyone else. that man was a once in a lifetime player.

Originally posted by txn_in_wa:
Born in Muleshoe, Texas, grew up in Amarillo, school at UT, then on to Seattle, now living in indianapolis.
I be damned. For some reason I was under the impression this whole time that you hailed from Uranus.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by diadevic:

These responses confirm what I experienced growing up. No Longhorns in East Texas - surrounded by Aggies and the FFA. Nacogdoches Golden Dragons, home of Damian James and Clint Dempsey.
I'm from East Texas, and UT fans are deep in East Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT