ADVERTISEMENT

Why no comments on the new CFP proposal?

If Texas would have hired Briles right after Mack , you’d have 2 or 3 additional NC’s right now and all would be forgiven.
No we wouldn't have. The Art Briles era was all about offense. Defense, special teams were something somebody else did. Remember all those basketball scores in Baylor games? The man floated the idea of not punting at all. And his teams were good for at least 7 penalties a game. In short Matt Rhule was everything Briles was not. The only other thing Briles cared about was uniforms do you remember those uniforms Baylor wore? If he tried that at TX he would have been shot.

If Texas would have hired Briles right after Mack , you’d have 2 or 3 additional NC’s right now and all would be forgiven.
Rediculous assessment and insulting. The powers in charge at the time knew he was trouble waiting to happen. He was a clown playing the clown. Regents and committee saw it coming. I give them credit for not falling for his BS. If they wanted him they would have hired him, period. Sounds fun to discuss what ifs but I doubt he’d done anything different at Texas than he did at Baylor only to stain our great The University.

While we’re on the subject of Briles, two of my kids attended and graduated from Baylor during the Briles era. I paid a lot of money for an education and heritage at a Great university that was spoiled by the embarrassment of just being a student during Briles run.

While we’re on the subject of Briles, two of my kids attended and graduated from Baylor during the Briles era. I paid a lot of money for an education and heritage at a Great university that was spoiled by the embarrassment of just being a student during Briles run.
Anyone in TX who doesn't know that Baylor is a topnotch is foolish. Anyone who equates the students, especially the coeds, with fb players like Shawn Oakman is ignorant.

If I told each and everyone one of you that OU was going to win it all in 2021 would that help things?
Bell....I guess if you say it every year, one year you might be right. I do agree that this year is your best chance in years and years.....but that doesnt make it a slam dunk by any means. You do have a great shot at the Heisman with Rattler, but your defense is as yet unproven.....Maybe, just maybe Riley wont fold up in bowl games like Big Game Bob...

Just laying out how it should be.

Here's why---

Every year your champion comes out of the power 5, and 99% of them have won their conference. I think 1 time a team that didn't win its conference, won.

So 5 from the P5 Champs.

The little guy never gets a shot. So-- Let's make college football a little more democratic. If you've got a non P5 in the top 10, they're in. It gives a boost to the small schools and makes it to where a small school COULD become a big enough name to move up in the world. And who knows, one day the little guy MIGHT pull off an upset. Just think of the TV ratings from Boise st vs Oklahoma.

The two other bids--

Independants- BYU, ND, Army etc-- weak schedule or not, if they run the table or finish in the top 10, they're in. But only 1. If ND is ranked 9 and BYU 10, ND gets in.

Final bid-- wild card.

Let's say undefeated Alabama beats undefeated Georgia in the SEC championship by 1 point in triple over time. The wild card bid can go to Georgia because, well, they deserve it.
Or, a heavily favored team that's undefeated loses in it's conference championship game to a 7-5 team because the better team has 6 starters on offense out because of food poisoning. 7-5 team beats them by a FG but everybody knows if those 6 kids weren't sick, it would have been a whipping.

This is the way.
Dang son, what is so hard to understand that you can't get in if you're not allowed in? CFB shouldn't be about the power5 and the power 5 only. For this reason, imo, the committee is shit and I knew it from day one. Sure the pansies got stomped from the weaker conferences throughout history but quite a few broke through, AP made sure of this. The committee has squeezed the chances out of the smaller programs for the power5 since their takeover. College football is a contradiction like our government. Institutes of higher learning recruiting players who can't even read or write, criminal history, tendencies, for the game? I'm picturing the horns on the melons of the NFL owners, the committees' and Goodell's. 😁

Dang son, what is so hard to understand that you can't get in if you're not allowed in? CFB shouldn't be about the power5 and the power 5 only. For this reason, imo, the committee is shit and I knew it from day one. Sure the pansies got stomped from the weaker conferences throughout history but quite a few broke through, AP made sure of this. The committee has squeezed the chances out of the smaller programs for the power5 since their takeover. College football is a contradiction like our government. Institutes of higher learning recruiting players who can't even read or write, criminal history, tendencies, for the game? I'm picturing the horns on the melons of the NFL owners, the committees' and Goodell's. 😁
And in my example, a small school has a chance to get in every year. How's that not fair?

Bell....I guess if you say it every year, one year you might be right. I do agree that this year is your best chance in years and years.....but that doesnt make it a slam dunk by any means. You do have a great shot at the Heisman with Rattler, but your defense is as yet unproven.....Maybe, just maybe Riley wont fold up in bowl games like Big Game Bob...
Too early for me to say how good we are. I want to see how the wr’s progress thru the fall because we need some players to step up consistently. Also interested in the rb position. Brooks is back but I’m not expecting a whole heck of a lot from players that elected to sit out last year, same goes with Redmond on defense. Speaking of defense, I’m not opposed to defunding the police around Norman during the off-season, some of our players seem to seek them out.

I will say that to date, none of Riley’s teams have quit during a game etc. like some of Stoops did. But Riley is a millennial so he does not like to be rude and step on the other teams neck when he has them down so watching a Riley led team can be bad for the heart at times.

Last edited:
Rediculous assessment and insulting. The powers in charge at the time knew he was trouble waiting to happen. He was a clown playing the clown. Regents and committee saw it coming. I give them credit for not falling for his BS. If they wanted him they would have hired him, period. Sounds fun to discuss what ifs but I doubt he’d done anything different at Texas than he did at Baylor only to stain our great The University.
Briles was/is a dang good coach. Look at the talent he was amassing on offense at Baylor. I can only imagine what he could have done at Texas.

Frankly Bell....much as I hate to say it, OU seems to always come up with very good WR's and RB's for that matter.
That business about stepping on the other teams neck when you have the chance was a quality I always envied in Stoops.....and was always pissed at Mack for not doing it.DKR would do that with track shoes on

At any rate, this year is awaited with great anticipation by me. I suspect y'all are feeling the same way.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Frankly Bell....much as I hate to say it, OU seems to always come up with very good WR's and RB's for that matter.
That business about stepping on the other teams neck when you have the chance was a quality I always envied in Stoops.....and was always pissed at Mack for not doing it.DKR would do that with track shoes on

At any rate, this year is awaited with great anticipation by me. I suspect y'all are feeling the same way.
Tom Herman had the same problem. He almost gave away a dominating win over OU because of it. That was the moment I first started getting sick of Tom.

Briles was/is a dang good coach. Look at the talent he was amassing on offense at Baylor. I can only imagine what he could have done at Texas.
Keep imagining. It didn’t happen. And his recruitment standards for quality individuals on average were highly questionable. Look, the whole Baylor organization took a hit thanks to Briles’ policies that were overlooked for the sake of winning. So you’re saying he should be glorified instead? A man that was highly paid to be a leader of men and ended up tearing down the whole Baylor organization from President (Starr), his AD (now at Liberty?) down to his whole coaching staff (including his own damn son). C’mon man, what are you trying to say?

Keep imagining. It didn’t happen. And his recruitment standards for quality individuals on average were highly questionable. Look, the whole Baylor organization took a hit thanks to Briles’ policies that were overlooked for the sake of winning. So you’re saying he should be glorified instead? A man that was highly paid to be a leader of men and ended up tearing down the whole Baylor organization from President (Starr), his AD (now at Liberty?) down to his whole coaching staff (including his own damn son). C’mon man, what are you trying to say?
That UT has a lot more white girls than Baylor does. Imagine what could have been.

Last edited:
Let's just have 16 teams! How about 32??? Hell, just one big freaking tournament of 128!

4 is a good number. 6 would be okay. 8 is getting into a number where teams won't schedule any tough non-conference games.
I don't think that's the case. 4 teams means no margin for error. 8 teams means that you can afford to lose a big match up in pre-season, and still run the table. Think about it, you're going to have 2 loss teams in this thing.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I have some good ideas about the playoffs. First thing is I want is complete unchecked power I won't answer to anyone.

With that in place I will get unlimited support from the DoJ. But I won't stop there I will also bring in a goon squad I'm talking about guys who were at Pelican Bay. You probably think San Quentin is the worst prison in CA. Wrong. Take it from @outhereincali it's not. They only have the death row inmates at SQ the really bad ones are at PB.

With my legal team and goons in place my first stop will be to go to SEC headquarters wherever that is. We will barge into Greg Sankey's office no politely knocking on the door crap with me. He will face intense interrogation from my legal team and if he still doesn't cooperate the goon squad will make sure he does. Also we will obtain Mike Slive's confidential files. Coercion my a** do you or do you not want to know how much the SEC has been getting away with the last 20 years? With the necessary information we will travel to visit the crooked recruits. A lot of them think they're street tough but they won't be once they see my Pelican Bay crew. Once this happens the players will start ratting out other players on other teams that's what happened in the SWC in the 80's.

But I won't stop there. We travel to the Pac XII kickoff luncheon next month. We will gather the Pac XII coaches in a small room and tell them they have 1 month to get it together on the football field. My legal team will let Clay Helton and David Shaw know we got the goods on their involvement in the admissions scandals at SC and ST. We will also let them know the squad will be on the sidelines for all the big non con games involving the Pac XII this year. We will also threaten Phil Knight and his wife and let them know what will happen to them if they don't stop making the fb team wearing those awful uniforms. Because I am a compassionate man and a Mormon I will let the squad know that Kyle Whittingham is off limits.

My last trip will be to Austin, TX. My legal team and goon squad will corner Sarkisian and his staff in a small room and give it to them straight. The ol will have no more than 1 penalty a game and absolutely no more personal fouls go that Kerstetter? I will let Blake Gideon know that I love him for what he brought to the field when he played for us but he and Terry Joseph BETTER start teaching the db' how to run downhill and turn their heads around at the same time. I mean even TT's dbs can do that. My final stop will be with Hartzell, Del Conte, Sarkisian, Eitfl, and the rest of the billionaires, who think that know how to coach a fb team. My legal team will let them know they now know who made those nasty comments in the Austin Chronicle last summer. I mean have you ever seen Eitfl? Good grief Sarkisian's wife is taller than he is. And they will know in no uncertain terms that Hartzell, Del Conte, and Sarkisian will have the final say in all matters regarding the fb team.

So there you have it you're probably thinking is all this necessary cali? Yes it is and I will personally break up the SEC monopoly. I mean even their fans know they cheat. And now that I think about it the cow college must be cheating again you don't think they finished 4th on their own do you? H*** no wonder they joined the SEC.

It'll take a couple of years but by 2023 the SEC monopoly will be be crushed. Next year I will start in on the ACC, the Big X, and the university without sin remember Tank Mcnamara? And yes we will stay at 4 teams wont be any need for expansion with me in charge.

***Yes this is all meant to be funny I think Dan Jenkins would be proud of this***

and always remember HookemHorns.

Last edited:
I have some good ideas about the playoffs. First thing is I want is complete unchecked power I won't answer to anyone.

With that in place I will get unlimited support from the DoJ. But I won't stop there I will also bring in a goon squad I'm talking about guys who were at Pelican Bay. You probably think San Quentin is the worst prison in CA. Wrong. Take it from @outhereincali it's not. They only have the death row inmates at SQ the really bad ones are at PB.

With my legal team and goons in place my first stop will be to go to SEC headquarters wherever that is. We will barge into Greg Sankey's office no politely knocking on the door crap with me. He will face intense interrogation from my legal team and if he still doesn't cooperate the goon squad will make sure he does. Also we will obtain Mike Slive's confidential files. Coercion my a** do you or do you not want to know how much the SEC has been getting away with the last 20 years? With the necessary information we will travel to visit the crooked recruits. A lot of them think they're street tough but they won't be once they see my Pelican Bay crew. Once this happens the players will start ratting out other players on other teams that's what happened in the SWC in the 80's.

But I won't stop there. We travel to the Pac XII kickoff luncheon next month. We will gather the Pac XII coaches in a small room and tell them they have 1 month to get it together on the football field. My legal team will let Clay Helton and David Shaw know we got the goods on their involvement in the admissions scandals at SC and ST. We will also let them know the squad will be on the sidelines for all the big non con games involving the Pac XII this year. We will also threaten Phil Knight and his wife and let them know what will happen to them if they don't stop making the fb team wearing those awful uniforms. Because I am a compassionate man and a Mormon I will let the squad know that Kyle Whittingham is off limits.

My last trip will be to Austin, TX. My legal team and goon squad will corner Sarkisian and his staff in a small room and give it to them straight. The ol will have no more than 1 penalty a game and absolutely no more personal fouls go that Kerstetter? I will let Blake Gideon know that I love him for what he brought to the field when he played for us but he and Terry Joseph BETTER start teaching the db' how to run downhill and turn their heads around at the same time. I mean even TT's dbs can do that. My final stop will be with Hartzell, Del Conte, Sarkisian, Eitfl, and the rest of the billionaires, who think that know how to coach a fb team. My legal team will let them know they now know who made those nasty comments in the Austin Chronicle last summer. I mean have you ever seen Eitfl? Good grief Sarkisian's wife is taller than he is. And they will know in no uncertain terms that Hartzell, Del Conte, and Sarkisian will have the final say in all matters regarding the fb team.

So there you have it you're probably thinking is all this necessary cali? Yes it is and I will personally break up the SEC monopoly. I mean even their fans know they cheat. And now that I think about it the cow college must be cheating again you don't think they finished 4th on their own do you? H*** no wonder they joined the SEC.

It'll take a couple of years but by 2023 the SEC monopoly will be be crushed. Next year I will start in on the ACC, the Big X, and the university without sin remember Tank Mcnamara? And yes we will stay at 4 teams wont be any need for expansion with me in charge.

***Yes this is all meant to be funny I think Dan Jenkins would be proud of this***

Tell us more about your time spent at Pelican Bay. Had no idea you were a shot caller back in the day

At some point in time we will probably have a system similar to basketball, perhaps with fewer teams but at least 16 and possibly 32. It is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

I think 12 is good. Covers all the bases. Makes a hell of lot more excitement for the respective fan base ($$$) for games/bowls at the end of the season that none of us would care to watch otherwise. And maybe one of the hot teams finds their way to the final four instead of playing in the tire.com bowl.

But Cali will all that work get the Horns in the CFP?

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Today the flood gates have opened, Thursday is the first day that student-athletes can receive money from the notoriety they gain on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT