ADVERTISEMENT

Word from reliable source

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 3 consecutive plays he had 2 pics and a fumble. We fell behind by 21 points. Why are we the only team in the Big XII that glad trouble beating KS. I mean we're the Longhorns.
No argument from me on this one. I agree. However, I didn't hear any acknowledgement on my point about our defense from you.

Ewars could run down the drag with his hair on fair and his pecker hanging out and he'd still be the starting QB in the fall.

Reactions: Hookedonit
On 3 consecutive plays he had 2 pics and a fumble. We fell behind by 21 points. Why are we the only team in the Big XII that glad trouble beating KS. I mean we're the Longhorns.
The last game he played was that WV game and he almost brought us back but hurt his ankle on that second to last drive. It's just dumb to give up on a guy after 2 to 3 bad games in his redshirt freshman year. I think Ewers is going to win the job but I wouldn't count Card out just yet. I think you forget how much Colt really struggled his first year. He just had the luxury of having a really good defense.

A reliable source told me that the world is going to come to an end in 2026.

For his own sake, Sark better get it right on this one. Last year was a major fail. If the QB whisperer can't get a starting QB right, why is he even here.
even Sark could not make chicken salad out of chicken shit.....simple GIGO effect....

For his own sake, Sark better get it right on this one. Last year was a major fail. If the QB whisperer can't get a starting QB right, why is he even here.
At least let him get a guy in there that he recruited. His track record with QBs is about as good any anybody in the country. Even at Washington he took Jake Locker and molded him into a top 10 draft pick.

No argument from me on this one. I agree. However, I didn't hear any acknowledgement on my point about our defense from you.
I'm with you 100 about our defense. Hopefully the coaches will come to their senses and bench some of our front 7 that don't have what it takes to play big time college fb.

And isn't it obvious that our team will be dominated by freshman and sophomores this year?

I'm with you 100 about our defense. Hopefully the coaches will come to their senses and bench some of our front 7 that don't have what it takes to play big time college fb.

And isn't it obvious that our team will be dominated by freshman and sophomores this year?
The offense is going to have upwards of 6 underclassmen starting. But the defense is actually going to consist of a bunch of upper classmen. Here's what the depth chart looks like. Of course there will be some young guys that are part of the rotation.

He got it right last year. Casey was the best guy and he played fairly well till he banged up his hand. The reality is though he has limited talent., and the offense was limited to an extent by not having a legit 2nd option opposite worthy. That won’t be a problem this year.

The offense is going to have upwards of 6 underclassmen starting. But the defense is actually going to consist of a bunch of upper classmen. Here's what the depth chart looks like. Of course there will be some young guys that are part of the rotation.

There is no way that Luke Brockemeyer will start this year. The last game of the year is against Baylor. By then there's no telling how many freshmen will be starting on the ol.

There is no way that Luke Brockemeyer will start this year. The last game of the year is against Baylor. By then there's no telling how many freshmen will be starting on the ol.
Either way the 2 guys behind him are Ford and Jett are both upper classmen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say both Campbell and Banks start at some point in the year.

He got it right last year. Casey was the best guy and he played fairly well till he banged up his hand. The reality is though he has limited talent., and the offense was limited to an extent by not having a legit 2nd option opposite worthy. That won’t be a problem this year.
Yes and no. Casey was definiitely the right guy by a long shot, but he opted for the freshman Card, remember?

Yes and no. Casey was definiitely the right guy by a long shot, but he opted for the freshman Card, remember?
I don't think it was by a long shot personally. Card looked really good in that first game of the year. And he pulled Card pretty quick in that Arkansas game. Sometimes it's hard to get a read on guys in practice and there was really no game film from either guy from the previous years.

I wasn't a big fan of Casey's though to be honest. He was way to inconsistent and turned the ball over at the worst times. It seemed like he would come out great in the first and second quarters and then when team made adjustments at halftime he would struggle to get things going in the 2nd half.

He did, but I can’t blame him for playing the more physically talented guy. He reversed course pretty quick when he saw it wasn’t gonna work.

I wonder if Quinn Ewers has a sense of entitlement, an inflated view of himself although the latter might be premature.

As soon as NIL was announced Quinn Ewers decided to graduate early to heck with his teammates. He enrolls at tOSU and give him credit he negotiated a heck of deal for himself. He doesn't play a down and decides to transfer and enroll at Texas. I wonder if he knew all along that he wasn't going to beat out CJ Stroud. But now he has a lot of money. So he's been here a few months and now drives an Aston Martin. And he's done all of this at 18 years old.,

But he still hasn't played a down. We really don't know what kind of attitude he has. I have a lot of doubts about him we'll find out in September.
if ewers had been at osu in january he would've beaten out stroud last year. i saw stroud early last year and that dude sucked. but at the end of the game, he had great stats because garrett wilson and that other first round pick whose name escapes me, as well as the rb they still have, kept making great play after great play. i said "watch, by the end of the year they will be hyping stroud for the heisman." i watched again, and he still sucked, but sure enough that heisman train was on the tracks. then i watched the michigan game, and he absolutely melted down. go ahead, tell me about all the stats, but i know what i saw. now, he was a freshman and he might get better. but i suspect we got the better player. i don't think a sense of entitlement is what made ewers leave osu or slc or whatever... those were business decisions. qbs in the nfl get 30mil a year now. for him to hold a clipboard for political reasons or loyalty to good ol' state U is stupid.

and there's not a high schooler alive that wouldn't give up a year of high school ball for a million dollars. so cut out that nonsense.

if ewers had been at osu in january he would've beaten out stroud last year. i saw stroud early last year and that dude sucked. but at the end of the game, he had great stats because garrett wilson and that other first round pick whose name escapes me, as well as the rb they still have, kept making great play after great play. i said "watch, by the end of the year they will be hyping stroud for the heisman." i watched again, and he still sucked, but sure enough that heisman train was on the tracks. then i watched the michigan game, and he absolutely melted down. go ahead, tell me about all the stats, but i know what i saw. now, he was a freshman and he might get better. but i suspect we got the better player. i don't think a sense of entitlement is what made ewers leave osu or slc or whatever... those were business decisions. qbs in the nfl get 30mil a year now. for him to hold a clipboard for political reasons or loyalty to good ol' state U is stupid.

and there's not a high schooler alive that wouldn't give up a year of high school ball for a million dollars. so cut out that nonsense.
Stroud looked great in the Rose I know that. It's too early to tell I know that but I wonder if Ewers is the kind of guy who puts himself in front of everyone else.

Stroud looked great in the Rose I know that. It's too early to tell I know that but I wonder if Ewers is the kind of guy who puts himself in front of everyone else.
Nope. I know his dad in business and he’s a professional dude. Very involved family. He’s a well adjusted kid. They’ve got agents and attornies advising him. It’s about brand and cash, nothing more. Stop trying to assume he’s a punk.

I listened to a podcast a couple of months back and they were interviewing his high school coach, Riley Dodge. From all accounts he sounds like a pretty humble laid back kid. Also a really hard worker. Here's the link below if you want to give a listen.

can y'all get anything right? Ewers grew up wanting to be a Longhorn. He committed to Texas. Then Moron Tom( he aint no Mensa in my book) insulted him , so he decommitted and went to The OSU. He started out behind and did not have time before the season started to catch up.....He came here. Since being here , according to everything I have read, he is gaining team mates respect by his manner and work ethic. We will know in fall camp if he "don't get it".....but I would be surprised.

From what I read he was inseparable from Manning during his recruiting visit and is a big reason Arch felt at home. That does not sound like someone that doesn't understand the system. Age wise, he is a true freshman......hell, few of them get it right off the bat.

Ewers is gonna be fine....besides....How in hell do you pick up the offense playing 7 on 7?

can y'all get anything right? Ewers grew up wanting to be a Longhorn. He committed to Texas. Then Moron Tom( he aint no Mensa in my book) insulted him , so he decommitted and went to The OSU. He started out behind and did not have time before the season started to catch up.....He came here. Since being here , according to everything I have read, he is gaining team mates respect by his manner and work ethic. We will know in fall camp if he "don't get it".....but I would be surprised.

From what I read he was inseparable from Manning during his recruiting visit and is a big reason Arch felt at home. That does not sound like someone that doesn't understand the system. Age wise, he is a true freshman......hell, few of them get it right off the bat.

Ewers is gonna be fine....besides....How in hell do you pick up the offense playing 7 on 7?
You pick up a lot playing 7 on 7. Route combos and concepts as well as seeing coverages from the defenses. Only thing you don't get from 7 on 7 is blocking schemes so you can't really call out your protections.

Nope. I know his dad in business and he’s a professional dude. Very involved family. He’s a well adjusted kid. They’ve got agents and attornies advising him. It’s about brand and cash, nothing more. Stop trying to assume he’s a punk.
In not speculating anything if its just a false alarm and he's a good kid great. We've been burned so many times in the last 12 years I'm skeptical now.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to tap the brakes that's thinking that "Ewers isn't grasping the offense". It's an internet rumor with no substantiation. How about we wait and see how he does on the field before passing judgement against him? For crying out loud, he's never played a down of football at Texas yet. He was a 5-star QB for a reason.

You pick up a lot playing 7 on 7. Route combos and concepts as well as seeing coverages from the defenses. Only thing you don't get from 7 on 7 is blocking schemes so you can't really call out your protections.
Didn't Tyrone Swoopes come from a 7 on 7 district?

Reactions: oldhorn2
I will just leave this right here:

A “practice player” is someone who does extremely well in practice but can not carry it over to the game, where as a “gamer” is someone who performs mediocre in practice but excels in a game.

I will just leave this right here:

A “practice player” is someone who does extremely well in practice but can not carry it over to the game, where as a “gamer” is someone who performs mediocre in practice but excels in a game.
Yer on to somethin there buck. Seen the movie Rudy?

Last edited:
Buck....I dont know where you got the idea that a "gamer" was only mediocher in practice, but I disagree. Perhaps there are some that way, but most great gamers are great everywhere.players did not like Nobis because he hurt em so bad in practice. Bijan, Worthy, and Whit practice hard.

Everyone needs to tap the brakes that's thinking that "Ewers isn't grasping the offense". It's an internet rumor with no substantiation. How about we wait and see how he does on the field before passing judgement against him? For crying out loud, he's never played a down of football at Texas yet. He was a 5-star QB for a reason.
Sounds like SlicedBread is stirring up internet rumors again

I wonder if Quinn Ewers has a sense of entitlement, an inflated view of himself although the latter might be premature.

As soon as NIL was announced Quinn Ewers decided to graduate early to heck with his teammates. He enrolls at tOSU and give him credit he negotiated a heck of deal for himself. He doesn't play a down and decides to transfer and enroll at Texas. I wonder if he knew all along that he wasn't going to beat out CJ Stroud. But now he has a lot of money. So he's been here a few months and now drives an Aston Martin. And he's done all of this at 18 years old.,

But he still hasn't played a down. We really don't know what kind of attitude he has. I have a lot of doubts about him we'll find out in September.
Outthereincali (with me):
re: sense of entitlement. You don't think Manning will be coming in with one? Sure Ewers is a talented player. Like hundreds OU has been facing for the last 90 plus years. But will be interesting how it works with the new guys coming in. UT had another very good recruiting class (usually does) and with all the hype about Manning, it might get better. But most of you have learned over the last 75 years to not bet the house on the RRS. At least most years.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT