ADVERTISEMENT

Word from reliable source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outthereincali (with me):
re: sense of entitlement. You don't think Manning will be coming in with one? Sure Ewers is a talented player. Like hundreds OU has been facing for the last 90 plus years. But will be interesting how it works with the new guys coming in. UT had another very good recruiting class (usually does) and with all the hype about Manning, it might get better. But most of you have learned over the last 75 years to not bet the house on the RRS. At least most years.
Nil done woke em up though brother. It's a new day and age in cfb. 😉

I wonder if Quinn Ewers has a sense of entitlement, an inflated view of himself although the latter might be premature.

As soon as NIL was announced Quinn Ewers decided to graduate early to heck with his teammates. He enrolls at tOSU and give him credit he negotiated a heck of deal for himself. He doesn't play a down and decides to transfer and enroll at Texas. I wonder if he knew all along that he wasn't going to beat out CJ Stroud. But now he has a lot of money. So he's been here a few months and now drives an Aston Martin. And he's done all of this at 18 years old.,

But he still hasn't played a down. We really don't know what kind of attitude he has. I have a lot of doubts about him we'll find out in September.
What do you mean he didn’t play a down? He played some at tOSU

Buck....I dont know where you got the idea that a "gamer" was only mediocre in practice, but I disagree. Perhaps there are some that way, but most great gamers are great everywhere.players did not like Nobis because he hurt em so bad in practice. Bijan, Worthy, and Whit practice hard.
I was fortunate enough to play this game until I was 36 years old. I have seen all types.
Mediocre does not mean "doesn't practice hard"
For example: Did Applewhite look mediocre in practice compared to Simms? Yep. Did Applewhite practice hard? Yep. Was Applewhite good in games? Yep
Does Card look like John Elway in practice? Yep. Does he practice hard? Yep.
Has it translated over to Games. nope.
See where I'm going? :)

I was fortunate enough to play this game until I was 36 years old. I have seen all types.
For example: Did Applewhite look mediocre in practice compared to Simms? Yep. Did Applewhite practice hard? Yep. Was Applewhite good in games? Yep
I am not sold on Card, however I would like to see him start the season for 3 reasons. He is the more experienced being a RS sophomore-top reason. I hate the idea of freshman qb(bama and tosu…. Is not a good comparison because of the strong overall strength of the lasting and consistent supporting structure of ol, rb, wr, coaches and defense). I won’t hold last year against him due to him being a rs freshman in his 1st year of a new system. I also won’t hold last year against him due to our OL. JMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: Lampasas
You can not be serious.
Look man I can tell you as someone who played football at the collegiate level and then coached for 10 years after I was done playing that practice reps are important. While they are not as good as live game reps you're still going through all the motions in practice. It's no different than a guy coming in and redshirting a year.

It seems like you have it made up in your mind that he's an entitled asshole so there's no changing your mind. I'm not sure what led you to believe that but yet here we are.

Name drop pls

Look man I can tell you as someone who played football at the collegiate level and then coached for 10 years after I was done playing that practice reps are important. While they are not as good as live game reps you're still going through all the motions in practice. It's no different than a guy coming in and redshirting a year.

It seems like you have it made up in your mind that he's an entitled asshole so there's no changing your mind. I'm not sure what led you to believe that but yet here we are.
Look I don't know anything about the kid.But I wrote that we've been let down so much in the last 12 years I'm going to wait and see. I admit my feelings cloud my opinions.

Look I don't know anything about the kid.But I wrote that we've been let down so much in the last 12 years I'm going to wait and see. I admit my feelings cloud my opinions.
I gave you a link to his high school coach talking about him. It's a really good listen and you can kind of a get a feel for what kind of kid he is.

I can tell you between him, Card, Malik, and Arch one of them is going to work out. It's just the law of averages.

I gave you a link to his high school coach talking about him. It's a really good listen and you can kind of a get a feel for what kind of kid he is.

I can tell you between him, Card, Malik, and Arch one of them is going to work out. It's just the law of averages.
Yeah go ahead and give me the link cause I really want to believe.

The offense is going to have upwards of 6 underclassmen starting. But the defense is actually going to consist of a bunch of upper classmen. Here's what the depth chart looks like. Of course there will be some young guys that are part of the rotation.

Who did this? I can’t imagine a world where Karic is the LT and Brock is starting ILB

Reactions: outhereincali
Who did this? I can’t imagine a world where Karic is the LT and Brock is starting ILB
Here's a different one that has Connor at LT. Either way I see at least 2 underclassmen starting on the line this year. Of course none of this is set in stone. Fall camp is going to situate a lot of these position battles so you have to just take these with a grain of salt. I'm just using them as a guideline for right now.

Either way the defense is made up of mostly upper classmen was my point really. There's not going to be a lot of younger guys starting on that side of the ball contrary to what Cali said.

If you scroll down it kind of gives you a run down of each position.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Ewers hasn't stepped into his leadership roll yet. Turns out he's a very quiet kid. He isn't very vocal.
Older players are trying to get him to step up and be a "rah rah" guy.

Ewers hasn't stepped into his leadership roll yet. Turns out he's a very quiet kid. He isn't very vocal.
Older players are trying to get him to step up and be a "rah rah" guy.
Some people have that quality and some don't. I don't see it as something you can just turn on and start doing. Everyone will see through you if you all of a sudden start being a "rah rah" guy and don't have the conviction behind it. Gain their trust and respect by doing the right things, working hard, and having integrity. Then he can lead.

Reactions: WRLHookem
Some people have that quality and some don't. I don't see it as something you can just turn on and start doing. Everyone will see through you if you all of a sudden start being a "rah rah" guy and don't have the conviction behind it. Gain their trust and respect by doing the right things, working hard, and having integrity. Then he can lead.
for most, it can be developed. it takes time though for some. you're correct about first gaining their trust by doing things the right way.

That comes with time.
It is hard for a 18 year to even feel like a leader among 20 and 21 year old upperclassmen. Additionally, upperclassmen have a hard time being led by an 18yo who has never proven themselves or even played a game. If Eweres does something early on by either being tough like Sam or make crucial plays, that will be a moment where there will be a shift in the leadership role

Look most kids look up to their dads. His dad is polished and intelligent. My guess is he’s being told to just go kick some ass and the rest will come. Don’t get caught up in the hype. VY was a quiet guy until he became a star. Colt? He’s an absolute introvert. But when he started winning, damn he was the man. Leadership will only come when he shows the team his arm and talent will win games.

Look most kids look up to their dads. His dad is polished and intelligent. My guess is he’s being told to just go kick some ass and the rest will come. Don’t get caught up in the hype. VY was a quiet guy until he became a star. Colt? He’s an absolute introvert. But when he started winning, damn he was the man. Leadership will only come when he shows the team his arm and talent will win games.
Aikman was a quiet leader that led through example. Irvin was the rah rah “get in your face” guy on that team.

I'll tell you boys what, If back in December I would have told you that Venables would get a commitment from a qb who by all accounts is much better than what Riley got for the 23' class would anyone believe me?

I'll tell you boys what, If back in December I would have told you that Venables would get a commitment from a qb who by all accounts is much better than what Riley got for the 23' class would anyone believe me?
Malachi Nelson has a higher rating than Jackson Arnold. From everything I have seen that seems to be pretty accurate as well.

Malachi Nelson has a higher rating than Jackson Arnold. From everything I have seen that seems to be pretty accurate as well.
They just went head to head and Arnold was MVP at Elite 11. Arnold is a 5 star that is going to turn some heads. Props to Venables doing his due diligence and to get in early and get him committed early

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
They just went head to head and Arnold was MVP at Elite 11. Arnold is a 5 star that is going to turn some heads. Props to Venables doing his due diligence and to get in early and get him committed early
Numerous different sites had Malachi rated better at that camp. Sports Illustrated is one.

Numerous different sites had Malachi rated better at that camp. Sports Illustrated is one.
Come on you're trying a little too hard lol, how about we go with the coaches who were actually there LOL, they ranked Arnold the MVP. Dude is coming on and OU did their homework early.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Come on you're trying a little too hard lol, how about we go with the coaches who were actually there LOL, they ranked Arnold the MVP. Dude is coming on and OU did their homework early.
Congratulations, he’s great at throwing against air. And to be honest we don’t really give a shit about OU’s recruiting. This is a Longhorn board.

Congratulations, he’s great at throwing against air. And to be honest we don’t really give a shit about OU’s recruiting. This is a Longhorn board.
Well except you do care because you stated right here on this very board that Venables wouldn’t be getting any 5 star qb’s going forward LOL. Not only did he get one, he’s better than Riley’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT