ADVERTISEMENT

WR Mike Brown talks about Texas Visit ... and others

CodyCarpentier

every like is another Jonathon Brooks rushing yard
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2023
Charleston, SC
www.rosterwatch.com

Brown has visited Austin twice now in as many months. He participated in the June 1st Elite Camp and earned his Texas offer at the event.

Before his Sophomore Season in 2023, Brown had 6 offers (UNLV, Arizona State, Tulane, Texas A&M, Arkansas State, and Kent State. After the season's conclusion, Brown saw Texas Tech, Oregon, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Penn State extend an offer, among others. However, June and July were the months that Mike made an intention to reach out to schools he was interested in.

- On June 1st, His Texas Unofficial Visit and Elite Camp Participation earned him an offer from the Longhorns.
- June 10th, He took his 2nd Unofficial Visit to Texas A&M.
- On June 11th, His Ohio State Unofficial Visit and Camp Participation earned him an offer from the Buckeyes.
- July 25th, He took his 2nd Unofficial Visit to Texas.
- On July 28th, His Michigan Unofficial Visit over the weekend earned him an offer from the Wolverines.

Mike is a Legacy Aggie, his father Reggie served as a four-year starter at linebacker for TAMU, earning first-team All-Southwest Conference honors. Kerrie was on the A&M women’s basketball team and was one of their captains.

I asked Brown if there was a highlight from the Pool Party event.

"Definitely their player-led practice session. It was exceptionally smooth, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it."

What was the message from the Texas coaches?

"Coach Jackson, the receiver coach, sat and talked with me and my parents. He mentioned that he believes I am a good fit for their culture and shared with my family where he sees me fitting into the offense and on campus. He advised me to control what I can control, which includes my junior year season, both on and off the field. He also emphasized continuing to build our relationship. I appreciate his approach because it focuses on relationships, which is crucial for me. I need to feel that the school I attend works for me as a person."

What was on the menu/what was your favorite dish?

"They served Pluckers wings and tenders, some salad, and there were some food trucks available, although I didn’t eat from the trucks. My favorite was definitely the Pluckers wings though."

What does your timeline look like over the next few months for visits and what other schools are in consideration?

"I am planning to visit a couple of other schools before the school year begins. Once school starts, I want to focus on my season and start my college classes at my high school. I do plan to attend some college games, but we haven't mapped everything out yet. Texas is one of the top schools on my list. It's important for me to get to know the staff and understand where I fit within the program and the school that I choose."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News