ADVERTISEMENT

Just for clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are all forgetting the most obvious person Ketch may have caught with his hand in the cookie jar:

bagdad-bob.gif

Originally posted by Ketchum:
Here's the funny thing, I never bust the guy without the logout mistake. He left a single fingerprint and I have his prints on file.

It is only funny if we find out what the info is.

Originally posted by jsswt:
Either...

a. Mack doesn't know that a UT athletic official has has been spreading secret Intel that he doesn't want shared.

b. Someone with an account listed under a UT official has been planting smokescreens on the board to mess with us and made a boo boo.

Hold on. You said it was a comped account (SID), right? If so, wouldn't you be very aware of who the account is attributed to?

I think it's more complicated than that.

I think I've made it very clear that I know who the offending party is.

Originally posted by Suchomel:

Originally posted by DizzG:
so is what TexasSID true or false? Guess I dont see the point of spreading its not Austin if Austin is the guy. If you have your man whats the point?

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Are you kidding me? You don't see why people at UT would want to spread wrong information?

The only possible thing I can think of is that they want to get back at y'all.

If they are worried about that, I'm worried.

Here's the funny thing, I never bust the guy without the logout mistake. He left a single fingerprint and I have his prints on file.

It was an amateur mistake. The edit easily gave whoever it is up. :)

We're the ducklings, TXSID is the kid and Ketch is the duck.

1292609024_kid-scares-ducks.gif

Originally posted by bear170:
This whole process is now officially a huge joke.

It has been for some time.

Really, when has Mack made a quick staffing decision?

so is what TexasSID true or false? Guess I dont see the point of spreading its not Austin if Austin is the guy. If you have your man whats the point?

Are you kidding me? You don't see why people at UT would want to spread wrong information?

Because they're part owners of this site and want to make a bunch of money by having people sign up when you're eventually proven correct about the Austin hire?

I'm not sure how I'd feel about launching an investigative slash propaganda war with Belmont. Doesn't seem like it would end well for anyone.

The OP is really no new information. They never formally make an offer until the job has been posted for 5 days and they know the answer from the candidate. That is why Ketch's original response was essentially "no big deal, we'll see soon enough that Austin is the one who will get the job."

I do love that someone tried to mess with us and got caught. Fack him (or her).

franklin-o.gif

Originally posted by mckwall:

Because they're part owners of this site and want to make a bunch of money by having people sign up when you're eventually proven correct about the Austin hire?

wut?

Originally posted by tysonsmalek:
I'm not sure how I'd feel about launching an investigative slash propaganda war with Belmont. Doesn't seem like it would end well for anyone.

This is my thought as well.

I don't, why would they?

Originally posted by tysonsmalek:

Some times you just need to go to the mattresses.
3dgrin.gif

Originally posted by horn_39:

Originally posted by stay off my farm:

Originally posted by PureTexan:

"Either...

a. Mack doesn't know that a UT athletic official has has been spreading secret Intel that he doesn't want shared.

b. Someone with an account listed under a UT official has been planting smokescreens on the board to mess with us and made a boo boo."

Im going with A

Me too.
I think A is the hopeful choice. Going by AirCoryell's other posts, I am going with option B, and AirCoryell was trying to dispel the Austin being a done deal scenario. After all, wasn't that his first thread?

Either way, AirCoryell is definitely an insider, although we don't know if the inside information we were getting is legit. I tend to think that his info was bogus.

Think about it for a minute though...if the SID wanted to make OB and other sites look bad, would they really have someone dispute that Austin was the guy, only to hire him later? That would make OB and everyone else that stuck by the story look better, not worse. So, I think that AC's information was legit - i.e. no offer has been made.
If they wanted people to question the source, this is probably what they thought of as the best way to do it. They didn't have much other choice if they wanted to try and mess with us. What else would they do? They already have people doubting that is Austin, look around.

Bellmont wants to delay the information about who was hired as DC until the posting has been up the supposedly requisite amount of time. But Austin was found to be the guy. OB has good sources, and the largest subscription base. Someone comes on here, says they are from Seattle, a place with ties to Austin and Jerry Gray, posts info from Coryell, etc. and attempts to place info out there that people believed. Look at Coryell's old threads.

Today's entire post isn't what I would be referring to, as I think the Akina/Applewhite stuff was true, that they were sticking, I am referring back to when AirCoryell disputed the Austin information, and further today put it out there. Too bad the next time AirCoryell tried to post some info to further try and throw OB posters off the scent, TexasSID forgot to log out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT