ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Hold off on giving out flowers)

Aggy hasn't had a starting QB make it through the whole season healthy in at least 4-5 years it feels like.

Is that what they want? A coach who's team completely falls apart the instant the starting QB gets hurt?
I'm not sure that's fair. It's Duke and he's been there for a short time.

They are a heavy No.1 right now.

Suggesting it falls behind the current No.7 just because of winning a weak conference isn't a sure thing IMO.

I think it’s clear people’s judgement on this is heavily clouded by basis. In what alternate universe does the 2-time defending champ FROM THE SEC with just a second loss in 40 games not get the benefit of the doubt?

Reactions: darrenj
I think it’s clear people’s judgement on this is heavily clouded by basis. In what alternate universe does the 2-time defending champ FROM THE SEC with just a second loss in 40 games not get the benefit of the doubt?
Sometimes being real on this board gets you nowhere fast.

Reactions: darrenj and RLong68
At this point does it matter if they did?. That game happened two months ago and Oregon is ahead of us.
Ya it kind of does considering we would have a common opponent and it took Tech turning the ball over 4 times for Oregon to win. Oregon hasn’t beaten a top 25 opponent. These things do matter

Let’s only play November games from now on since nothing prior matters

They’ve been great and my guess is this ends up a moot point anyway, but if they lose to the same team Texas beat, that changes the calculus.

You cant just say they were great for a month and discount not winning the conference and losing to the team that Texas beat. That dog don’t hunt.

How’s this for a deal instead of arguing for arguing sake:

IF Texas wins out and IF Georgia loses to Bama:

1. If the committee puts Georgia in and omits Texas, I’ll pay double the subscription price for the next year.

2. If Texas gets in, you comp me for a year

They are two time defending champs that will have lost just a second time in 40 games. Literally just two years ago Bama beat them by double digits in the CCG and not only did they still make the CFP they blewnn by out the same Bama team to win the title. Some of you all, actually many, are looking over some very basic reality.

Ya it kind of does considering we would have a common opponent and it took Tech turning the ball over 4 times for Oregon to win. Oregon hasn’t beaten a top 25 opponent. These things do matter

Let’s only play November games from now on since nothing prior matters

So let me get this straight. In your opinion, a common piece of crap opponent in Tech will carry more weight than Oregon knocking off unbeaten top 3 (because UW will be ahead of the Michigan/tOSU loser)? Ok then.

Probably. Do the first two years matter at all?
Not at that point. Do you think Herman would have been better in those 2 years? I think it's highly likely the team wouldn't be nearly as good at this point had Herman stayed. Do you?

So let me get this straight. In your opinion, a common piece of crap opponent in Tech will carry more weight than Oregon knocking off unbeaten top 3 (because UW will be ahead of the Michigan/tOSU loser)? Ok then.
Did I say that? Nice straw man

They are two time defending champs that will have lost just a second time in 40 games. Literally just two years ago Bama beat them by double digits in the CCG and not only did they still make the CFP they blewnn by out the same Bama team to win the title. Some of you all, actually many, are looking over some very basic reality.
Were they competing for a spot against a big brand conference champ who also happened to beat the team they lost to?

I understand what you are saying, but there are just too many potential deserving teams this year for a non conference champ to get in.

I don’t think it will come down to this scenario, but if it does, I think Texas would get in over Georgia.

Were they competing for a spot against a big brand conference champ who also happened to beat the team they lost to?

I understand what you are saying, but there are just too many potential deserving teams this year for a non conference champ to get in.

I don’t think it will come down to this scenario, but if it does, I think Texas would get in over Georgia.

MAYBE Texas does. But I’m for sure prepared for that to not happen.

You pretty much did since that is eventually going to be your argument. Are you under the impression the CFP is deciding the final 4 next Monday?
Oregon right now does not deserve to be 6 has been my point. The fact that you can’t follow that well I must say is a little bit of an indictment on you. If they beat a top 3 team then yes they have an argument to be in CFP but right now they have beaten no one. The CFP rankings are right now and Utah their top win just got knocked out of the top 25

Why? He didn't recruit as well, he didn't develop as well, he wasn't a strong leader in the locker room, he had the same habit of losing close games that Sark did in the first 2 years, and he also lost to teams he should have beat like Sark in the first 2 years. What would he have done better that leads you to this thought?

Reactions: velvetrose
Oregon right now does not deserve to be 6 has been my point. The fact that you can’t follow that well I must say is a little bit of an indictment on you. If they beat a top 3 team then yes they have an argument to be in CFP but right now they have beaten no one. The CFP rankings are right now and Utah their top win just got knocked out of the top 25

Deserves got nothing to do with it. It’s a moot point. They are currently ahead of us and if they win out they stay ahead of us. Literally, does anything else matter?

Why? He didn't recruit as well, he didn't develop as well, he wasn't a strong leader in the locker room, he had the same habit of losing close games that Sark did in the first 2 years, and he also lost to teams he should have beat like Sark in the first 2 years. What would he have done better that leads you to this thought?

Maybe because year one under Sark was absolute trash and nothing about Herman's tenure suggested he would have a losing season.

(Buy) Successful coaches never come cheap. He's going to be viewed as a successful coach following this season.
Viewed implies you dont think he is a successful coach? You don't really believe that do you?

Deserves got nothing to do with it. It’s a moot point. They are currently ahead of us and if they win out they stay ahead of us. Literally, does anything else matter?
Maybe explain this to me like I’m 4….what has Oregon done to deserve the number 6 ranking? You keep talking about what may happen in a few weeks, I’m talking about what actually has happened

Not sure how strong the “brand” argument works for Texas. This isn’t tOSU getting in over Baylor/TCU. This is the 2-time defending national champs from the biggest boy conference.

Maybe because year one under Sark was absolute trash and nothing about Herman's tenure suggested he would have a losing season.
True. But... you said the first 2 years. I'd argue that while year 1 under Sark was trash, his year 2 was better than Herman's would have been. So at best it's a wash without the clear uptick that Sark has us on that would not have existed had Herman stayed.

Viewed implies you dont think he is a successful coach? You don't really believe that do you?
He is having a successful season, thus he's a successful coach.

I made no implications. You kind of made that up in your head. That being said, he hasn't been successful until now in his career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT