ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (OU just doesn't matter as much any more...)

Arnold looked rusty in his first start, but he settled down and looked pretty good. He might turn into a problem.
He's very talented. It doesn't change the point.

The OU roster simply doesn't compare to best teams in the SEC.

I know it's going to be tough for some of y'all, but the old ways of life in the Big 12 just don't matter as much any more.

They still matter some, just not as much. Denying that is denying the future.

I know it's going to be tough for some of y'all, but the old ways of life in the Big 12 just don't matter as much any more.

They still matter some, just not as much. Denying that is denying the future.

I definitely understand your point of the article but losing to ou will never be downplayed or acceptable in my book.

@Ketchum agree 1000% on AD Mitchell. I just hope their QB can get him the ball enough. I question some of the guys taken ahead of him in round 2. Mconkey? Polk?

Reactions: marinehorn
OU isn't even a talking point on this board beyond this week.

Of course, they matter. They just matter less.

They just took the transfer DT we wanted in a head to head portal recruitment battle.

That was kind of a big deal and happened a couple days ago.

Reactions: Boxley
They just took the transfer DT we wanted in a head to head portal recruitment battle.

That was kind of a big deal and happened a couple days ago.
Correct.

And before that...

Like I.said, I've done 100+ shows on Youtube in 2024 and almost none of them have been about OU.

Do you know how different that is?

Do you not understand the nuance that makes those two games different?
Is your point that the A&M game matters more for recruiting when both programs are mediocre? If so, that doesn’t translate to writing off OU going forward. They have shown they care enough about this to fire venables if he doesn’t work out and go hire at the top of the available pool. And they have plenty of money and can sell the SEC just like we can

Is your point that the A&M game matters more for recruiting when both programs are mediocre? If so, that doesn’t translate to writing off OU going forward. They have shown they care enough about this to fire venables if he doesn’t work out and go hire at the top of the available pool. And they have plenty of money and can sell the SEC just like we can

I can't believe the point needs to be explained. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: srl
Correct.

And before that...

Like I.said, I've done 100+ shows on Youtube in 2024 and almost none of them have been about OU.

Do you know how different that is?

Probably because your YouTube show is about Texas football and your co host is an Aggy.

Doesn’t change the fact that the red river shootout is one the biggest rivalries in college football, and that won’t be changing anytime soon.

We still directly battle OU for Texas recruits, especially in the metroplex.

They have a 5 star sophomore QB that is good enough that they let Gabriel walk.

Like I said, I think OU is tied for the second biggest game on our schedule next year with Aggy and behind Georgia.

Michigan and Florida rank a notch below because they are expected to be worse than their average standard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT