ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Steve Patterson's new legacy)

It is also the reason many of us cannot stand your hero the POTUS. . .who has done more to drive a wedge into race relations than any single person I have seen in my life.

Once again this comment reminds me of the vast age and experience differences of the Orangebloods community.
Whether hyperbole or a strongly held and researched belief, I think you are so very wrong. You just haven't lived long enough.

GEOFF KETCHUM

undertaker-sitting-up.gif

This post was edited on 4/6 11:52 PM by Hookah Horns

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Steve Patterson's new legac

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by Kirby4286:

Originally posted by The Poopsmith:
"Finally, I would counter there are a few things white people do better than other races, and some of it is evident in this thread."

And what are these "things" that white people do better than other races?
It's in the thread.
Man up and say it.
We pretend really well.
picgifs-laughing-35443.gif

Sorry Ketch, I turned on your radio show yesterday and as I have heard way too many times, you were still talking your racial tripe. Will never turn that show on again. You are obsessed with race and are a flaming liberal. Can't stand hearing that garbage.

Ketch, you have been ripped to shreds in this thread and keep being stubborn. As CS has said, u are constantly bringing race topics into your business practice. It's extremely tiresome.

Originally posted by echeese:
Doing some more research on the real issue. . .racism . . .

More than half the SEC is coached by African Americans in basketball. . . .in the BigXII we have Smart, Tubby, not sure who else.

So of the 12% number currently, we have a WHOLE bunch of them in the south. . . .just found that interesting. . .

Here is a quote from a NY Times article I found fascinating. . . article is worth a read, actually talks about how to fix the problem without screaming at everyone. . .

"For whatever reason, it's not in vogue for the great black athlete to play for a black coach," said Paul Hewitt (normally I wouldn't care but since it's important here, had to look him up, a brother), the coach at George Mason.
In an industry driven primarily by the muscle of young black athletes, the imperative for black coaches should be finding a way to have greater access to the talent pipeline, if not control over it. Leonard Hamilton, (yep, another brother) the coach at Florida State, said the inexplicable disconnect between black college coaches, high school coaches and Amateur Athletic Union coaches must be smoothed over.
Playing in elite programs that develop NBA players matters more than skin color for athletes when picking players.

Shaka Smart is about to recruit a hell of a lot better at Texas than he did at VCU. Same is true of Charlie Strong.

Fairly easy thing to explain.

I found the remarks by two actual black coaches of interest .. . . . that Smart will recruit better at TEXAS vs VCU is actually a blinding glimpse of the obvious. . . .or said another way .. .well no shit. . . .

But the comment I quoted wasn't about TEXAS. . . .it was about the landscape in general . .. again. . .not my opinion but the opinion of 2 prominent black coaches. . . . . .

Thanks, you don't want to have a real discussion about race. . . had you read the article it discussed that. . . you have your "prism" view . . .. you are so blind to it. . .you cannot see any other view even when it's actually offered by black people. . .but what the heck to they know compared to you huh?

Nor did you comment on the oddity that large numbers of the black HCs are in the south. . .

wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by I Hear Voices:
It is also the reason many of us cannot stand your hero the POTUS. . .who has done more to drive a wedge into race relations than any single person I have seen in my life.

Once again this comment reminds me of the vast age and experience differences of the Orangebloods community.
Whether hyperbole or a strongly held and researched belief, I think you are so very wrong. You just haven't lived long enough.
laugh.r191677.gif

Very well researched. .

But I will confess, I grew up in one of the most segregated/least racists parts of our society. . .I am a military brat then went to high school and college in San Antonio. . . .a very tolerant (actual tolerant. . .not liberal claim to be tolerant as long as you kow tow to political correctness) city. . .

As for not having lived long enough . .. .no, I did not see the racism of the 50's and 60's or early 70's . . . I was either not alive or living on military bases . .. .

As to the comment itself. . ..I relished the idea that promises of being the "great" uniter would come true. . . they haven't. . . he sees everything like Ketch. .. defined by race ... . . it's sad really . .. the opposite of MLK's vision.

"It's not really about a percentage. It's about something much bigger than that. It's about black coaches being given the best jobs and not just the impossible challenges. Slowly, it's changing, but even Shala Smart believes it to be a big problem.

What would you call him?"

"So, you just want black coaches to be given the best jobs because there are black. Got it. Well, that's all I really needed to hear."

"That's all you choose to hear. It's not a point that I've made on any level, but yopu're choosing to hear only that. "
Um...it's not something I "choose to hear". You said it. Verbatim. You want black coaches given the jobs. Period.

Originally posted by WhoAreThoseGuys:

Originally posted by echeese:

I don't always agree with echeese, but he's pretty much nuked Ketch on this thread, you know you've won when Ketch tries to bow out of the discussion that he started.
lulz. ok.
Well, at least I give you credit for not locking the thread, that's usually the final sign of defeat for you..."LULZ" right back at you.
wink.r191677.gif
Yeah, the point about not enough black people going for GA positions was clearly the checkmate moment in our discussion.

Clearly that explains it all. No racism at all. Let's go celebrate.
laugh.r191677.gif

Certainly a moment you could not refute so you had to try to belittle. . . . maybe not check mate, certainly check. . . .

PS,

if there was all the "racism" that you see. . . . why did so many programs try to hire Smart?. . .that just seems odd to me. . .

No racism? Think you are building windmills made of straw to tilt at . .. . you are the only one making that claim .. .

Patterson went to hire Marshall 1st. . .now I had to look him up. . .but he's a white dude. . .so Patterson wasn't bent on breaking color barriers, he was bent on finding the best coach . .. . .good for Patterson. . .all I care about is best coach.
echeese, go easy on Ketch, otherwise Ketch will say in one of his next posts, "well, this thread has served its purpose, we're not getting anywhere, so I'm going to lock this thread now, email me if you want to discuss further".
wink.r191677.gif
He stirred up a hornets nest, and I'm running out of popcorn.
You mean he'll pull a Ketch?

But you forgot the part where he'll throw out some morally superior statement first, then decide it's going nowhere, then take his ball and go home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT