ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Still a year away)

Originally posted by Hook 'em Danno:
If Swoopes is starting this year, CS is looking at moving by December 31, 2016. He may not have created the QB issue, but he hasn't done enough to fix it by bringing in a decent transfer or developing Heard. Kai won't be ready in 2015 and not likely to take us to a nationally relevant place in 2016. And you can forget about the kid(s) still in high school coming in ready for 2016. Point being, I really believe this is a make or break year for CS. And it starts with the QB. He needs a June transfer in the worst way with this "news".

Man, I miss me some Colt years...

Did you really just liken Sandusky to MJ? Don't know where to begin with this but I hope you don't really feel this way? If you do, you should have never done a top 10 for MJ. Your moral compass should have been your guide. FWIW, in my heart of heart's and having read enough about the investigation to believe MJ was innocent of allegations/charges/claims. IMO, this was a guy whose childhood was robbed and never had a chance to be a kid. Definitely strange guy but not a child molester/sex offender or anything of the sort. At least that is/was my hope. His judgment day came already on it though. Whatever your feelings/beliefs toward his personal affairs, he was an absolute musical genius. Your list is nails.
a. So, you only give Charlie 3 years?

b. What MJ is accused of is in the area cose of Sandusky, is it not? I have a hard time thinking he was innocent of everything and he was pretty messed up by the time kids were staying overnight.

This report on Heard isn't really different than reports from December. Are you posting this off of new intel and if so, what have the players done to actually garner this report. In other words, other than off season workouts (weights, conditioning, etc.) what are they doing that would make this new info? All other reports about Heard's off season indicate he's working his ass off. Honest question, not a criticism.

Originally posted by dallashorn02:
Originally posted by Ketchum:
So much focus on quarterback, but it's just a single reason of many the program is still another year away from doing big things.

All other areas of tream that need serious reloading are being ignored, by and large.
I think we're missing a much larger issue regarding the overall offensive philosophical approach of Charlie Strong.

That the staff could potentially tolerate Tyrone Swoopes as a starter two years in a row with a response of throwing up hands in the air and saying "what other options do they have" is troubling. Somehow I don't see the Meyer's, Malzahn's, and Fisher's of the world putting up with that.
The staff's greatest mistake has been not adding more competition this off-season at quarterback. The situation should have been a huge priority after last spring.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by Kronic22:
Forgot to add, '17 is the year I expect this team to be back to top ten status. 16 will be a solid leap forward, top 25 type season.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
That's fair. Can the fan-base be this patient?
If the goalposts keep moving, it starts to resemble Mack's final years

Dustin's analysis on this was mostly point on. After three years, you sort of know what you have.

Recruiting momentum starts to become more difficult if 6-7 is followed up with 7-6 and 9-4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT