ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The Women of the SEC)

Do you think he’d trade 7 AP All Pro selections for Seven Super Bowls? I mean Brady won 6 and went to a different team and immediately won a 7th. Nobody is going to do that again.

Manning is a statistically great QB. Gotta be able to close the deal better than a mere 2 times to be considered for GOAT status. Being great when it matters most is probably the most important factor. FYI Otto Graham was 7 time AP All-Pro and he’s not in the conversation either.

Manning and Brady were peers. How many times in their careers was Brady ranked ahead of Manning on All-Pro Teams?

Reactions: ARD438
Manning and Brady were peers. How many times in their careers was Brady ranked ahead of Manning on All-Pro Teams?
How many people think that makes Manning the better quarterback?

There was a time when this debate was polarizing.

38122c30bf55167ad977d153a3de65a4e60785f4.gif

Peyton Manning 7 1st team AP All-Pro played 7 less years
Tom Brady 3 1st team AP All-Pro
We’re also talking about regular season awards for a guy that went one and done in the playoffs a whopping eight times.

Out of those 7 AP All-Pro seasons Manning went one and done 4 times and lost to Tom Brady in another. @Ketchum

I'm Team Brady on the GOAT discussion, but that's not the stuff of Michael Jordan.
Then would it be more fair to say that you don’t believe there is a Michael Jordan of the NFL, since not being the Goat certainly isn’t Jordanesque either?

Based on?
a. The fact that when I watch him play, he does stuff I've never seen a football player do before.

b. He's changed the way young players attempt to play the game like no player I've ever seen at quarterback.

Reactions: ARD438
I'm Team Brady on the GOAT discussion, but that's not the stuff of Michael Jordan.
To be fair I had to look up Mahomes AP All Pro first team finishes and he’s got 2 in 7 years. He’s finished below Brady twice, Lamar Jackson twice, and Aaron Rogers twice. So nit exactly the stuff of MJ in that category either. I suggest that this category is essentially meaningless. Mahomes had a terrible regular season this year, at least in a stuff of Jordan discussion. Nobody will remember Lamar Jackson’s season this year, or Mahomes for that matter, but they will remember his extraordinary playoff run.

a. The fact that when I watch him play, he does stuff I've never seen a football player do before.

b. He's changed the way young players attempt to play the game like no player I've ever seen at quarterback.
Ketchum, that’s Steph Curry’s identity.

Jordan is the GOAT.

Just like Tom Brady.

Do you think he’d trade 7 AP All Pro selections for Seven Super Bowls? I mean Brady won 6 and went to a different team and immediately won a 7th. Nobody is going to do that again.

Manning is a statistically great QB. Gotta be able to close the deal better than a mere 2 times to be considered for GOAT status. Being great when it matters most is probably the most important factor. FYI Otto Graham was 7 time AP All-Pro and he’s not in the conversation either.
It's different when they played in the same era. They both were playing and more often than not Manning was selected ahead of Brady. Of course Manning would want the Superbowl's. This is why football is the ultimate team sport. How many Superbowl's would Brady have without Adam Vinatieri? Tuck Rule?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT