ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The Women of the SEC)

Jordas was more than just being the best player. There was a "wow" factor that he had that Mahomes has more than Brady.

Like Jordan, Mahomes does stuff as a player/talent that we've never seen before. Brady never did that.

When Jordan played you never questioned if he was going to win the game. Much like Vince in college. It's just going to happen. You can't stop it. I never felt that way with Brady. He was just going to stand there make passes and zero mistakes. Much different than Mahomes. I don't have the same Jordan feeling with Mahomes yet but he is a step closer for sure.

Reactions: horns--21
I completely understand where you’re coming from, and I don’t disagree. I see those same things.

I’m saying that the definition of being the “Jordan” of any sport, first and foremost, is being the best to ever do it. And in the NFL that’s Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr.
How do you think Romo meant it?

Dylan will always be the voice of the 60’s generation (like me), and I remember vividly the first time I heard Like a Rolling Stone on the radio which is an anthem for my generation. Unfortunately, as a on stage performer he is incredibly awful. Worst concert I ever attended.
Yeah, I feel you on the in concert part.

When Jordan played you never questioned if he was going to win the game. Much like Vince in college. It's just going to happen. You can't stop it. I never felt that way with Brady. He was just going to stand there make passes and zero mistakes. Much different than Mahomes. I don't have the same Jordan feeling with Mahomes yet but he is a step closer for sure.
I had it last night!

Not a big fan of women, especial young attractive college grads working in men's athletic departments. As we all know women are a distraction, especially if they are attractive because now players, coaches and other men are trying to smash it. Departments full of young men need strong male leadership throughout the organization.
Boooooo

Again, immaterial to my point. You acknowledged that Brady is the GOAT. That makes him the Jordan of the NFL currently.

Now if you want to have a different debate, I’d argue that so many stars have to align just right for a QB to win 7 or more Super Bowls that I don’t think anyone will ever do it again. Even if Mahomes does have the ability.
Brady is the most accomplished QB.
Best QB All time I want to say Peyton Manning but Patrick Mahomes has joined the discussion.
Superbowl's can't be the only thing when football is considered the ultimate team game.

I mean Kyrie believes the world is flat. 🤷‍♂️

But I’ll bite; who in the league could one day be the GOAT over Jordan?
LeBron might not have a case that you'll buy, but it's a convincing case... even if I also don't agree.

As a child of the '60s, "Knockin" on Heavens' Door" is an all time favorite song, much less number one or number two on my list of Bob Dylan songs. Any list without it is not worth reading to me.

Reactions: thismutch
Brady is the most accomplished QB.
Best QB All time I want to say Peyton Manning but Patrick Mahomes has joined the discussion.
Superbowl's can't be the only thing when football is considered the ultimate team game.
Brady is the GOAT. I’m not sure there’s a realistic debate to be had about that.

As a child of the '60s, "Knockin" on Heavens' Door" is an all time favorite song, much less number one or number two on my list of Bob Dylan songs. Any list without it is not worth reading to me.
Alicia Silverstone Oops GIF

Reactions: thismutch
Correct. Future Debate? Could be.
IMO this is a more realistic possibility than a future Jordan debate, particularly given the insane trajectory Mahomes is on. Having said that there are SO many things that have to line up just right for Mahomes to win 4+ more Super Bowls that I’m betting against it, not the least of which is the return of a healthy Joe Burrow. That guy is an ice cold killer.

LeBron might not have a case that you'll buy, but it's a convincing case... even if I also don't agree.
Lebron can have a case of having the greatest career in terms of points and stats and championships longevity.
But MJ is the greatest. Set the standard.

The images of Steve McMichael are absolutely wrenching and I cannot get them out of my mind. His smile upon learning of his selection was especially moving.

One of my favorite recollections is when, back in the day, I was jogging on the track at the stadium and several players were playing around on the field. Johnny Lam Jones was there (dropping passes) and Earl was there with his not to be forgotten physique.

Steve and our great safety Johnny Johnson were wrestling and at one point Steve was sitting on Johnny’s chest and making Johnny beg to be let up. Steve was obviously enjoying himself.

For some time at least, Steve held the record on the bench press among UT players with over 550 lbs.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
Brady is the GOAT. I’m not sure there’s a realistic debate to be had about that.
The first 3 championships he was a game manager.
I would realistically argue that Peyton was the better QB. Put Manning on those Patriot teams.
Tom Brady greatest career.

In my opinion, SF erred by playing almost a prevent defense on KC’s last two drives and gave up yardage way too easily. Far too soft on the receivers, even on critical downs. Nothing like SF’s pass defense in the first half!

IMO this is a more realistic possibility than a future Jordan debate, particularly given the insane trajectory Mahomes is on. Having said that there are SO many things that have to line up just right for Mahomes to win 4+ more Super Bowls that I’m betting against it, not the least of which is the return of a healthy Joe Burrow. That guy is an ice cold killer.
I mean... Brady had Manning. It's part of the legacy.

In my opinion, SF erred by playing almost a prevent defense on KC’s last two drives and gave up yardage way too easily. Far too soft on the receivers, even on critical downs. Nothing like SF’s pass defense in the first half!
They were gassed.

The first 3 championships he was a game manager.
I would realistically argue that Peyton was the better QB. Put Manning on those Patriot teams.
Tom Brady greatest career.
Man you’re pushing a boulder up a mountain of evidence trying to make this argument. It’s really not debatable at all. 35 playoff wins to 14, 14000 playoff yards to 7000, 7 Super Bowl wins to 2… there’s just no debate. There’s a reason the NFL players voted Tom Brady the best player in the league every year. It’s because he was.

Man you’re pushing a boulder up a mountain of evidence trying to make this argument. It’s really not debatable at all. 35 playoff wins to 14, 14000 playoff yards to 7000, 7 Super Bowl wins to 2… there’s just no debate. There’s a reason the NFL players voted Tom Brady the best player in the league every year. It’s because he was.
Peyton Manning 7 1st team AP All-Pro played 7 less years
Tom Brady 3 1st team AP All-Pro

Peyton Manning 7 1st team AP All-Pro played 7 less years
Tom Brady 3 1st team AP All-Pro
Do you think he’d trade 7 AP All Pro selections for Seven Super Bowls? I mean Brady won 6 and went to a different team and immediately won a 7th. Nobody is going to do that again.

Manning is a statistically great QB. Gotta be able to close the deal better than a mere 2 times to be considered for GOAT status. Being great when it matters most is probably the most important factor. FYI Otto Graham was 7 time AP All-Pro and he’s not in the conversation either.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT