ADVERTISEMENT

LaQuvionte Gonzalez Transferring from A&M

Originally posted by Deweygolfer:

Is this due to lack of playing time or is he just not that good? Dude only had 5 catches last year.They'll say it's all about depth, but if you look at whom they've lost...It's the best of the WR class. There are I believe 12 or 13 members (I've seen as high as 17) of the class that are no longer on the team. Quit, transferred, kicked off. I hope they keep it up!

Didn't like the new program DJ?

Didn't like the athletic department barber?

Too few team building bowling trips?

Rummy and Looch stopped inviting him to happy hour?

17 players gone from the 2013 class according to Gigem247. That's pretty incredible.

Fumbles, dropped passes, and tackles for loss don't get you much playing time.

But to be fair he was rarely targeted outside of a rare reverse or bubble screen. Good luck to him.

Key Returnees: Josh Reynolds, Speedy Noil, Ricky Seals-Jones, Jeremy Tabuyo, Edward Pope, Frank Iheanacho, Boone Niederhoffer

Key Additions: Christian Kirk, Kemah Siverand, Damien Ratley (early enrolee)

11 Wide Receivers. Characterize it however you want but the bottom line is a lot of WR's want to play under Sumlin and the best see the field. A&M will have the best, and deepest, WR corps in the country.

Originally posted by TexasSizedFun:

Characterize it however you want...
OK. Rats are jumping off your sinking ship. Your '13 class is a complete disaster and was supposed to be DJ Rummy's foundation.
laugh.r191677.gif

Reactions: Godz40Acrez

Is this due to lack of playing time or is he just not that good? Dude only had 5 catches last year.
sumlins problem is the same thing macks problem was, he wants you to perform like a 4 or 5 star without coaching. That 2013 group was a pretty dam good group and because of the lack of coaching it is just falling apart.

It's hilarious that the aggys try and act like they have crazy WR depth when they had to play a walk on a bunch last year (who was terrible by the way).

This post was edited on 4/20 2:48 PM by utisdabomb12

Key Returnees: Josh Reynolds, Speedy Noil, Ricky Seals-Jones, Jeremy Tabuyo, Edward Pope, Frank Iheanacho, Boone Niederhoffer

Key Additions: Christian Kirk, Kemah Siverand, Damien Ratley (early enrolee)

11 Wide Receivers. Characterize it however you want but the bottom line is a lot of WR's want to play under Sumlin and the best see the field. A&M will have the best, and deepest, WR corps in the country.
Ok, 7/10 ESPN 300 2013 signees already gone! The class was Sumlins foundation and bolstered by the media as the leap ahead of Texas...................Both QB's gone, the best of the WR's gone, etc... Will the 2014 class hold up? I know it's already lost one or two.

This post was edited on 4/20 2:51 PM by TexExSpur

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
It's hilarious that the aggys try and act like they have crazy WR depth when they had to play a walk on a bunch last year (who was terrible by the way).

This post was edited on 4/20 2:48 PM by utisdabomb12
Texas would love to have a player with 293 yards receiving. To put it in perspective, Marcus Johnson, Texas' lead returning receiver, had 313 yards. Basically, bomb is saying a guy who trailed Johnson by 20 yards is terrible.
roll.r191677.gif

Both Texas and A&M are finding it hard to win when attrition sets in at a high rate. We gutted the problem and canned Mack while Sumlin is still there.

I can't see what the aggy said above, but I'm sure it's dumb.

This post was edited on 4/20 3:15 PM by utisdabomb12

Originally posted by Falko:

We gutted the problem and canned Mack while Sumlin is still there.
This right here. And yet aggys will tell you Strong is on the hot seat after year 1 and Rummy is fine after year 3.
laugh.r191677.gif

A&M has lost the #2, #3. #4, #5, #6, #7, #9. #10, and #11 ranked recruits from their '13 class.

The only two top ten ranked recruits still on the roster from the '13 class are RSJ and Daeshon Hall (both of which have underachieved).

Gonzalez was too small for the conference he played in. He could do ok at Baylor. Probably more an SMU kind of guy.

Originally posted by madcow12:

Is this due to lack of playing time or is he just not that good? Dude only had 5 catches last year.
sumlins problem is the same thing macks problem was, he wants you to perform like a 4 or 5 star without coaching. That 2013 group was a pretty dam good group and because of the lack of coaching it is just falling apart.

Sumlins real problem is that he sold them a bill of false goods.

One win vs Bama and he rode the giddy train. Kids showed up and realized he is a fraud. They pretty much all left and keep leaving. Can't blame em. Amazingly College Station is evolving in a good way.........but slowly. Doesn't take these kids long to figure out barn parties are boring and the town sucks and the football team is avg in its best years.

Originally posted by mm42:
Gonzalez was too small for the conference he played in. He could do ok at Baylor. Probably more an SMU kind of guy.
He wasn't to small when he committed.

What happened?

Texassizedfun......the best receivers better see the field because it will take 35-40 pts to help overcome that sorry ass defense.....oh wait you guys got Chavis......that's worth 10 All-American defensive players right there....... what a dumbass.

A&M will have the best, and deepest, WR corps in the country.
Tell me about your QB and RB depth?

Tell me about your Linebacker and DB depth?

Ricky Seals Jones is a bust. You have 3 very good receivers and are one injury and a MLB draft from having no QB.

I wouldn't give two bits for any of your runningbacks, they all suck.

Your linebackers and DBS are a joke.

Lets not forget how crappy your dline depth is.

Next year your defense is going to get worse and your offense will continue to degress like it has every year.

Your only saving grace is the joke of a non-conference schedule you have.

Gonzalez was too small when he committed, we screwed it up.

We have no depth at LB. We have 4 guys that we HOPE are pretty good. After those 4, anyone else would be a surprise to me.

I actually think Safety is going to be ok. CB is scary. They all have issues, and the numbers are not good either. Our DL line depth is solid. We only have 1 great DL, but depth should be fine. If you think we are losing a lot on defense after this season, I disagree. Harris, Williams, Julien: we should return around 8 starters in 2016 on defense.

Not sure why you guys would want to talk about QB, Offense in general, or schedule.

Sumlin never developed this guy. He was an All American out of HS, small or not the should be a 3rd year guy with some leadership skills.

Gonzalez was a solid 4 star slot receiver. The guys that beat him out were a solid 5 star in Kirk, and another guy who was a 5 star by some sites in RSJ. He really couldn't move outside. But one outside receiver was a 5 star in Noil. The other outside receiver was not a highly rated guy, but I think Reynolds might be the best of the bunch. Gonzalez was recruited over, which happens. Just wish it was happening at CB, RB and LB as well.

But I will admit the 2013 class was a bust. Chasing quantity over quality killed us. We had character and ability issues. 2014 class has to be the one for us. I thought the 2015 class was just pretty good. But who knows about 2015.

But I will admit the 2013 class was a bust. Chasing quantity over quality killed us. We had character and ability issues. 2014 class has to be the one for us. I thought the 2015 class was just pretty good. But who knows about 2015.
That's not completely true, there was plenty of quality when it comes to skill, but 15 of them are not on the team.... If 2014 is the class, they will win it all by 2017?

Not sure why you guys would want to talk about QB, Offense in general, or schedule.
Not sure why aggys run their mouths about any of the big 3 sports in any context to be honest. Win something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT