ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Ou thread

Many of us said it. Riley is a damn good football coach. OU treated him (and still do) like shit. OU fans thought he was the problem and that Venables was the answer to OU not winning a natty. All summer we heard how OU is back and now things are different...toughness is back in Norman.

Welp...

Yep. Lot's of OU fans have buyer's remorse on Venables. He's a "defensive coach", and his defense is getting shredded. Looking at the schedule, it's not going to get easier for OU. I have zero sympathy for them. It's been a long time coming! I'm not piling on Bell personally. Just OU coaches, players and fans in general. Their arrogance over the years has been off the charts. Karma for them!

We also now know how much Riley’s departure decimated OUs program. I really had no idea how bad it was until yesterdays game. Riley is a bag of dirt and borderline cheater the way he handled the whole deal. But I don’t feel sorry for OU. From what I saw yesterday they’re several years away from their current “rebuild” and recruiting is going to take a huge hit. By then they’ll be stuck in SEC competition. I hope they crawl back though. It’s a little boring watching a 49 point beat down. Lol!

It isn’t so much that Riley left. It’s that in todays era of college football the coach can leave and take a bunch of players with him. I mean as bad as Venables has started if Caleb Williams and Mario Williams are on the roster it’s a different team.

imagine what Texas has looked like last year if Sark had brought Bryce Young and Jamison Williams with him. Different situation obviously but you get the idea.

We also now know how much Riley’s departure decimated OUs program. I really had no idea how bad it was until yesterdays game. Riley is a bag of dirt and borderline cheater the way he handled the whole deal. But I don’t feel sorry for OU. From what I saw yesterday they’re several years away from their current “rebuild” and recruiting is going to take a huge hit. By then they’ll be stuck in SEC competition. I hope they crawl back though. It’s a little boring watching a 49 point beat down. Lol!

I could go for Texas beatdowns on OU like that for the foreseeable future! Not boring at all. My only regret yesterday is that Texas didn't score more. The missed FG near the end of the game was unfortunate.

I could go for Texas beatdowns on OU like that for the foreseeable future! Not boring at all. My only regret yesterday is that Texas didn't score more. The missed FG near the end of the game was unfortunate.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.......This....a thousand times....this......

Reactions: LonghornMM
Rod Babers from the On Texas Post Game:
"So as a defensive guy - it's just unfair with Quinn's arm talent. You have to put two guys on X, because X is that good. He'll take the top off if you don't. Now you're telling me a linebacker can't cover JT Sanders, so I have to put a DB on him too. Then J. Whitt can consistently beat man coverage, AND then I have to defend against Bijan? HOW?!?! How the hell can you do that? You can't."

Welp, were you impressed with Sark's inaugural season?
I won’t dodge it… yea Sark’s first season was better than Venables so far. Texas finished 5-7 but blew 4th quarter leads in 4 of those losses including to OU. That sucked but at least we were competitive. OU had been absolutely whipped for 3 straight weeks. This looks more like Charlie Strong than it does Sark if we’re being honest.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
I won’t dodge it… yea Sark’s first season was better than Venables so far. Texas finished 5-7 but blew 4th quarter leads in 4 of those losses including to OU. That sucked but at least we were competitive. OU had been absolutely whipped for 3 straight weeks. This looks more like Charlie Strong than it does Sark if we’re being honest.
This season has only passed the halfway mark.

Gloat all you want brother you deserve it but you know as well as I do, it won't won't long. 😉
That wasn’t a gloat just a fact. Right now especially without Gabreal OU probably can’t beat anyone remaining on its schedule.

That wasn’t a gloat just a fact. Right now especially without Gabreal OU probably can’t beat anyone remaining on its schedule.
While Gabriel might be the #1, I expect to see a lot more of Evers or Booty at this point. Only makes sense.

For the record I was being facetious. I loved every second of the game,

My opinion

Other than QB, bevelle is baaaad, sooners have talent all over the field. I'm not sure if it's coaching or "slow" kids but they seemed to play low IQ football.

Numerous times a wr would be triple teamed and have 2 others covered by a lone cb. Ewers didn't see a handful of wide WIIIIIIIDE OPEN receivers on several occasions.

Another play that screamed low fb IQ was on a kickoff reception. Our kickoff would clearly go out of bounds for a penalty and great field position for sooners. Their guy did his best impression of an endzone shoestring catch at the 10ish I believe it was. He drug his toes to make sure he caught it 😂. Glad he did but come on, let it go out dude.

Backup QB bevelle has no control or touch. He throws the ball nose down every single pass and like a rocket on short passes. Not easy to to catch those and also explains why he tends to throw grounders.

Wildcat plays ate up 80 yds of 1st downs but once they got inside the 20 they'd put it back in the QBs hands. Again thanks, but why? Until we stop it, keep running it. Venables obviously didn't trust Bevelle to throw the ball so.....keep force feeding your 3 best playmakers. Telling me nobody can throw a bubble screen pass? Ouch.

Sooners, you have excellent athletes but they didn't look like they've ever played together before. We obviously know what it looks like when your team gives up and that's exactly what I saw yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE beating up Oklahoma in historically bad fashion BUT, it's not as fun when you're in this bad of shape. I wish you'd win ALL of your games except the RRSO.

Good luck with that! Give the wife some loving. 🤣

This season has only passed the halfway mark.
you are correct. and i'll answer your question directly-- i personally saw a walk-on at linebacker and a converted wr at safety, and there were no defensive rotations because there was no depth. i understood this. to me, this explained the second half collapses, especially as the season wore on. i also realized that due to the zoom meeting aspect of the offseason, sark didn't have a chance to evaluate well and there were still cancers on the team. 2 things gave me hope--- 1) the first half leads led me to believe we weren't dealing with idiots. clearly the game plans were solid. you could argue about adjustments, but it's hard to adjust when there is a chasm of talent and depth (see again, LB and S and lack of rotations). 2) Bo's rant-- gave us all hope that the coaches knew there was a problem, and that it would be addressed. the turd that recorded thought he was funny, but he was really improving the morale of the fan base, and hastening his prima donna ass' exit. we know who it was. biggest contribution his overrated ass ever made to the program.

now, you're right, the season is only half over. if you see marked week over week improvement from your team, you may be fine. you'll have to let me know, because i usually don't watch teams much after we've played them. if you don't, if your dudes quit-- and it seemed like your guys quit yesterday, you probably have something to worry about. then again, venables may need an offseason to get rid of some of his own cancers.

now, there are idiot(s) on here that wanted sark fired 2 weeks ago. so football experts, many among us are not. but there were red flags for you guys yesterday.

you are correct. and i'll answer your question directly-- i personally saw a walk-on at linebacker and a converted wr at safety, and there were no defensive rotations because there was no depth. i understood this. to me, this explained the second half collapses, especially as the season wore on. i also realized that due to the zoom meeting aspect of the offseason, sark didn't have a chance to evaluate well and there were still cancers on the team. 2 things gave me hope--- 1) the first half leads led me to believe we weren't dealing with idiots. clearly the game plans were solid. you could argue about adjustments, but it's hard to adjust when there is a chasm of talent and depth (see again, LB and S and lack of rotations). 2) Bo's rant-- gave us all hope that the coaches knew there was a problem, and that it would be addressed. the turd that recorded thought he was funny, but he was really improving the morale of the fan base, and hastening his prima donna ass' exit. we know who it was. biggest contribution his overrated ass ever made to the program.

now, you're right, the season is only half over. if you see marked week over week improvement from your team, you may be fine. you'll have to let me know, because i usually don't watch teams much after we've played them. if you don't, if your dudes quit-- and it seemed like your guys quit yesterday, you probably have something to worry about. then again, venables may need an offseason to get rid of some of his own cancers.

now, there are idiot(s) on here that wanted sark fired 2 weeks ago. so football experts, many among us are not. but there were red flags for you guys yesterday.
Red flags fly early with every coaching change my man. You know this is common with cfb.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoookem722
Speaking of OU. Baker Mayfield is stinking it up. He has the lowest QBR in the NFL and just threw a pick 6. This might be his last year in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT