ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Ou thread

There's a mirror somewhere. 🤣

forest-gump.gif

Out of 114 teams played this week. 113/114 scored points.. the only team that failed to score a single point... the Oklahoma sooners
Yep. Not to channel Tom Herman but shutting out a team is hard. Damn near impossible to shut a team out. Usually some points are scored in garbage time.

Reactions: hookem777
Bell is a good dude. He’s taking his lumps from us this year but I’m not going to pile on him. He comes in here and mixes it up in good fun. One of the more entertaining guys here in my opinion. Now I can’t say the same for some of these other OU clowns that come in here. Those guys can go to hell.

I have no problem with Bell or Woody. They don't hide...they're over here all the time. I'm talking about the day after day sooners on Twitter that thought Venables was the 2nd coming and starting slinging mud at Lincoln Riley and his family. **** em

Rod Babers from the On Texas Post Game:
"So as a defensive guy - it's just unfair with Quinn's arm talent. You have to put two guys on X, because X is that good. He'll take the top off if you don't. Now you're telling me a linebacker can't cover JT Sanders, so I have to put a DB on him too. Then J. Whitt can consistently beat man coverage, AND then I have to defend against Bijan? HOW?!?! How the hell can you do that? You can't."

Imagine if we still had Neyor...good grief

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
I have no problem with Bell or Woody. They don't hide...they're over here all the time. I'm talking about the day after day sooners on Twitter that thought Venables was the 2nd coming and starting slinging mud at Lincoln Riley and his family. **** em
I don’t either. One’s got some good political takes. Like minded when it comes to conservatism. The other is just a troll. 49-0. Trolling is all he’s got right now. Good luck with that brother.

I don’t either. One’s got some good political takes. Like minded when it comes to conservatism. The other is just a troll. 49-0. Trolling is all he’s got right now. Good luck with that brother.

Yeah, enough was enough with Woody's trolling. His act wore thin, and he didn't know when to stop. He lost perspective of where he's posting.

I like that one! You guys are talking Football today!

Note to LONGHORNS:

When you stomp that opposing SSS, they talk Football.
Our QB, and Receivers and the Offense Coordinator picked apart OU's D so bad that they looked like The Little Sisters of the Poor. It isn't every day anyone can do that to Oklahoma. I am sure that Head Coach is in trouble even if that is the only day they play that bad.

The Red River Shoot Out is BIG when neither team is even in the hunt.

I have told this a lot so I may have told it here but it's worth telling again...as I was privileged to hear it live.

Two old retired Coaches were going to add the "color" to the Red River Shoot Out...They were speaking when the Longhorn Band played the Fanfair....and Half The Cotton Bowl Stood, raised the Horns and began to sing..." THE eyes of TEXAS are upon YOU.......!"

After they finished, the older man said, "I have always wondered what it does to a man to hear 30.000 people sing that song after they come out onto the field...WHAT DOES it do to you?"

The younger man said, "I don't know, Coach. I was always wearin' red..." ( Coach Darrell Royal )

Coach Wilkinson had forgotten that Coach Royal was not always A TEXAS LONGHORN...and had played for him at Oklahoma.

Hook 'Em!!

Wave them pom poms sister. I might suggest you study some. Ride the wave, you deserve it. 🤣
The only pom poms on the floor today are crimson and cream after the state of Oklahoma collectively bent over for daddy 24 hours ago, pops. No Vaseline style.

Last edited:
Not sure if Ewers is single, but the young man must be killing it with the ladies on campus lol. He’s about to be (or already is )at the same level of VY, Manziel, Tebow, Reggie Bush, Leinart etc. when they were in college. They were these superstars, larger than life figures, always on ESPN, celebrity status, women, famous.

It’s been a while since Texas had someone like that, VY was probably the last player to be at that level. If he keeps playing at this same level and continues to get better every week, the sky is the limit for him. But he already looks like one of the top 5 qbs in CFB.

Last edited:
Right ? And when he's just looking around taking it in ..that arena was crazy
He has a quiet confidence about him. It’s like he knows he’s the man but he’s not going to come out and say it publicly. VY knew he was the man and would tell you lol.

Reactions: hookem777
Consider this In the not too distant future, we will be coming off this game and facing an Arkansas or an LSU, Bama, Florida and not Iowa State at home Looking forward to it for sure

Not sure if Ewers is single, but the young man must be killing it with the ladies on campus lol. He’s about to be (or already is )at the same level of VY, Manziel, Tebow, Reggie Bush, Leinart etc. when they were in college. They were these superstars, larger than life figures, always on ESPN, celebrity status, women, famous.

It’s been a while since Texas had someone like that, VY was probably the last player to be at that level. If he keeps playing at this same level and continues to get better every week, the sky is the limit for him. But he already looks like one of the top 5 qbs in CFB.
Plus he’s already legally rich

Here's a pretty cool breakdown of Quinn in the OU game. You can see he easily left 14-21 points on the field. It's scary to think how good our offense can be if comes out and plays a perfect game.

Here's a pretty cool breakdown of Quinn in the OU game. You can see he easily left 14-21 points on the field. It's scary to think how good our offense can be if comes out and plays a perfect game.

First play in video - agree 100% as the read was correct, maybe a tick late in delivery but he for sure trusted his arm too much
2nd play in the video - didn't notice in game, but this was a 2 man route against 6 in coverage and QB spy. Just incredible concept from Sark and company and what a terrific route by Whitt
3rd play - similar concept as play 2, but RoJo is in the flat. Combo of man/zone from OU with X drawing a double team. Looked like all 3 receivers had man coverage with a deep 1/3rds...hard to know for sure. Damn Whitt can run a crisp whip route
4th play - This is why I say the narrative that a QB MUST get their feet set to be accurate is way overrated. Footwork is important, but not the most important. As far as the play he describes it perfectly. I used to call that motion boomerang. Ewers recognized the blitz from deep as well as the LOS and delivered the ball timely.

Not that anyone gives a shit, but I'll watch the rest and give my opinion...really more for me and just putting my thoughts down than anything, LOLOLOL

First play in video - agree 100% as the read was correct, maybe a tick late in delivery but he for sure trusted his arm too much
2nd play in the video - didn't notice in game, but this was a 2 man route against 6 in coverage and QB spy. Just incredible concept from Sark and company and what a terrific route by Whitt
3rd play - similar concept as play 2, but RoJo is in the flat. Combo of man/zone from OU with X drawing a double team. Looked like all 3 receivers had man coverage with a deep 1/3rds...hard to know for sure. Damn Whitt can run a crisp whip route
4th play - This is why I say the narrative that a QB MUST get their feet set to be accurate is way overrated. Footwork is important, but not the most important. As far as the play he describes it perfectly. I used to call that motion boomerang. Ewers recognized the blitz from deep as well as the LOS and delivered the ball timely.

Not that anyone gives a shit, but I'll watch the rest and give my opinion...really more for me and just putting my thoughts down than anything, LOLOLOL
It really is just fun to watch an elite QB that can diagnose like Quinn can. There's at least 5 throws in that video that never get made if Card is in the game. That game was just proof of how much differently this offense operates with Quinn in the game. It opens up the whole playbook. And the connection he has with JT Sanders is on another level. Those 2 are going to put up big numbers the rest of the year and next season as well.

Re watching it a couple of times now just shows how great of an offensive mind Sark really is. He was on a different level in that game. The best game he has called in his time here at Texas.

I'm excited to see how we play this week against a really good Iowa State defense.

Side Note: We are averaging 4.5 points per drive when Quinn is under center. The number 1 offense in the nation is Ohio State and they are at 4.4 points per drive. So in other words we are the most efficient offense in the country when Quinn is playing.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Speaking of OU. Baker Mayfield is stinking it up. He has the lowest QBR in the NFL and just threw a pick 6. This might be his last year in the league.

It really is just fun to watch an elite QB that can diagnose like Quinn can. There's at least 5 throws in that video that never get made if Card is in the game. That game was just proof of how much differently this offense operates with Quinn in the game. It opens up the whole playbook. And the connection he has with JT Sanders is on another level. Those 2 are going to put up big numbers the rest of the year and next season as well.

Re watching it a couple of times now just shows how great of an offensive mind Sark really is. He was on a different level in that game. The best game he has called in his time here at Texas.

I'm excited to see how we play this week against a really good Iowa State defense.

Side Note: We are averaging 4.5 points per drive when Quinn is under center. The number 1 offense in the nation is Ohio State and they are at 4.4 points per drive. So in other words we are the most efficient offense in the country when Quinn is playing.
Credit goes to Bijan and Roschon. But then I'm opinionated when it Ewers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT