ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting

So did we get any kids to committ?
Our biggest remaining target there was Alfred Collins. He didn't commit today but lots of progress with him over the week. He spent a lot of time with UT commits and watched us beat Utah with them. His family was so excited by it they bought Alamo bowl Champion t-shirts.

I was worried we had lost him to either Baylor or OU but I think we recovered and he is ours.

Our biggest remaining target there was Alfred Collins. He didn't commit today but lots of progress with him over the week. He spent a lot of time with UT commits and watched us beat Utah with them. His family was so excited by it they bought Alamo bowl Champion t-shirts.

I was worried we had lost him to either Baylor or OU but I think we recovered and he is ours.
And I believe he jumped into a picture of UT commits taken with a former player.

There's some sort of conspiracy on the recruiting boards to rank the Aggies higher than the Longhorns, so that their class is safely ahead of ours.

Said no Longhorn ever.
Another thing. There was that one year when Texas jumped the Aggies at the end of the recruiting season. The Aggies were saying that Longhorns always get (unfairly) re-evaluated and get additional stars or just higher numbers.

This recruiting season is a counterexample. If I recall correctly, the Longhorn class was averaging in the 93's on 247, during the first half of the football season. Maybe high 92's? On early signing day: 91.85.

Confirmation bias is when you expect something to occur, and only notice or remember information that supports your foregone conclusion. People do it when they're rooting for a certain side, such as in religion, politics or sports.

Another thing. There was that one year when Texas jumped the Aggies at the end of the recruiting season. The Aggies were saying that Longhorns always get (unfairly) re-evaluated and get additional stars or just higher numbers.

This recruiting season is a counterexample. If I recall correctly, the Longhorn class was averaging in the 93's on 247, during the first half of the football season. Maybe high 92's? On early signing day: 91.85.

Confirmation bias is when you expect something to occur, and only notice or remember information that supports your foregone conclusion. People do it when they're rooting for a certain side, such as in religion, politics or sports.
I think it is because the 3 kids who committed/signed on ESD were all rated 86 or below. Pulled down the average a bit. They'll reevaluate guys again before final signing day. Will be interesting which guys go up or down. I would assume most of the movement will be on guys who played in one of the 2 big AA games.

With Matt Rhule leaving are there any kids from Baylor we would try to flip? Duvernay turned out pretty sweet!

Reactions: freeper
Should we be worried there isn't more chatter here since we are getting toward the end of January????

Should we be worried there isn't more chatter here since we are getting toward the end of January????
I dont think so. The majority of our class already signed. And this was always going to be a small-ish class because of numbers, think quality and not quantity. We'll likely add another 2 DL and 1 DB between now and signing day. I bet save some spots for a grad transfer WR and another position.

Ok, knew this was going to be small. Just would love to see some stud DL come aboard because we sure need it. We good at LB?

Ok, knew this was going to be small. Just would love to see some stud DL come aboard because we sure need it. We good at LB?
All signs point toward Alfred Collins DE (high 4* and might add a 5*) signing with the good guys on signing day. Princely U. (DE) might come back on board if the coaches want him (4* as well).

All signs point toward Alfred Collins DE (high 4* and might add a 5*) signing with the good guys on signing day. Princely U. (DE) might come back on board if the coaches want him (4* as well).

If we defeat L$U and follow with a B12 title, 2021 could be a banner year.

Prince Dorbah (lb) is arguably one of the best players in the state. He played out of position in HS but will be an LB for us. We also took a flier on an ATH who played QB in hs and are going to try and make him a LB i think. So we shall see.

I dont think so. The majority of our class already signed. And this was always going to be a small-ish class because of numbers, think quality and not quantity. We'll likely add another 2 DL and 1 DB between now and signing day. I bet save some spots for a grad transfer WR and another position.
We are currently targeting (percent that they land at Texas (IMO))
DL - Alfred Collins (90%)
DL - Princely Umanmielen (75%)
DB - Ennis Rakestraw (60%)
RB/WR - Kelvontay Dixon (80%)
RB - Kevontre Bradford (50%)

Anyone I missed?

Anyone I missed?
The Rakestraw kid should get an extra star just for his name.

Reactions: freeper

Anyone I missed?
WR from Marshall just got offered recently. I forget his name, he's a freak athlete who played QB this year. 6'4+

Also I'd put Dixon at like 99.9% lol

Anyone I missed?
If Rakestraw leaves bama uncommitted, he's ours. I don't know if he's a take for them at this point. I guess we'll find out bc he OV there this weekend i think

Anyone I missed?
Bradford commits to LSU after visiting this weekend

Anyone I missed?
1 week till signing day and it seems like we are in a good position for:
DL - Alfred Collins
DL - Princely Umanmielen
RB/WR - Kelvontay Dixon

2 others to watch include
DB - Ennis Rakestraw
WR - Savion Williams

I think we finish with the number 7 overall recruiting class with one of the highest average player rankings.

1 week till signing day and it seems like we are in a good position for:
DL - Alfred Collins
DL - Princely Umanmielen
RB/WR - Kelvontay Dixon

2 others to watch include
DB - Ennis Rakestraw
WR - Savion Williams

I think we finish with the number 7 overall recruiting class with one of the highest average player rankings.

our current average player ranking is like 91.64 or so....way behind the top guys at 94plus.....according to 24/7 anyway....

Last edited:
our current average player ranking is like 91.64 or so....way behind the top guys at 94plus.....according to 24/7 anyway....
Georgia, and their 4 5 stars out of 21, has a ranking of 94.23 on average. That is crazy.

Otherwise we will likely on trial the likes of Bama, Georgia, LSU and Clemson. Not bad company to keep

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT