ADVERTISEMENT

74 -72 in 7 overtimes?

4th and 18, he was short of the yellow line. Not saying the yellow line is always right. But should have been measured!
Fumble by tight end ruled incomplete. Should of been reviewed and wasn’t.
I just watched the end of regulation and 3 overtime’s so not sure other than that.

Which specific call do you claim was wrong?

The 4th and 18 seemed to be short of the line. The catch in OT by Sternberger looked to be a fumble. Neither play was reviewed and should have been. If the aggy receiver was indeed short of the line to gain, the game is over and never goes to OT. If the pass play to Sternberger is called correctly, game over and LSU wins. LSU got hosed. aggy so desperately wants a rivalry with LSU, while LSU looks at a&m and yawns. Bottom line is aggy finished 8-4, which is a typical season for them. Rinse and repeat every year.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Which specific call do you claim was wrong?

Really? You really had to ask that? As if you did not see the 4th and 18 play? You know damn well that was ballgame. Dude was obviously short. One of the most blatant non calls and non reviews I've ever seen. LSU should raise hell at the SEC offices over that one. Pathetic.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I saw the interception and looked away and then one of my buddies looks up from his beer and goes "Wtf? Why does aggy still have the ball? I though lsu picked it off...". Next thing you know, aggy scored and the rodeo ensued. Anybody know why the interception was called off?

How they overturn the interception and say that Monds knee was down was a joke. The guy drops the snap picks it up and throws an interception straight to LSU. I’m sorry but the refs should have called that game over. Sternberger fumbled. The spike with three seconds was left was an illegal formation.

I saw the interception and looked away and then one of my buddies looks up from his beer and goes "Wtf? Why does aggy still have the ball? I though lsu picked it off...". Next thing you know, aggy scored and the rodeo ensued. Anybody know why the interception was called off?

They said that Mond’s knee touched the ground when he bent over to pick the fumbled snap up. They called him down and the interception was called back. What a joke.

They said that Mond’s knee touched the ground when he bent over to pick the fumbled snap up. They called him down and the interception was called back. What a joke.

That call was actually correct. It was an incredible stroke of luck for aggy, but still right. It was the ensuing terrible spot on the 4th and 18 that saved aggy. That should've been ball game for LSU.

welll Aggie are and have always been filth, trash, fags, garbage etc. If they knew what integrity was they would have ended the game voluntarily after the FAILED 4th and 18 but, being aggie garbage they didn't. Wish they would leave the SEC and take the refs they bought with them.

It was 4th and 18 from the Texas A&M 39 yard line. The chains were at the LSU 43, the television line was incorrectly on the 41. The reciever was down at roughly the 42, which is why the game didn't pause or review. The down judge isn't watching your little yellow line on a tv.

Reactions: Reveille5
**** you, you aggie piece of shit . Your goddamn fag receiver was short and the game was ****ing over. LSU was robbed and I hope those officials and Texas A &M get what they deserve

**** you, you aggie piece of shit . Your goddamn fag receiver was short and the game was ****ing over. LSU was robbed and I hope those officials and Texas A &M get what they deserve
So slightly salty?

Conversation

Dane Brugler
@dpbrugler

This was the 4th-and-18 conversion for A&M. Looked like he was a half yard shy, but bc the Aggies were in hurry mode and spiked it, no time for a review.

10:09 PM · Nov 24, 2018 · Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

Dane Brugler
@dpbrugler

·
14h

Replying to
@dpbrugler
So, it turns out the yard to gain was the LSU 43-yard line. The SEC Network yellow line mistakenly showed the 41-yard line as the 1st down. The 1st down call was correct. Back to the 4th OT...

So slightly salty?

Conversation

Dane Brugler
@dpbrugler

This was the 4th-and-18 conversion for A&M. Looked like he was a half yard shy, but bc the Aggies were in hurry mode and spiked it, no time for a review.

10:09 PM · Nov 24, 2018 · Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

Dane Brugler
@dpbrugler

·
14h

Replying to
@dpbrugler
So, it turns out the yard to gain was the LSU 43-yard line. The SEC Network yellow line mistakenly showed the 41-yard line as the 1st down. The 1st down call was correct. Back to the 4th OT...

LSU got screwed multiple times in that game. BTW, there is no such thing as a Texas aggie. Its Texas a&m aggies.

LSU got screwed multiple times in that game. BTW, there is no such thing as a Texas aggie. Its Texas a&m aggies.
The PI (ticky tack) and the Jace Sternberger (fumble/incomplete - could have been called either way) we're only two that I felt could have gone the other way. People I think are just fixated on the perceived bad call on the 4th and 18 and say LSU got jobbed.

The PI (ticky tack) and the Jace Sternberger (fumble/incomplete - could have been called either way) we're only two that I felt could have gone the other way. People I think are just fixated on the perceived bad call on the 4th and 18 and say LSU got jobbed.

LSU did get jobbed. And if the calls that you mention would have gone against aggy, y'all would have been complaining how you got robbed. The only reason that a&m fans are justifying these blown calls by the refs is because it worked in aggy's favor.

Aggy didn’t deserve to win that game. Mond threw an interception to end it. Even if it was technically correct that was the most chicken shit thing to review I have ever witnessed. Then they don’t review Sternbergers fumble. LOL!

DHHorn, you are spot on. TAM are just worthless garbage as a program.as such they cannot employ integrity because they have none. They are the ONLY fanbase in existence who will gloat over a STOLEN victory. Jimbo should have walked across the field after the interception and congratulated coach orgeron instead of allowing the officials to steal the game for him.

Ironically, even the corndogs could only find one iffy call when they did an analysis. And if you can name a recent football game without an iffy call in it, is be impressed.

LSU vs. Texas A&M: Explaining questionable calls in Tigers' loss with NFL official's help
Advocate staff report
Published Nov 25, 2018 at 3:12 am | Updated Nov 25, 2018 at 1:16 pm
No doubt LSU fans have plenty of questions about the officiating in the Tigers' epic seven-overtime loss to Texas A&M on Saturday.

Let's go through a few notable calls and try to explain a few.

First, the game-ending interception that was called off when video review ruled the quarterback was down

On second-and-10 at the Aggies 47, Texas A&M quarterback Kellen Mond muffed the shotgun snap, knelt to pick it up and heaved the football downfield, where it was intercepted by LSU strong safety Grant Delpit.

It appeared to end the game. LSU coach Ed Orgeron got a Gatorade bath on the sideline.

But upon replay review, the officials ruled Mond's knee was down before he threw the ball, backing him up to a third-and-18 at the Texas A&M 39 and keeping the game alive.

5bfa5f7f5a80f.image.gif

ESPN BY BROOKS KUBENA | bkubena@theadvocate.com

"I've got to look back on that," Delpit said afterward. "I've got to see if if his knee was down when I picked it off."

Terry McAulay, a longtime NFL official and current rules expert for NBC's Sunday Night Football, took to Twitter on Sunday to explain some of the calls. In this instance he said it looked clear to him that Mond's knee was down.

Second, the fourth-and-18 play at the end of the fourth quarter
That's explained here. In a word, the SEC Network's yellow first-down line to gain was wrong.

Third, Texas A&M spikes the ball with what appeared less than 3 seconds, with officials adding 1 second back on the clock
In a 2013 rule change, the NCAA established that 3 seconds is "the minimum amount of time required to be on the game clock in order to spike the ball to stop the clock."

But in an NCAA memo from September 2017, the rule is updated as follows:

"If the clock is stopped with three or more seconds remaining in a quarter, and the clock will start on the Referee’s signal, the Offense may spike the ball and if executed properly could have time remaining for another play. If the clock is stopped with 2 or 1 seconds in a quarter and will start on the Referee’s signal, there is only enough time for one more play."

McAulay said the TV replay showed the ball on the ground with 1 second left, meaning it was OK to run another play.

5bfa5cb67d62f.image.gif

Texas A&M quarterback Kellen Mond appears to snap the ball with just 2 seconds left on the clock. After official review, the referees ruled there was 1 second left in regulation.

A play later, Mond completed a 19-yard touchdown pass to Quartney Davis to tie the game and send it into overtime.

"We thought the game should have been over from there," LSU senior tight end Foster Moreau said. "Obviously, it didn't go that way, but we should have finished the game out regardless."

"After they put that one second back on the clock," Orgeron said. "The momentum seemed like it was always in their favor."

Fourth, did Texas A&M tight end Jace Sternberger fumble the ball in the first overtime?
On the first play of Texas A&M's turn during the first overtime, Texas A&M tight end Jace Sternberger appeared to secure a catch, and LSU strong safety Grant Delpit jarred the ball loose and a teammate recovered what appeared to be a fumble.

5bfa5923cb4ff.image.gif

After review, officials ruled the play was an incomplete pass. Eight plays later, LSU had a goal-line stand to force a field goal that sent the game to a second overtime.

"Was it a fumble when I hit him?" Delpit wondered allowed afterward. "Got to look back and see all that stuff."

McAulay noted the replay didn't show indisputable video evidence indicating it was a fumble. In his opinion, even if it was reviewed, the call of incomplete pass should've stood.

Fifth, the pass interference that preceded Texas A&M's game-winning two-point conversion
The game was tied 72-72 in the seventh overtime, and Texas A&M was lined up to go for two in a chance to win the game.

Mond threw right to a receiver, who was guarded tightly by LSU cornerback Greedy Williams. An official threw a flag and called pass interference on Williams.

5bfa68418dd27.image.gif

Williams contested the call with the official, who penalized Williams for unsportsmanlike conduct.

McAulay analyzed the play and said pass interference shouldn't have been called.

A&M replayed the two-point conversion from the LSU 1, and Mond completed a game-winning pass to Kendrick Rogers.

Sixth, the appearance of an illegal formation on the spike play...
More details here. In a word, McAulay says the formation was correct.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...06501fc2-f079-11e8-86e6-afd6045d332a.amp.html

Reactions: Reveille5
don't mind losing to a respected opponent on a level playing field. To lose to A&M in any way is an embarrassment. So, yeah i'm a bit pissed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT