ADVERTISEMENT

An update on the situation involving hornsfan65

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,

I'm pretty red faced but working with Fundly to return funds.

One thing I do want to share, I have had 3 OBs reach out to me today about family members that need help around the state.

Real, no bullshit cases of guys needing help plus a LEO who head a group called 3rd watch, called me (I had posted the link to fund raise online) about another vet who needs help.

But trying to make lemonaide of our lemons.

:oops:
Nothing to be red faced about. You stepped up big time when you thought somebody needed help. After reading all of these threads it seems like that’s something you do quite often. Makes you a stand up guy in my book.

I questioned with myself, the authenticity of this when it all came down . But then I felt guilty even thinking it was a hoax and decided not to question it. I contacted a non-OB friend that is a West Point guy, Army Ranger. He had heard something about it on Sunday but had no details. I called my sister who lives in Amarillo to see if she had heard anything or seen anything in the Amarillo paper and she had not heard/read anything. Checked with her son who is an Army Vet (not a Ranger) living there too and he had not heard anything and he recently lost one of his Army buddies due to the demons.

strange things that did not add up.....but I donated in good faith and caring.

Absolutely nothing wrong with OB coming together to help....proud moment actually
No body should feel guilty on helping out if they could. I didn't donate but i am not surprised by the power of OB. People on here have a really great heart. I dont always agree with people on here and not everyone is going to agree with me but i have seen the kind hearts of the people on here and am amazed. @echeese i have never met you but at the next happy hour if you are in in Austin the first few drinks are on me.

Reactions: echeese
I had the thread on the main board deleted. His information should not be posted.

Trust me when I tell you I think the same compassion we showed earlier is needed now.
Seriously. I realize this is an inflammatory situation in some aspects, but can you guys have a little humanity?

Reactions: quartersmith
Okay stupid question here.

What exactly is the main board and why would putting information on it by any more “outing” than posting it here?

The main board is the rivals main forum. Any of the members of any rivals site can post. Not as friendly of a place.
They have a history of doxing scammers or liars and then making their life hell. Like getting people fired and or divorced kind of stuff.

Reactions: TaxSaver
Well, I've officially had the one of the most surreal 24 hours of my life. Given that this is completely uncharted territory, I'm going to try to explain this situation via a short timeline of events.

* After the events from Saturday night and Sunday morning concerning the safety of the Orangebloods poster @hornsfan65, the Orangebloods staff spent the better part of Sunday and today working will law enforcement officials to confirm what had allegedly occurred on the message board. There wasn't a phone number listed in the user's contact information and none of the other listed information was current/correct, so initial efforts to provide both aid and confirmation were unsuccessful.

* By the end of this morning, we had very, very strong reasons to believe that the story that @hornsfan65 had told on the site had been untrue. Anwar Richardson led the investigation for us all day today and eventually confirmed through Amarillo police that @hornsfan65 was alive. The police had spoken with @hornsfan65 and that he confirmed that he was safe and claimed his account had been hacked over the weekend. While on a three-way call with Anwar and the police officer, we requested that the officer contact @hornsfan65 and ask if we could contact him.

* Less than an hour ago, Anwar and I spoke with @hornsfan65 over the phone. According to him, he has not used his Orangebloods account in quite a while and he can't explain how this situation occurred or who might have made the posts under his account if it wasn't him. Honestly, we asked a number of questions that he just didn't have answers for and it means that as of this very second, I can't fully explain situation this with complete detail, even if I have strong suspicions about what happened.

The best possible news is that we didn't lose an Orangebloods member this weekend in horrific fashion. I keep reminding myself that this is all that matters. I want to express to everyone that I made repeated attempts to check on his safety and state of mind, imploring with him to talk with us if he needed someone to talk to. However, he was quite insistent that he was in good health and of sound mind.

The bad news is that the a lot of people, including myself, were taken advantage of. All the members of this community wanted to do was be there for someone in a moment of need and that amazing amount of good faith was taken advantage of.

I don't know what else to say other than these three things:

1. Everyone who contributed to the fund that @echeese established in the last 24 hours will have their money refunded. I've told Chuck that I will work hand in hand in any capacity needed to make sure this is done in quick fashion.

2. There is still an active investigation about this on our end. I wouldn't normally write something before an investigation concludes, but this matter required urgent communication between myself and the board.

3. We will work to create a vetting process exists for any fund that is promoted on the site moving forward. We were all just trying to do the right thing, but in the future we're going to have to wait until situations are fully vetted before we support and allow for donations to take place.

A few people have told me that I don't have anything to be sorry about as it relates to all of this, but I don't believe that to be true. The buck stops with me and in retrospect, I would do things a little different today with the ability of a little hindsight.

My sincere apologies.

gk

Class act as always.

Reactions: HuffTex
Your sigs scream "Lifetime Winner of Most Hated". Fear not....
giphy.gif

Ho Lee Fuk!

Btw (doubt you do) but Ketch if you ever wanna go by the wing shop I got tales to compare sir

That explains why I was unable to track him down by his first & last name via the military. Wow, I'm getting madder the more I read. I was thinking this was a military guy who had issues & needed help. Now, he's a pretend Army Ranger who faked his own death?
....don't leave off the faking of a grieving wife.

@Ketchum, count me in the group that says you did NOTHING wrong! EVERYTHING you said in your Monday column is true about this board. We're a family, and we help each other. You've created that. If we cared too much, who gives a shit?! We live and learn. I mean every bit of that we.

Thank you @Anwar Richardson for all you've done today, and thank you to the board for caring so much. As a long time member who rarely posts relative to how much I did in the early years, I've been moved to no end in the last few years by the actions of this board when we were needed. All this B.S. doesn't change that in my mind one bit.

HOOK EM

Reactions: SETXHorn8
Seriously. I realize this is an inflammatory situation in some aspects, but can you guys have a little humanity?

I already offered a fair trade in this thread. 6 hours of no penalty tit blasting to calm the jets. We feel cheated, we get a just reward, people cool down. :D

Reactions: McGuapo
I can't put myself on OBs Mt Rushmore but if the title is bestowed upon me I will wear it with pride
Lol come on man. You have to be on there. SheHooksem wins hands down then hornsfan and you for you're debacle.

I posted the story on several Infantry Facebook groups.

Mother ****er I’m pissed

Same here. I've got some family in the Navy who also took up the cause and donated. I had to call with some explaining to do. Man, I've posted with this guy back and forth. I was depressed as hell about his "death". Brought back some bad f'ing memories. So pissed.

Reactions: 65HornInTacoma
Just out of curiosity, where did we get the info that he had an 11 year old son? Just going through old posts of his and he mentions having daughters.

Also, this guy is clearly unstable. I mean, what would his end goal be for posting this drivel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT